*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

How To Buy A Timeshare

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by AbelowDS, May 3, 2012.

1. AbelowDS

AbelowDS TUG Member

There are posts with Stickys above for "How To Rent A Timeshare", "How To Sell Your Timeshare", "How To Verify That A Rental Is Legit", etc. I've looked and maybe I've missed it, but there doesn't seem to be one dedicated to BUYING a timeshare. Of course, lots of bits and pieces strewn throught this forum. Would be great if there was something all in one place.

If it already exists, I sincerely apologie and the moderator should delete this post :eek: But if so, would appreciate a pointer to where it can be found.

Thanks

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  2. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Click on "ADVICE" in the [red] bar at the top of the page and you will find a number of helpful articles.

3. csxjohn

csxjohn TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Tropic Shores, 2br. Summer Bay, 3br L/O. Bluegreen Pts.
    Just to avoid confusion the advice is in the red bar at the top.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
  4. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

OOOpppssss! Thanks! :D

5. AbelowDS

AbelowDS TUG Member

Thank you

My apologies. I'm fairly new to the board and I didn't even see that was there.

6. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Absolutely no apology needed! :hi:

7. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

If its not in the advice articles, I would add..Know what you are buying. There are many timeshares ads with bad discriptions of what you are buying...Ive seen ads for two bedroom units that are actually one bedrooms, and onebedrooms that are really studios. There is another thread here on tugwhere the ad said Wyndham points..in fact it was for rci points...so know what you are buying before you make your bid..and secondly, know your seller. either by reputation or recommendation. There are sellers that will stand behind their ad and correct mistakes if they happen and others that wont. Know your seller