• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton said I have "excessive fees" and they care for me :)

cpepdan

Reaction score
I love this game.

They've been calling and finally left a voicemail then followed up with this email. So I returned it with the 2nd picture. Because she's not "selling" anything I'm sure. She really cares for me. Hahahahahahahaha.

upload_2017-1-12_19-32-35.png

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love this game.

They've been calling and finally left a voicemail then followed up with this email. So I returned it with the 2nd picture. Because she's not "selling" anything I'm sure. She really cares for me. Hahahahahahahaha.

View attachment 3144
nice...:clap:...any response yet...

arnief

Reaction score
My sales person said she has 34,000 points... ok so isn't that about $7,000 a year in MF's? Isn't that excessive fees?

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
My sales person said she has 34,000 points... ok so isn't that about $7,000 a year in MF's? Isn't that excessive fees?

I have 34,600 points with about $6000 a year in fees. While I know it could be lower I don't want to spend big dollars to lower it.

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 21,400 points and around $2600 + $150 in MF + Club dues. I have been to one presentation in Vegas , they looked at my account and let me go. They did ask if I want to be elite to save on transaction costs and other perks.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
In my opinion "excessive fees" is all relative. If you enjoy your Timeshares, and feel you get value from the ownership... then I don't think 6K or even 10K is excessivie as long as you can afford it. On the other hand if you don't travel like thought you would, or don't enjoy the resorts any longer.. even $600 per year might be excessive..

I almost always use all my points, plus spend a time in hotels in other locations that adds up to a few weeks.. I know some of my relatives think we travel excessivly.. but it makes us happy so we do it.

Tireman

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc
I have 46,200 points and MF are slightly less than 6,000. But agree do not want to spend $$$ to get possible lower fees.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
In my opinion "excessive fees" is all relative. If you enjoy your Timeshares, and feel you get value from the ownership... then I don't think 6K or even 10K is excessivie as long as you can afford it. On the other hand if you don't travel like thought you would, or don't enjoy the resorts any longer.. even $600 per year might be excessive..

I almost always use all my points, plus spend a time in hotels in other locations that adds up to a few weeks.. I know some of my relatives think we travel excessivly.. but it makes us happy so we do it.

I totally agree with your post. We vacation about 130 days a year with our Hilton timeshares, another RCI non-Hilton timeshare, and Hilton Honors Points from credit card usage so we truly do enjoy and use our timeshares. By the way are you sure your relatives are not our daughter and son-in-law?

cpepdan

Reaction score
Response. Pretty much what I expected.

Attachments

• IMG_5694.jpg
    IMG_5694.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 128

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Response. Pretty much what I expected.
Interesting, it ended up as potentially leaving things as-is. Up to you if you want more debt...

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I totally agree with your post. We vacation about 130 days a year with our Hilton timeshares, another RCI non-Hilton timeshare, and Hilton Honors Points from credit card usage so we truly do enjoy and use our timeshares. By the way are you sure your relatives are not our daughter and son-in-law?

Thats great you can vacation that much, I am guessing your retired or have a very flexible job.. We typically travel 4 to 5 weeks per year, I work in tech and get "unlimited vacation" or least thats what they claim...

Its my brother in law that is always commenting about our vacations.. He seems to drive or vacation local, while we prefer more distant destinations.. It all a matter of perspective and what you prioritize in life.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thats great you can vacation that much, I am guessing your retired or have a very flexible job.. We typically travel 4 to 5 weeks per year, I work in tech and get "unlimited vacation" or least thats what they claim...

Its my brother in law that is always commenting about our vacations.. He seems to drive or vacation local, while we prefer more distant destinations.. It all a matter of perspective and what you prioritize in life.

Yes, we are retired and have planned to vacation in warm climates during the winter and are taking advantage of being able to do that when retired. Being able to vacation for months at a time in South Florida or Hawaii and flying on whatever days we want are some of the advantages of being retired. Owning Hilton timeshares makes it possible to do that.

When we were younger and had dependent children we didn't have timeshares and we also took short vacations like your brother-in-law where we could drive since money and time was scarce. Our daughter and son-in-law are in the same position at this stage of their lives. However, we do take them on a timeshare vacation each year most times driving in the summer when the grandchildren are off from school. This year on their spring break they will be joining us in Honolulu at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for a special vacation.