• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC NYC compare and contrast

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We can book home reservation at Hilton Residence club (45th and 46 floors) one year in advance or 9 month for club reservation. The 57 street and HCNY can only book at only at their own 57th street and use their own owners' lounge. They will not be able to book midtown Hilton residence club until 45 days in advance and not able to use owners' lounge in residence club.

Because these are all the same location (within 3 blocks) we would never have a need to boon HCNY or HRCNY since we own at W. 57th, so the 45 day limit would not be relevant. I think owning at any of them reduces the chances that one would book at the other (could happen, but much less likely). We never book for a week, so the Home reservation would never have value. But the 9 month advance on a New York property is key. I've not seen HRCNY, but HCNY (especially with the new elevators that have been mentioned) is a nice property. We just found W. 57th to be (slightly) better located, smaller, quieter and with a superior lounge. But all are great properties.

Cheers.

KathyA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was there the last weekend. The elevator for HCNY is floor 34--44. No problem at all. Actually better than the elevator for the hotels.
We have owned at HCNY for more than 10 years. The elevators to the club have always been 34-44. Your wait time may vary depending on the time and day.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
The NYRHC is not able to use 57th street owners' lounge since 57 street is its own club. Neither 57 th street can use NYRHC. NYRHC will be able to use DC's residence Hilton Club owners' lounge so does DC RHC will be able to use NYRHC owners lounge.

I must have misread your initial post, the above is how I understood the lounge access "rules" were. I guess the owners at 57st can relax now.. .

hyperjewl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten
If you are not a NYC owner you are not allowed to use the lounges at either HCNY or at W. 57th.
When we heard the presentation last week, we bought (and rescinded) TD Suites - the Washington DC Hilton Club property. We were under the impression that we would've been able to use the Hilton Club Residences Lounge and the 57th Street owners lounge. Are you saying that's in correct and that if you own Hilton Club, but not the specific location, we wouldn't have been able to use the different lounges? This is so confusing to me, isn't that supposed to be one of the major perks of Hilton Club ownership?

Also, we were told there would be 2 bedroom offerings - sleeping 6 at the Hilton Club Residences location. Can anyone confirm this to be true or not?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were under the impression that we would've been able to use the Hilton Club Residences Lounge and the 57th Street owners lounge. Are you saying that's in correct and that if you own Hilton Club, but not the specific location, we wouldn't have been able to use the different lounges? This is so confusing to me, isn't that supposed to be one of the major perks of Hilton Club ownership?

To be very clear- whatever the rules about cross-lounge use within Hilton Club (at a location you don't own) may be, this has nothing to do with W. 57th, which is not part of Hilton Club but it's own one-off location. So, even if Hilton Club folks can use lounges at non-home Hilton Club locations, they still cannot at W. 57th.

Cheers.

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we heard the presentation last week, we bought (and rescinded) TD Suites - the Washington DC Hilton Club property. We were under the impression that we would've been able to use the Hilton Club Residences Lounge and the 57th Street owners lounge. Are you saying that's in correct and that if you own Hilton Club, but not the specific location, we wouldn't have been able to use the different lounges? This is so confusing to me, isn't that supposed to be one of the major perks of Hilton Club ownership?

Also, we were told there would be 2 bedroom offerings - sleeping 6 at the Hilton Club Residences location. Can anyone confirm this to be true or not?

DC Hilton Residence Club can use the lounge in NYC Residence Club lounge. You will not be able to use NYC Hilton Club or 57St HC lounge. They said the lounge food is going to be prepared by famous David something. I do not know who is David... But when I was in the presentation, the same person prepared pastries, and lunch bites were delicious.

There is 2 bedroom in NY Hilton Club (I was told that only NY HC can use their HC points to book it. It is not open to HGVC members as 57th street does within 45 days) I think there are 2 bedroom in 57th street too and it is impossible to book it by non 57th street members. There were only 2 or 4 units. They are planning phase II NY Residence HC and may have 2 bedroom. We do not know when or where for the phase II. As NY Residence HC owner, we can use DC residence Hilton Club lounge or any future residence club. They do plan for residence club in other cities (Chicago, San Francisco. etc..) The perk is for members of Residence Hilton Club only. It is not applicable to 57th street or mid town Hilton Club. There is a difference of Residence HC and HC or may be we should call it Hilton Residence Club. The Residence Club is new trend of HGVC. It has the benefit of Hilton Club 50:1 and more flexible in points using by the Residence members (able to use HGVC points to book 12 months in advance by the residence members for the home week, and 9 month for club reservation into residence club, 60 days into other Hilton club excluding NYHC.)

Last edited:

hyperjewl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten
DC Hilton Residence Club can use the lounge in NYC Residence Club lounge. You will not be able to use NYC Hilton Club or 57St HC lounge. They said the lounge food is going to be prepared by famous David something. I do not know who is David... But when I was in the presentation, the same person prepared pastries, and lunch bites were delicious.

There is 2 bedroom in NY Hilton Club (I was told that only NY HC can use their HC points to book it. It is not open to HGVC members as 57th street does within 45 days) I think there are 2 bedroom in 57th street too and it is impossible to book it by non 57th street members. There were only 2 or 4 units. They are planning phase II NY Residence HC and may have 2 bedroom. We do not know when or where for the phase II. We, as NY Residence HC owner, we can use DC residence Hilton Club lounge or any future residence club. They do plan for residence club in other cities (Chicago, San Francisco. etc..) The perk is for members of Residence Hilton Club only. It is not applicable to 57th street or mid town Hilton Club. There is a difference of Residence HC and HC or may be we should call it Hilton Residence Club. The Residence Club is new trend of HGVC. It has the benefit of Hilton Club 50:1 and more flexible in points using by the Residence members (able to use HGVC points to book 12 months in advance by the residence members for the home week, and 9 month for club reservation into residence club, 60 days into other Hilton club excluding NYHC.)
Gotcha! Thank you for the explaination. At the moment, the D.C. Property is still in transition - from just an embassy suites to upgrading some upper floors for TD Suites. As of right now, everyone who stays there has free breakfast & happy hour snacks, etc., because apparently that's what embassy suites do. They don't have a separate owners lounge yet, but I suppose they'll be working on that in the future. This information was attained by calling the embassy suites in DC directly, or The District, by Hilton Club (TD Suites).

janckenn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Grand Waikikian x1
HGVC West 57th Street x2,
HGVC Flamingo x2,
HC The District x1
HGVC member since 2007
The owner's lounge is now open in The District.

hyperjewl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten
The owner's lounge is now open in The District.
Are there different perks to the owners lounge that regular guests don't also have, through the embassy suites? I believe the hotel still offers free breakfast & oirderve hour.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
AI believe the hotel still offers free breakfast & oirderve hour.

I believe all Embassy Suites hotels offer the hot breakfast and hors d'oeuvres hours although, while the former is pretty consistent, IMO, the latter is very variable.

Cheers.