• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How does RCI pull pts from Wyndham for exchange made from ongoing search

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
I have used RCI ongoing searches in the past and confirmed reservations through the Wyndham RCI portal without having points deposited to RCI. In those cases, within a couple days, points eligible to deposit to RCI were removed from my Wyndham account to pay for the exchange.

I just confirmed another exchange from an ongoing search, but currently have 0 2016 pts, and only have 32,000 2017 points that are eligible to deposit to RCI. I have credit pooled points and 2018 use year points, but we can no longer use the book & cancel trick to turn credit pooled points into cancelled points that can be deposited.

My question is, will Wyndham pull from my credit pooled or 2018 points to pay for this RCI exchange? I can't deposit these, but would be fine if this happened.

I'm hoping my exchange isn't at risk of getting cancelled.

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
Can you explain why? What has happened if you didn't make a deposit? I have waited previously and let Wyndham pull the points because it saves a reservation transaction. I haven't had the exchange cancelled, just the points were pulled to RCI without me having to deposit.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don't have points that *could* be deposited, I think it is very unlikely that they will pull them from the pool for you, because pool credits are not eligible for RCI. But, I could be wrong. Maybe they will. If they don't, RCI will definitely cancel it. They won't give you the exchange for free.

You could instead rent points for a reservation that has the right number of points (at $8/K if you do it online), and cancel it. Those should come back as regular points in the UY of the original reservation, and you can deposit those.

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
It turned out, no one could answer my question in August, so I will post what happened.

I confirmed an RCI exchange from an ongoing search last August, with no points deposited to my Wyndham RCI account. RCI confirmed it, and my balance still showed as 0 pts. I had no 2017 points available, only 2018 and 2019 which couldn't be deposited at the time since they were >10 months out.

I chose not to rent points, as $8/pt is double my MF. In December, I ended up canceling a Wyndham reservation, and deposited 89000 pts to RCI. They showed up in my account for a few days, and then my RCI balance went back to 0. Today I can deposit my 2018 pts to cover the rest of the exchange, so I am doing that.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Wow! That is useful information to know.