• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How the Manchester Arena Attack Unfolded

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
How the Manchester Arena Attack Unfolded
From The New York Times/ World/ Europe/ Interactive/ nytimes.com

"Around 10:30 p.m., Ariana Grande finished her encore at the Manchester Arena and left the stage. The lights came up, and people streamed toward the exits.

A homemade bomb exploded near or in the large public area that connects the arena to the Manchester Victoria train station where parents often wait for their children after concerts.

The power of the blast shook the arena, and people started screaming and running. The first police calls came at 10:33 p.m. Parents and others tried to identify loved ones until security guards ushered everyone out...."

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Police Investigate 'Network' of Salman Abedi, Manchester Bomber
By Katrin Bennhold, Stephen Castle, and Nour Youssef/ World/ Europe/ The New York Times/ nytimes.com

MANCHESTER, England — "He recently dropped out of college. He had gone to Syria, a stronghold of the Islamic State. He also went to Libya to see his parents, who had moved back there after two decades in Britain.

A portrait of Salman Abedi, the 22-year-old who carried out Britain’s deadliest terrorist attack since 2005, quickly began to come into focus on Wednesday as investigators raced to track down what the police called his “network,” in the first official confirmation that the police believe Mr. Abedi got help.

Mr. Abedi’s parents in Libya had become worried about his radicalization, and they had even seized his British passport, according to a friend in Manchester, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he feared for his safety. Mr. Abedi had told his parents that he wanted to visit the holy Saudi city of Mecca, so they returned his passport. But instead of flying to Saudi Arabia, he returned home, the friend said...."

25Bomber2-master768.jpg

Police officers searched an apartment in Manchester on Wednesday. Credit Darren Staples/Reuters

Richard

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Such a horrendous and cowardly act.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Found at the Scene in Manchester: Shrapnel, a Backpack and a Battery
By C. J. Chivers/ World/ Europe/ The New York Times/ nytimes.com

"The bomber in the Manchester terrorist attack appeared to have carried a powerful explosive in a lightweight metal container concealed either within a black vest or a blue Karrimor backpack, and may have held a small switch in his left hand, according to preliminary information gathered by British authorities.

The initial analysis of the bomb, based on evidence photographed and collected at the crime scene and distributed by British authorities, does not specify the size or type of explosive used in the bomb’s main charge but suggests an improvised device made with forethought and care...."

Richard

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There isn't much to say, I can only shake my head.

In my household at least, this is the first terrorist attack that my 11YO can relate to. She likes the Ariana Grande and for the first time she has the thought of wow, that could have been me that was there.

I remember when I was her age. For the longest time in the back of my mind the fear of nuclear war was there. Her generation will fear that isolated terrorist attack.

So often I am outside the gates of Disney Magic Kingdom - waiting in the line for bag check, possible xray walk through and ticket line. Every single time I'm there waiting in that crowd I think about that lone backpack that someone would drop there.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We cannot let these terrorist, use fear tactics to take everyone enjoyment in traveling and in attending social, sporting, and the art events. This is Memorial Day Weekend in our great nation and to many of our soldiers have given their lives., so we can enjoy freedom in this country and around the world.

Last edited: