*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

High Country family ski destination

Discussion in 'Non-traditional Interval Ownership' started by tripTX, Oct 2, 2007.

1. tripTX

tripTX Guest

We've been HCC members since this summer and are starting to plan a big family ski vacation. (This would be for next ski season, not this coming one) We would need one of the 4 BR locations to accommodate everyone. I'd appreciate any input other members have about previous experiences at these locations.

We've already got a summer trip planned for the Breckenridge Lodge, so we'd prefer to try one of the other units closer to a ski village. We also aren't used to driving in the snow, so it would be great if we could walk most places.

If I'm right, that probably leaves the Keystone units, Winter Park, and Steamboat Springs. Can anyone offer suggestions, advantages, disadvantages of these? Any info is appreciated!

2. Tedpilot

Tedpilot Guest

Talk to Chris at HCC about how many people Beaver Creek Village Hall will actually sleep. Last I counted was 6 as there was not a hidden sofa in the basement gameroom. If you could fit everyone in there it would certaily be the best place to stay if you don't like to drive. Other than that, if pure size is a determining factor Breck Lodge is the way to go or Winter Park. Keep in mind that some units such as Keystone East are on shuttle routes and they actually pick up in front of the unit so you walk less than close in units in the end. Again, Chris can spell out which ones are best for your needs.

3. Kagehitokiri

Kagehitokiri Guest

ski-in/ski-out townhomes
    - keystone 4BR
    - telluride 3BR
    - beaver creek 3BR

4. tripTX

tripTX Guest

Thanks for the suggestions. We actually visited Beaver Creek Village Hall as our first destination. That is a beautiful condo and in a perfect location! I could go back there many times. Wish it would hold the whole family, but I think we're going to need more sleeping quarters.

I'll take your advice and talk to Chris as HCC. When we were at Beaver Creek, we drove to see both Breckenridge locations, both Keystone locations, and Copper Mountain. The Keystone RedHawk townhome was an easy walk to the River Run village and had some pretty views of the slopes. (This is a first-time ski vacation for most family members, so we wanted everyone to experience the village feel)

Winter Park says it is directly across the street from the village, but we didn't get to see that location. I didn't know how its setting compared to Keystone. Based on the HCC locations we've seen, I'm sure they chose a nice location with some ambience. Just want to make a good choice to give the family a great impression of HCC!

Thanks again for the info.

5. tripTX

tripTX Guest

Still would love to hear if anyone has stayed at (or seen the location of) the Winter Park townhome.

6. texdoc

texdoc Guest

I've been interested in the Winter Park location myself. Any of you Colorado locals or ski bums stayed in the Winter Park location and can give me and TripTX any more info on it? Would be greatly appreciated.