• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch!!! Any Tuggers here?

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
We just arrived for a week at HWOR and will be at the 5 PM Wine Tasting if any Tuggers are here!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I guess not... And $4 Margaritas!!!

itap39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt WOR
we're headed there next weekend! $4marg's sound great! are the pool side bars open at the pool and lazy river?

bluemax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Valdoro Mountain Lodge (HGVC), Hilton Hawaiian Village (HGVC), Hyatt Lost Pines,
I guess not... And $4 Margaritas!!!
Here today gone tomorrow- missed the wine tasting. Don't like the new no Yeti, food, alcohol anywhere x room policy.

Enjoy

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know, but $4 margaritas... Dang!!!! Got roped into agreeing to an "owner update" Thursday...!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Will ask them. I am interested in hearing how my resale weeks at HWOR are going to become worthless when the PPP kicks into high gear.
Maybe we can all trade amoung ourselves. Not many Tuggers are going to jump

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe we can all trade amoung ourselves. Not many Tuggers are going to jump
Yes, great idea. With seven grandkids under five, we will be using HWOR for at least 10-12 more years!!

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
dagger1, just wanted to let you know I am anxiously awaiting your report on your owner's update tomorrow...hopefully informative but--if nothing else--it should be entertaining!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
We just arrived for a week at HWOR and will be at the 5 PM Wine Tasting if any Tuggers are here!
This resort is on my bucket list. I'm going to try and search for a week next year. Is anytime better than another to do an OGS here?

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This resort is on my bucket list. I'm going to try and search for a week next year. Is anytime better than another to do an OGS here?
I think summer is the high time, and Spring Break. Mid September thru Mid October should be very doable, and it will be much cooler. 2 of our weeks are in June to avoid the July/August heat. Lots to do in the Fall, all the San Antonio things plus lots of Hill Country Wine festivals, Wurstfest in New Braunfels, and tubing on the Guadalupe river. The Nimitz War in the Pacific Museum in Fredericksburg is excellent, and then theirs always Luckenbach for great music!!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dagger1, just wanted to let you know I am anxiously awaiting your report on your owner's update tomorrow...hopefully informative but--if nothing else--it should be entertaining!
Will do my best!!!!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I think summer is the high time, and Spring Break. Mid September thru Mid October should be very doable, and it will be much cooler. 2 of our weeks are in June to avoid the July/August heat. Lots to do in the Fall, all the San Antonio things plus lots of Hill Country Wine festivals, Wurstfest in New Braunfels, and tubing on the Guadalupe river. The Nimitz War in the Pacific Museum in Fredericksburg is excellent, and then theirs always Luckenbach for great music!!
Thank you so much for the reply, I'm going to try and put my OGS for May, October, November....

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you so much for the reply, I'm going to try and put my OGS for May, October, November....
I think end of October would be great: Wurstfest in New Braunfels!!

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't like the new no Yeti, food, alcohol anywhere x room policy.

THIS! I can understand a no glass policy (no glass by the pools, etc). HOWEVER, to say a no food / drink policy so we can sell you over priced food and drinks at a location YOU OWN. I think this is not ok. I really like the property, however, believe management has overstepped here.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
+1. Some venues--like ballparks, airports, or hospitals--have a captive audience and take advantage of it to jack up food and beverage prices to the stratosphere and we grudgingly accept it because we have no alternative. But when, as Sapper points out, the resort management decides to restrict food and beverage to rooms only, that's going over the top. They might say they're doing it in order to keep your MF's reasonable, but we all know that's a lot of horse hockey.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree with everyone above, don't understand the "no Yeti" policy... Kind of understand the "no cooler" policy... Kind of... But I am amazed how cheap food and beverage prices are here compared to other resorts I've been to. I definitely want the pool and lazy river bars to stay open... I have seen plenty of people with drink containers though, but no coolers yet.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just left owner update:
Per Sales Rep:
1. I am a "ghost" owner, not a "real" owner.
2. I have 10 days to "upgrade" to Pure Points Program, which will make me: a. A real owner; b. Give me "priority" trading in ILG resorts (Hyatt and Vistana); c. PPP is a "right to use" program which ends in 67 years (He tried to tell me that my deeded week/unit was RTU until I pointed out it was deeded in perpetuity..);
Per Closer:
1. PPP probably wasn't for me since I wanted to use my weeks every year and not trade a lot.
2. I would be grandfathered into trading to other Hyatt properties but not Vistana.
3. I should buy another EOY 1400 point Week to convert one of my 2000 point weeks to "full Hyatt Ownership" for $12,500. This would allow me to convert this 2000 point Week to Hyatt Gold Passport points...
4. This was Hyatt's final pitch, and we explained we don't need the Hyatt Hotel points.

The meeting was an hour and fifteen minutes, and we received a $100 credit on our hotel bill, basically paying for the two days of Camp Armadillo we put out granddaughters in.

Sorry, but my wife botched the recording. Not sure what she did, but....

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you have a deed, you are an owner. On that note, as an owner, what can they do to you if you were to bring food / drinks into the pool area? I understand the best way to change the rule is to become an active participant in the management group. Failing that, what would they do? Cause a scene, try to remove you from a property you have an ownership interest in?

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just left owner update:
Per Sales Rep:
2. I have 10 days to "upgrade" to Pure Points Program, which will make me: a. A real owner; b. Give me "priority" trading in ILG resorts (Hyatt and Vistana); c. PPP is a "right to use" program which ends in 67 years (He tried to tell me that my deeded week/unit was RTU until I pointed out it was deeded in perpetuity..);
Per Closer:
1. PPP probably wasn't for me since I wanted to use my weeks every year and not trade a lot.
2. I would be grandfathered into trading to other Hyatt properties but not Vistana.
3. I should buy another EOY 1400 point Week to convert one of my 2000 point weeks to "full Hyatt Ownership" for $12,500. This would allow me to convert this 2000 point Week to Hyatt Gold Passport points...
4. This was Hyatt's final pitch, and we explained we don't need the Hyatt Hotel points.

The meeting was an hour and fifteen minutes, and we received a $100 credit on our hotel bill, basically paying for the two days of Camp Armadillo we put out granddaughters in.

Dagger, thanks for the excellent report. From one "Ghost Owner" to another, well done! I think I am going to go get some Ghost Owner T-shirts made up and offer them here on the Hyatt Forum!!

Regarding the comments from the sales weasels:
  1. You already have priority trading within HRC by virtue of your points ownership related to the weeks you own. PPP owners will not have priority over HRC owners for trades on legacy properties that are within HRC. Verdict: Sales Weasel Lie. So what else is new?
  2. Nice job on the retort regarding your RTU ownership at Hyatt Wild Oak. Verdict: Sales Weasel Lie. So what else is new?
  3. PPP probably isn't for you since you want to use your weeks every year and not trade a lot. That may be true, but the inference that you can't trade within the HRC with your current ownership is an outright fabrication. Verdict: Sales Weasel Lie. So what else is new?
  4. You will be "grandfathered" into the other Hyatt properties but not Vistana. I have a problem with the term "grandfathered" since your ability to trade using your CUP points is an essential part of your HRC ownership. You weren't grandfathered into anything. You own it!! Regarding Vistana, no one who has ever bought Hyatt for one minute thought that ownership might give them trade rights into Vistana. False argument. Verdict: Technically true, but colored with a lot of B.S. So what else is new?
  5. I love the pitch that "if you move to full ownership from your current ghost ownership for the low, low available today only price of just $12,500, you can then trade for hotel points!!!!" Verdict: True. And a terrible, terrible value. But what else is new?
Getting in and out in 75 minutes is an accomplishment. Congrats! And enjoy the rest of your vacation. Great job!

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just left owner update:
Per Sales Rep:
Per Closer:

I am amazed that ILG has not "officially" communicated to current owners what our options are. I am pretty certain what you were told (for the most part) in #2 above is not correct (unless ILG has changed their mind in the last few weeks).

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just left owner update:
Per Sales Rep:
Per Closer:

I am soooo envious! I would love to attend the session and have an absolute festive time twisting the hucksters tail around and around. With regard to "priority" what is the status of someone off the street buying into the PPP? The conversation implies that they have no priority. Or maybe they have an even higher priority because they paid $48K and not be cursed and ridiculed as being a "ghost". Then too, what about being a "ghost anonymous" who just can't wait to go to the update meeting!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am amazed that ILG has not "officially" communicated to current owners what our options are. I am pretty certain what you were told (for the most part) in #2 above is not correct (unless ILG has changed their mind in the last few weeks).
I forgot to mention that my sales rep, a pretty decent guy, told me that all "real" owners had been notified 6 months ago about being able to upgrade to Pure Points. He was surprised I had not been contacted about the amazing opportunity to upgrade at only $20 per point which is going to $35 per point in the near future.
Sorry about omitting this!