*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

How to transfer RCI points

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by iani2012, Dec 30, 2012.

1. iani2012

iani2012 TUG Member

New to the TUG forum, so perhaps this has been posted elsewhere.

Is there a way to sell RCI "points" and transfer them from one RCI account to another? If so, what is the going price for points?

2. Egret1986

Egret1986 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

There is no charge to transfer RCI Points from one account to another

Just have the RCI Points account numbers and call RCI to complete the transfer. The going rate is a penny a point usually. This is the price that I have paid for them when I've needed additional points. I believe that it has been posted by others that it is against RCI rules to sell your points; therefore, I would not mention to RCI that you have "sold" your points and want to transfer them to the buyer's account.

3. iani2012

iani2012 TUG Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Would you be able to recommend where to post points for sale online?

4. Egret1986

Egret1986 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I have responded to your PM with a couple of suggestions

Welcome to TUG! :hi:

5. stonebroke

stonebroke TUG Member

Careful

I believe it is against RCI Rules to sell your points. So the answer to your question quoted above woudl be "carefully". Yes, they do show up for sale on TUG and I have seen them on Ebay. Perhaps you could offer to sell that Christmas Fruitcake you don't know what to do with for $500 and include 50,000 points.

I like using my RCI points but like you I probably have accumulated too many.

6. iani2012

iani2012 TUG Member

Thank you :)

7. jc92869

jc92869 TUG Member

when do they expire

Another issue to consider when pricing your points is their expiration date. By listing the points at 1 penny per point you will be competing with everyone, and so your points might take long to sell, or go unsold.

If your points are close to expiring you may want to price @ less than a penny per point ( .6 - .75 pennies / point is a good deal. and .5 penny / point will ensure your points get sold quickly.)

In some cases, trying to squeeze every cent out of your points may in the long run result in your being stuck with expiring points.

8. iani2012

iani2012 TUG Member

Accourding to Raintree, RCI points connected to a Raintree account cannot be transfered.