• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How Do You Un-Convert a Fixed Week?

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronado Beach Resort, Fox Run, Coral Reef Beach Resort, Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines, Marriott Barony Beach, Sand Pebbles Resort, Westin Lagunamar
How do you un-convert a fixed week? My mother converted her red season fixed week to points (I am also on the deed) and wanted to know if it was possible to un-convert it?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you un-convert a fixed week? My mother converted her red season fixed week to points (I am also on the deed) and wanted to know if it was possible to un-convert it?
Thanks

contact Wyndham and let them know what you want to do. It may take a while to find the right person or department.

Or just stop paying your fees. Remember with converted weeks you pay your maintenance fees in advance but you pay the program fee as you go (month to month) so if you default the first thing that will happen is that you will be tossed out of the Fairshare trust and your converted week will "Unconvert" The next think that should happen is that you will get a bill for the following years mf.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why do you want it withdrawn? You still have ARP rights to the underlying week for years in which that's what you want to do, but also have the flexibility of points in other years. If you are always (or almost always) going to just use it, then yes withdrawal makes sense. But, if you would otherwise exchange it even half the time, staying in points might be a better deal.

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronado Beach Resort, Fox Run, Coral Reef Beach Resort, Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines, Marriott Barony Beach, Sand Pebbles Resort, Westin Lagunamar
We do use it for the fixed week 90% of the time. In the past 3 years when I called during the ARP window, they say the resort is booked and they have to work on it. After a week or two, they do get my reservation, but for 2017 they tried to get me to take another week instead (I insisted on my fixed week date). That being said, I wondered if we could un-convert the fixed week to avoid the additional fees. Since it is nice knowing that we could use the points if we wanted...I do think I will keep it as is. Thanks for the info!