• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to determine Market Value?

Say win

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and I am thinking about selling our timeshare, but I have noidea how to determine the current market value, or if we do sell will the buyer pay the same monthly dues we pay?

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshares aren't worth much, monetarily these days. Their value is in their use. To determine a resale value, sign on to eBay. Type the name of the TS in the search window. When it shows some returns, look down the left side for 'completed auctions'. That will show what similar TSs have actually sold for and those that got no bids etc. You can go from there to either list it on TUG or give away or ask the TS if they will accept a deedback or whatever.

Best wishes, and welcome to TUG.

Jim

Say win

Reaction score
Thanks

Timeshares aren't worth much, monetarily these days. Their value is in their use. To determine a resale value, sign on to eBay. Type the name of the TS in the search window. When it shows some returns, look down the left side for 'completed auctions'. That will show what similar TSs have actually sold for and those that got no bids etc. You can go from there to either list it on TUG or give away or ask the TS if they will accept a deedback or whatever.

Best wishes, and welcome to TUG.

Jim

Thanks Jim

I tried doing just that on eBay and there isn't anything to compare it to. My wife and I attended two timeshare sales pitches a week ago and I coulndn't believe how much they were asking!!!:eek: I personally think purchasing a time share is such an emotional in the moment purchase, and can't see selling it effectively on eBay. As for the monthly dues? Do the due's we agreed to pay to the resort stay the same when I sell?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do the due's we agreed to pay to the resort stay the same when I sell?

As far as I know they do. Hard for me to imagine that there is no sales history on eBay. Is the resort very small? If you wish, you can post what it is, not phrased as a 'for sale' ad for more info. Now, I was just using eBay as a tool for you to find sales prices. It's a lousy place to sell. Good place to buy, but it's definitely buyer friendly.

Whatever you do, NEVER pay anyone upfront to sell it for you. Those deals are ALWAYS scams.

Jim

Say win

Reaction score
Scams

As far as I know they do. Hard for me to imagine that there is no sales history on eBay. Is the resort very small? If you wish, you can post what it is, not phrased as a 'for sale' ad for more info. Now, I was just using eBay as a tool for you to find sales prices. It's a lousy place to sell. Good place to buy, but it's definitely buyer friendly.

Whatever you do, NEVER pay anyone upfront to sell it for you. Those deals are ALWAYS scams.

Jim

Yes I have seen that advice many times already.:) Our timeshare is a Labor day week, Endless Escape package lockout unit at the Holiday Hills resort in Branson, Mo. The week can be traded with RCI, and our dues are locked in for life at $25 a month. When I looked on eBay, I only found Texas Silverleaf properties that had sold.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our timeshare is a Labor day week, Endless Escape package lockout unit at the Holiday Hills resort in Branson, Mo. The week can be traded with RCI, and our dues are locked in for life at $25 a month.

The info for transferability should be spelled out in your contract, but if it is 'lifetime', I'd speculate that it terminates with a new owner to whatever the current rate is. $300/yr is pretty reasonable. That is just a guess on my part.
For $300/yr, with a holiday week locked in, unless you have a compelling reason to divest, it might be more valuable to use or exchange or rent. Any idea how many TPUs RCI assigns it?

Jim

Say win

Reaction score
The info for transferability should be spelled out in your contract, but if it is 'lifetime', I'd speculate that it terminates with a new owner to whatever the current rate is. $300/yr is pretty reasonable. That is just a guess on my part.
For $300/yr, with a holiday week locked in, unless you have a compelling reason to divest, it might be more valuable to use or exchange or rent. Any idea how many TPUs RCI assigns it?

Jim

I have no idea, we have owned it since 2000 and never used the RCI. We have used the endless escape many, many times and have only been turned away once. My mother and father and law have a Presidential they never use and we are on their deed, so we can use theirs, so that's why I considered selling.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Memberships/weeks seem to not sell often. I can't offer any suggestion how to value it, so I guess you could list it any way you wish. I'd try the TUG marketplace (costs are $15 yr membership), or Redweek.com. Sometime the sales dep't at the resort will list it there for folks who want an extra week. Doesn't hurt to ask. Find out from the resort if the dues deal is transferable, List unit size and week and who pays closing and transfers. It seems like this would be desirable for someone in the Midwest who golfs Also exchanges internally to Orlando or Las Vegas. Are RCI dues (usually about $90/yr) included?

Good Luck. List it and see what happens. You will have to find out a couple of things first, though.

Jim

Say win

Reaction score
Thanks

Memberships/weeks seem to not sell often. I can't offer any suggestion how to value it, so I guess you could list it any way you wish. I'd try the TUG marketplace (costs are $15 yr membership), or Redweek.com. Sometime the sales dep't at the resort will list it there for folks who want an extra week. Doesn't hurt to ask. Find out from the resort if the dues deal is transferable, List unit size and week and who pays closing and transfers. It seems like this would be desirable for someone in the Midwest who golfs Also exchanges internally to Orlando or Las Vegas. Are RCI dues (usually about $90/yr) included?

Good Luck. List it and see what happens. You will have to find out a couple of things first, though.

Jim

Thank you sir!!! :)

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm writing as another Silverleaf Endless Escape owner. Presidential at Ozark Mountain Resort.

I don't know anything about resales of Silverleaf properties. I do know that Silverleaf says that EE does not transfer with change of ownership. The new owner only gets regular bonus time. This is a real drawback to resale. I do know that sometimes it slips through but I wouldn't count on it.

You might try the Silverleaf group on groups.yahoo.com. You might find a happy owner who wants to add a second unit.

We love our Silverleaf. We have traded with RCI and used internal exchange. In fact we were advised by a salesman to exchange our week with RCI and use bonus week for Silverleaf.

Later this month we are going to OMR for 6 nights on bonus time.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Market value for a timeshare resort that a nice question. To keep an idea what some timeshare are selling for just go E-bay, Redweek.com and TUG Marketplace.

Say win

Reaction score
Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone, I believe I will just keep it after doing the little research that I have done so far. It appears they aren't worth much when you resale, and with are dues being so low and having the endless escape we might as well use it for the rest of our life. :eek:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I believe I will just keep it after doing the little research that I have done so far. It appears they aren't worth much when you resale, and with are dues being so low and having the endless escape we might as well use it for the rest of our life. :eek:

I think this is the best plan unless and until there is a compelling reason to divest of it. Heck, find out what kind of TPU it will get in RCI and you might be able to see some different scenery. It will cost about $190 to do an exchange, but as low as your MF is, that's still a nice vacation for under $500/yr. That's Motel 6 rates.

Jim

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would start at Zero, calculate what any governmental agency and HOA will charge you to change the recorded ownership, Deduct that and that's the minimum you will need to pay someone to take on the Maintenance Fee Obligation

YMMV

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Luxury Timeshare Vacation Accommodations For Motel 6 & Super 8 Rates.

It will cost about $190 to do an exchange, but as low as your MF is, that's still a nice vacation for under $500/yr. That's Motel 6 rates.
That's about the size of it -- & it's 1 of the main reasons we enjoy timeshare vacationing.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
http://sell.tug2.net

all those looking to sell in the resale market will be best served by reading this article completely.