• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Pure Points Program

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I believe there will still be the ability to trade especially since Hawaii, Colorado and Puerto Rico will not be participating in PPP. It will still be good just not as easy to get in elsewhere.
Just be sure you are good with where you own

scsu_hockey_fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sapper mentioned something about it in post #290 in this thread.

I read more rumors today about ILG. Some may like it others may not. I wonder what the outcome will be.

Wall Street isn't happy with their performance, I guess.
I had bought some stock back when it was first announced on tug about the new points system coming, the price then was around $10 to $12 per share. And cashed out when I saw this. Sold at $27 per share. So the stock is actually up a lot. Maybe they see a cash flow problem in the future if they keep on the current road. Or they don't see a good way around the so called "legal issues" they ran into with the new ppp. ??????

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm betting the pure points program doesn't happen this summer. I talked with customer service about a totally unrelated topic and she ended it with, "Can I answer any other questions?" I said sure, can you tell me when we Hyatt is going to roll out the new points program? She had no idea what I was talking about. The salesmen are talking about it, but has anyone bought this yet? If they have, there is no way to book properties online yet, unless there is a new website we don't know about. Also, the customer service reps would have to know the program inside and out to answer questions. None of this is happening. The 40 something page document that was posted did have a 2017 date typed into it, but no month and day for when it would become active.

Also in the document, it did mention fees for both permanent conversion to the new program, or a fee for yearly use, so I'm guessing you will have your choice of switching your week on a year by year basis or permanently joining the program. I'm beginning to think the people in charge of this project are the same ones doing Wyndham's IT department. No way this pure bs points program rolls out successfully before September.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm betting the pure points program doesn't happen this summer. I talked with customer service about a totally unrelated topic and she ended it with, "Can I answer any other questions?" I said sure, can you tell me when we Hyatt is going to roll out the new points program? She had no idea what I was talking about. The salesmen are talking about it, but has anyone bought this yet? If they have, there is no way to book properties online yet, unless there is a new website we don't know about. Also, the customer service reps would have to know the program inside and out to answer questions. None of this is happening. The 40 something page document that was posted did have a 2017 date typed into it, but no month and day for when it would become active.

Also in the document, it did mention fees for both permanent conversion to the new program, or a fee for yearly use, so I'm guessing you will have your choice of switching your week on a year by year basis or permanently joining the program. I'm beginning to think the people in charge of this project are the same ones doing Wyndham's IT department. No way this pure bs points program rolls out successfully before September.

Last time I called, there was an option to press one number if you are an HRC owner and another if you own HPC. Could be that the HRC reps aren't knowledgeable about HPC.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Last time I called, there was an option to press one number if you are an HRC owner and another if you own HPC. Could be that the HRC reps aren't knowledgeable about HPC.
Just to reinforce what lizap is saying, when you call 800.GOHYATT, you can choose option 1 for Hyatt Residence Club or option 2 for "Hyatt Residence Portfolio Owners". It does sound like Hyatt/ILG is beginning to gear up with some level of infrastructure support for HRP.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm betting the pure points program doesn't happen this summer.

If that happens, the ILG stock price will collapse. The company has been promising this program for a long time. If it can't deliver within a reasonable timetable the Wall Street bankers will loose what ever faith they have in this company. If it can't do this program, how can it integrate Vistana?

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
If that happens, the ILG stock price will collapse. The company has been promising this program for a long time. If it can't deliver within a reasonable timetable the Wall Street bankers will loose what ever faith they have in this company. If it can't do this program, how can it integrate Vistana?

I think ILG is in trouble regardless of the rollout of PPP. Typical example of a company expanding too fast into areas it knows little about. Would not be a bit surprised to see another company, such as Marriott, acquire ILG (was reported a while back ILG was looking for a buyer). It's possible they might give PPP owners access to Sheratons in the FLEX program but I seriously doubt they get access (and especially not priority over mandatory owners) to the mandatory Westins and 2 voluntary Westins in Hawaii, which are the gems in Vistana.

Last edited:

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score

You are correct. I heard the same thing today. However, I'm. clueless and did not realize portfolio owner was the new points club owners.

Do you think they have their own web portal too? And do you choose 1 or 2 when you call if you own both points and weeks?

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you think they have their own web portal too? And do you choose 1 or 2 when you call if you own both points and weeks?
Remember, ownership in one is quite different from ownership in the other. The two trusts are distinct. If you do own in both, you'd have to contact one group for the management of those assets and contact the second group for management of the points assets. However, I see no evidence yet of a second website for the Hyatt Residence Portfolio. It's probably so small at this point that a small staff has been trained and established by phone only to answer questions of owners.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
The first I have seen written mention of the Hyatt Residence Club Portfolio Program. This was contained in an email message from the Hyatt Residence Club Concierge:

"HV Global Group, Inc. independently owns and manages the Hyatt Residence Club and Hyatt Residence Club Portfolio programs and uses the Hyatt Vacation Ownership name and other Hyatt names and marks under license from an affiliate of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The right to use the Hyatt names and marks shall cease if such license expires or is revoked or terminated. Hyatt Hotels Corporation and its affiliates make no representations, warranties, or guaranties with respect to the resorts or the Hyatt Residence Club and Hyatt Residence Club Portfolio programs. HV Global Group, Inc. is not an affiliate of Hyatt Hotels Corporation."

It's interesting that no formal notice has been provided to owners that the Portfolio program even exists.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is interesting, indeed. As I mentioned in my post yesterday on another thread, it sounded to me like Hyatt is essentially doing a "soft opening" on HRP now, with more details and a bigger splash coming early in 2018--at least, according to the Owner Services rep I spoke with.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So new news from folks who have gone to presentations is that you can join for one year at a minimum price and your points will last for 3 yrs with
no reservation fees. I am going to call today and try and get more information.You can use inventory from either group if you join. Right now resale owners can join but that may change

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
So new news from folks who have gone to presentations is that you can join for one year at a minimum price and your points will last for 3 yrs with
no reservation fees. I am going to call today and try and get more information.You can use inventory from either group if you join. Right now resale owners can join but that may change

That is news! Will be interesting to hear what details they'll provide.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting news. Thanks, Tucson. Again, this strategy tells me that the rollout of HRP is going very slowly--either by design (possible) or because sales are slow and Hyatt/ILG are trying to figure it all out (probable).

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
....You can use inventory from either group if you join. Right now resale owners can join but that may change
My guess is there will be two inventories. One is the HRP units and the other is a limited inventory of HRC units which have been "temporarily" deposited by owners who want to try the system for one year. Hyatt has to keep those units separate as they would have to deal with deed issues, which would be a major problem on reinstatement.

It's all in the fine print, but remember the Hyatt huckster is trying to make a sale, so who knows how it would really work.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score

This agrees with the info. I got. Wish they would send us a formal announcement about our options.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This agrees with the info. I got. Wish they would send us a formal announcement about our options.
I guess sales has a CD and a pamphlet but Hyatt is not planning to send us anything until the program is fully going everywhere ( maybe because it keeps changing?) .
It is $20 a point to join ( 19.50 if you sign up TODAY, lol) and the minimum points are 660 although someone else who went to a presentation said 760 hmmm?
Guess it depends on your sales rep. To me that seems a lot. It is modeled after
Marriotts program but I believe that their buy in price was not quite as steep. Maybe some Marriott folks can share their knowledge. We spoke with a lot of Marriott folks in Breckenridge as
we share a common pool and hot tub area and most all have been happy with their program. I never got a call back from sales but did get
a direct phone number from an owner that bought into the program so will try and call again today. I will post if I find out anything new.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I guess sales has a CD and a pamphlet but Hyatt is not planning to send us anything until the program is fully going everywhere ( maybe because it keeps changing?) .
It is $20 a point to join ( 19.50 if you sign up TODAY, lol) and the minimum points are 660 although someone else who went to a presentation said 760 hmmm?
Guess it depends on your sales rep. To me that seems a lot. It is modeled after
Marriotts program but I believe that their buy in price was not quite as steep. Maybe some Marriott folks can share their knowledge. We spoke with a lot of Marriott folks in Breckenridge as
we share a common pool and hot tub area and most all have been happy with their program. I never got a call back from sales but did get
a direct phone number from an owner that bought into the program so will try and call again today. I will post if I find out anything new.

Marriott allowed us to to pay $699 and enroll our existing weeks in the program ($599 for 1 week). We continue to own our weeks and have the option of exchanging them every year for a set amount of points depending on the resort and season we own. That price has gone up over time and you can't enroll resale weeks most of the time unless you buy a boatload of Points. I think it is probably worth it to be able to get points for your weeks though I've only done that once, but others love the flexibility.

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
So it costs $12k+ to be able to do what, that I can't do now? Or are existing owners able to join at a price much lower because they already own?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have 2 calls in to Hyatt and no one has called back so I just am going off reports from 2 owners who went to presentations in Bonita Springs. The benefits are priority trading, no extra fees and points are good for 3 yrs before expiring. It is something under $150 to join for a yr. but I have no idea what that means except no reservation fees and points again last 3 yrs. One member was told that she couldn't trade into Hawaii if she wasn't in the Portfolio Program which makes no sense to me as Hawaii is not in that program. There is also mention of new resorts only for Portfolio members but I take that with a grain of salt. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 2 calls in to Hyatt and no one has called back so I just am going off reports from 2 owners who went to presentations in Bonita Springs. The benefits are priority trading, no extra fees and points are good for 3 yrs before expiring. It is something under $150 to join for a yr. but I have no idea what that means except no reservation fees and points again last 3 yrs. One member was told that she couldn't trade into Hawaii if she wasn't in the Portfolio Program which makes no sense to me as Hawaii is not in that program. There is also mention of new resorts only for Portfolio members but I take that with a grain of salt. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

You did great! Thank you. Heck of a lot more info than what Hyatt is putting out to their owners. Evidently they want to build up the intrigue and have everyone want to get into the program.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar

Are they referring to the points we already have with our current weeks or points we have to buy in addition to our current ownership?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You did great! Thank you. Heck of a lot more info than what Hyatt is putting out to their owners. Evidently they want to build up the intrigue and have everyone want to get into the program.
I did get a call back but was told that legally because I lived in AZ and AZ was not yet registered for the program , they could not share information with me over the phone. The sales executive
said he would call me back in a month or 2 when AZ was registered. Does not make much sense as we own 1 of our 2 weeks in Florida. I did share that it was not helping their program that there was so
much conflicting information and that people were going to share what they learned at presentations on the internet. He agreed with me but said his hands were tied by their legal department. Suzanne I posed your question to the folks that attendedthe presentation in Coconut Plantation and will let you know if I learn anything of value.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I remember when I bought my weeks at Marriott Frenchman's Cove. I'm probably the only one who ever bought from an online Marriott salesperson but it worked very well. However I lived in Virginia at the time and they weren't registered in Virginia. They couldn't deliver any sales info or paperwork to me so they would FedEx everything to my son in Baltimore. I would drive to Baltimore for all the contracts and closing documents. I remember thinking it was strange since the Marriott Manor Club is in Virginia. Apparently they must register each resort in every state they plan to sell in.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are they referring to the points we already have with our current weeks or points we have to buy in addition to our current ownership?
From the Hyatt facebook group, "Points in Portfolio program expire at three years... points from HRC (deeded) can be transferred into the portfolio, IF you are a portfolio owner - the fee to do that is $133, must be done by March 31 from what I understand, and they would then expire in 3 years if not used."