• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Pure Points Program

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Could be true now; not entirely sure but when I was a sales executive for Hyatt (last agent on site to sell out High Sierra Lodge) this was in the contract. I'd suggest checking for this aspect if you were to be thinking of using less than full weeks. Bill

Oh Bill, you should never have mentioned that you were once a sales exec for HRC! My brain is swirling with all of the questions I want to ask! In any case, welcome to TUG. Glad to have you.

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House 2 diamond weeks
Hyatt Windward Pointe 2 diamond weeks
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch week 26
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
Marriott Royal Palms 35 year
Sands of Kahana fractional (sold)
I'm here to be of service! FYI, it's been over 10 years since we sold this resort out and I've specialized in ALL Hyatt resales since. I do also handle other premium timeshares, but Hyatt is by far my majority. Thanks, Bill

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure full weeks are prioritized. I was told it's all but date of request for waitlist
Partial weeks operate on a different approach. They can't just break up a full week just because a short week is up next on the wait list. There needs to be a match for it to be confirmed.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Thanks Kal. We may have spoken to a newbie when we called Hyatt. Now I feel extremely lucky we got a 4 day midway in Maui from the wait list.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
end of May 1 bedroom

melroseman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Attended the sales presentation yesterday at Coconut Plantation where they have just reopened the newly renovated old sales center, since we were offered a $100 credit on our bill to attend. Previously we had been told that incentives to go to such presentations were NOT offered to those of us who had bought on the secondary market. Apparently they have decided they need to reach all possible sources of sales and also to entice us to consider selling back to Hyatt so that they will have more access for the new pure points folks to come to the original HRC properties.
The salesperson, Max, was the most straightforward and honest salesperson we have encountered in many such sessions over the years we have owned Hyatt. He is retired from selling at Disney for 35 years. I know that you can usually count on chicanery from the sales weasels, but this guy was refreshingly candid. He wanted to know if we would be interested in buying another 2000 point week for $ 19,000, explaining that this was a very good price and that once Hyatt received OK from the state of Florida the price would jump to $ 41,000. When we pointed out that to someone who had paid developer price in the past this would look pretty good, but to us who had bought our week 2 here on eBay for $ 2500 it was ridiculously high, he agreed and stopped any attempt to sell us anything.
He did say that Hyatt would be interested in buying back from us our Diamond and Platinum weeks at Beach House but that would have to be investigated through corporate by contacting owner services and did not know any price numbers. ( We are not interested in selling.)
We asked about the new points program and once again were told that the sales people are still in the dark about the details. He assumes that legacy owners will be offered a chance to participate for some kind of a fee like Marriott, but did not have any number to share. He did agree that the new points folks would not have any trading access to the legacy owned units, except through the Hyatt owned units at the properties. There will be tiers of ownership based on how many points you buy, with those owning more points having more perks and advantaged access to the inventory than those who own less.
The new building # 4 at Coconut that is to be started in the next couple of months and the new construction at Wild Oak will be sold only through the new points trust ( no deeded weeks.). He agreed with Kal that now is the time to buy a deeded week if you can find one and get past ROFR. He also thought that resale prices of high point weeks will rise as Hyatt competes with resale buyers for deeded weeks.
The renovated sales center is quite large and nicely appointed. It is obviously designed for a pretty large sales force to sell the new points program around the new building here. Their model of the eventual campus here shows 14 total buildings, which seems very ambitious for the present market.

We love Coconut Plantation tho we don't own there, and plan a visit next year. Any idea how disruptive the construction on building 4 will be, and when it will be completed? Using our Marriotts as an example...and even Hyatt Ka'anapali, newly constructed units generally means lots of available inventory until sales catches up. The 14 buildings has been the plan for years, but I agree if it happens at all it won't be for a long, long time. I think Marriott has all but scrapped its plans for several more buildings at Lakeshore Reserve, which is an awesome resort, and is focusing on the "Pulse" urban hotel-like units.

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House 2 diamond weeks
Hyatt Windward Pointe 2 diamond weeks
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch week 26
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
Marriott Royal Palms 35 year
Sands of Kahana fractional (sold)
Glad to hear you had a professional Salesperson. Interesting to hear them quote a number like $41,000 but not have been informed by Hyatt yet.
Hyatt is buying back far more Key West weeks than Coconut Plantation weeks. I did hear from a Hyatt Corporate Executive that the new Coconut and Wild Oak buildings are specifically for their new points based program.
While there is no way to know what will happen to resale prices my bet is Diamond and Platinum 2 br. will be the strongest due to the highest demand for occupancy.
Lower seasons will be more like me commodities in that lowest price will have a chance to be sold.
Further advantage for deeded weeks is that any season (now) has equal dues- another advantage for 2,000 and 2,200 point weeks. Points programs usually have dues based on # if points so will likely be much higher dues for 2,000 and 2,200 points.
There are still some very good high season buys at all Florida resorts but inventories are decreasing

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Glad to hear you had a professional Salesperson. Interesting to hear them quote a number like $41,000 but not have been informed by Hyatt yet.
Hyatt is buying back far more Key West weeks than Coconut Plantation weeks. I did hear from a Hyatt Corporate Executive that the new Coconut and Wild Oak buildings are specifically for their new points based program.
While there is no way to know what will happen to resale prices my bet is Diamond and Platinum 2 br. will be the strongest due to the highest demand for occupancy.
Lower seasons will be more like me commodities in that lowest price will have a chance to be sold.
Further advantage for deeded weeks is that any season (now) has equal dues- another advantage for 2,000 and 2,200 point weeks. Points programs usually have dues based on # if points so will likely be much higher dues for 2,000 and 2,200 points.
There are still some very good high season buys at all Florida resorts but inventories are decreasing
A Wild Oak 2,200 point (floating) just sold on eBay for $3651 plus $1101 2017 MF's (less than a deeded week) plus $650 transfer = $5402.00. Someone got a great deal. Wonder why MF's are so low on Points program?

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A Wild Oak 2,200 point (floating) just sold on eBay for $3651 plus $1101 2017 MF's (less than a deeded week) plus $650 transfer = $5402.00. Someone got a great deal. Wonder why MF's are so low on Points program?

But the real question is--will it pass ROFR?

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize that floating weeks existed through Hyatt

While only a small percentage, yes, there are floating weeks sold at a few resorts, in specific seasons only. (I don't know if there is a list anywhere which details where these have been sold)

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
The eBay listing specifically said "floating", no deeded week/unit was mentioned. It said these points could be used at any Hyatt resort. I didn't know the "points" system was already implemented. I think possible the MF quoted did not include the annual property tax...

Last edited:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
The eBay listing specifically said "floating", no deeded week/unit was mentioned. It said these points could be used at any Hyatt resort. I didn't know the "points" system was already implemented. I think possible the MF quoted did not include the annual property tax...

The term "floating" generally applies to weeks not points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just looked at sold Hyatt listings and found one that matches (WOR, 2200, no week mentioned) but I can't find where it says 'floating'.

Also checked feedback - very strange (and similar)

Note item location: Sevierville!!!!!!

Are our old friends back in business?

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe the week wasn't listed because........gee, maybe it doesn't exist?

Reaction score
I personally find lots of mis-advertised timeshare ads out there that may be done that way on purpose or just plain lazy or ingnorance

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just looked at sold Hyatt listings and found one that matches (WOR, 2200, no week mentioned) but I can't find where it says 'floating'.

Also checked feedback - very strange (and similar)

Note item location: Sevierville!!!!!!

Are our old friends back in business?
Yes, you are right, it doesn't say "floating", just points that can be used at any Hyatt resort. The seller is someone called S.I.T.E.. Looks like they want to handle the closing and transfer, which means they hold the money in escrow... When I buy, I generally like to pick the closing/transfer agent.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you are right, it doesn't say "floating", just points that can be used at any Hyatt resort. The seller is someone called S.I.T.E.. Looks like they want to handle the closing and transfer, which means they hold the money in escrow... When I buy, I generally like to pick the closing/transfer agent.

There is no way that will pass ROFR. Buyer is going to have deposit money locked up in escrow for at least a few months which won't even result in them getting the timeshare. Hyatt recently bought back annual 2200 point Wild Oak Ranch for $10k that I tried to purchase.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Often there are Hyatt listings where the unit is described as "floating". My guess is the owner always uses the points to reserve where ever is desired, thus it's floating. In those cases the actual owned unit/week is probably so poor it's never used or the seller didn't want to discourage potential buyers.

Some resorts have floating days associated with the owned unit/week. It would be pretty difficult to sell just the floating days as there is no deeded unit to anchor the sale.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To the dagger1: may I offer a polite suggestion? Your inquiry today about the pending sale of this particular unit is interesting, but it deserves its own thread. And since your inquiry has nothing to do with the Hyatt Pure Points Program, it muddles the clarity of the discussion--both for your particular inquiry as well as for real information about the HPPP, whenever that program is finally announced and implemented, which should happen sometime this summer.

Thanks for considering my thoughts on this.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To the dagger1: may I offer a polite suggestion? Your inquiry today about the pending sale of this particular unit is interesting, but it deserves its own thread. And since your inquiry has nothing to do with the Hyatt Pure Points Program, it muddles the clarity of the discussion--both for your particular inquiry as well as for real information about the HPPP, whenever that program is finally announced and implemented, which should happen sometime this summer.

Thanks for considering my thoughts on this.
I posted the eBay Hyatt "points" sale because I thought it had something to do with the HPPP and in response to ResaleExpert's comment about dues associated with points in the post directly above my first post. I did not know that Hyatt already sold purely points packages, thought they only sold deeded weeks/units. I didn't mean to muddle the clarity of this thread, sorry if the post confused anyone.

Last edited:

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I posted the eBay Hyatt "points" sale because I thought it had something to do with the HPPP. I did not know that Hyatt already sold purely points packages, that they only sold deeded weeks/units. I didn't mean to muddle the clarity of this thread, sorry if the post confused you.
Thanks for your understanding. It's not a big deal--just something that's considered good manners here at TUG. And thanks for all your inquiries, questions, and posts on Hyatt!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for your understanding. It's not a big deal--just something that's considered good manners here at TUG. And thanks for all your inquiries, questions, and posts on Hyatt!
Completely understand, thanks for monitoring... I am new to Hyatt and still don't really understand the deeded system, the points system, and now the new HPPS...