*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

How to find out who lives in a particular house

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by Ann-Marie, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

My husband is a volunteer firefighter. Every time there is a house fire, I am always curious if the house he is at is someone I know. Is there a website that I can use to put in an address that will give me the homeowners name?

2. Conan

Conan TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

3. jlwquilter

jlwquilter Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I use the property appraisor website for the county that the house is located in. Each site is different so I can't say if your county site would be easy to use but it's worth a try. On mine, I have the option to enter address or name or subdivision, etc. and then get all the info on the house. Great for buying and selling and renting!

4. Don

Don TUG Member

I was going to suggest the same thing, but you have to realize that many counties do not put that info online. The next best is a reverse number lookup site. 411locate is not the only one. If you can't find it there, try another.

5. arlene22

arlene22 TUG Member

I liberated myself from bulky phone books a while ago. Threw them out and now only use www.411.com which also has a reverse lookup feature.

6. Ann-Marie

411.com works great. Thank You.

7. Wonka

Wonka TUG Lifetime Member

8. Fern Modena

Fern Modena TUG Lifetime Member

Ann-Marie,
    Why not join the Red Cross as a disaster action team member? You would then be one of the responders who help assess what people need after a fire and guide them to help for their immediate needs.

Fern

9. Icarus

Icarus TUG Member

That would tell you who owns the house, not who lives in the house. That isn't quite the same thing if you are renting.

-David

10. arlene22

arlene22 TUG Member

www.411.com is free.

Once in a while, if you are searching for a number that turns out to be unlisted, they will give you an option to do a further search, which would cost more money. But you can get all the information you get from a phone book, plus reverse phone and reverse address, for free.

11. Ann-Marie

Fern I would love to do something like that. However, for years I was the one to stay home with my kids, and now we babysit full time, so I still stay home with kids. Our town is so small that most of the time the FD gets a good handle on a fire, and not too many people are displaced. Only once in my 31 years living here has there been a fire where the Red Cross had to come and relocate people. We only have a small 2 story townhouse complex. We do not have any apartment buildings.

12. Fern Modena

Fern Modena TUG Lifetime Member

I once lived in a town such as the one you describe, with very few apartments. And yet people were displaced, when houses caught on fire. Usually in the middle of the night. My husband was a disaster responder for Red Cross when we lived there. It takes a special kind of person to do this.

Fern

13. jlwquilter

jlwquilter Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

You are absolutely correct! I didn't think of that when I posted. Still... the county sites are awful handy for lots of stuff :)

14. JLB

JLB Guest

When I was trying to look after my mother from 400 miles away, on one of the online phone directories you could put in an address and look at an entire neighborhood.

She was shocked when I knew everyone around her.

15. swift

swift TUG Lifetime Member

Well...., not always. I looked up the house next door, cause I would like to track down the landlord and exchange a few words with him:mad: , but the info it gave me was the name and phone number of the previous renter.

16. Banker

Banker TUG Member

Well, that was quite interesting! I went to our county's tax commissioner's website and plugged in our address and saw what we paid in taxes, when it was received, value of the house, etc. I was curious and put in all of our neighbor's addresses also. I never went to this site before, quite revealing!