• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Club Rules 2017

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows what HVGG is? Also, there is a section on Page 24 of the 2017 Rules talking about other affiliated resorts of HRGG having access to our resorts ( and us to theirs.) Is this the combining of Hyatt with Starwood and others that they have purchased? If so, it could mean that those of us who like to trade within the HRC will find our inventory diluted. I'm interested to hear others interpretations of the new Rules.

Last edited:

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows what HVGG is? Also, there is a section on Page 24 of the 2017 Rules talking about other affiliated resorts of HRGG having access to our resorts ( and us to theirs.) Is this the combining of Hyatt with Starwood and others that they have purchased? If so, it could mean that those of us who like to trade within the HRC will find our inventory diluted. I'm interested to hear others interpretations of the new Rules.
I wonder if this is a setup for the PurePoints program. If so, this would have limited impact on the legacy HRC resort options.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is from the bottom of page 4 and top of page 5 in the Rules and Regulations:

HVGG shall mean HV Global Group, Inc., a Delaware corporation. HVGG is an exchange company registered pursuant to applicable law for the purpose of offering exchange and reservation services and related vacation and travel benefits to Club Members at Club Resorts. Note that HV Global Group, Inc. was formerly known as Hyatt Residential Group, Inc., which was formerly known as Hyatt Vacation Ownership, Inc. and may be referred to by either name in various documents and agreements. Also note that the acronym HVGG was formerly HRG and HVOI and HVGG may be referred to as either HRG or HVOI in various documents and agreements.
page5image39440
page5image39600
page5image39760
page5image39920

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is from the bottom of page 4 and top of page 5 in the Rules and Regulations:

HVGG shall mean HV Global Group, Inc., a Delaware corporation. HVGG is an exchange company registered pursuant to applicable law for the purpose of offering exchange and reservation services and related vacation and travel benefits to Club Members at Club Resorts. Note that HV Global Group, Inc. was formerly known as Hyatt Residential Group, Inc., which was formerly known as Hyatt Vacation Ownership, Inc. and may be referred to by either name in various documents and agreements. Also note that the acronym HVGG was formerly HRG and HVOI and HVGG may be referred to as either HRG or HVOI in various documents and agreements.
page5image39440
page5image39600
page5image39760
page5image39920
Okay, that makes sense. This all part of the legacy Hyatt Vacation Club which changed its spots over time to include Hyatt Residences (e.g. Siesta Key, et. al). It's just a matter of what's the Mothership's name.

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, that makes sense. This all part of the legacy Hyatt Vacation Club which changed its spots over time to include Hyatt Residences (e.g. Siesta Key, et. al). It's just a matter of what's the Mothership's name.[/QUOTE

Rereading page 24 Section 5.2 B referring to HPC is what concerned me, but now I believe HPC to be Hyatt Points Club, not their other Vacation Clubs (Starwood etc.) I still wonder if the points owners won't mean increased competition for the high demand weeks. They, like the owners who have extra float time, can use the points to book up the better weeks.

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oops! I edited Kal's instead of replying. Please scroll down Kal's post to see my reply. Sorry, but I don't know how to fix it!

Quinte

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
Hyatt Beach House
Hyatt Portfolio Points
I read the whole document as the preparation for the move to a "points trust". I saw the HPC Owner's Association (p. 24) as the new entity that would hold the "new" non-deeded points. I don't think it will change much, as there has to be property to back-up the points that are being given out. I was told any new buildings at WOR would be in a points trust.