• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC NYC compare and contrast

Reaction score
There are three HGVC in NYC

The Hilton Club - shows no available reservations via points online

West 57 street - has decent availability over the next 45 days

The Residence Club - Can't view availability online

What are the main differences with booking NYC on points from a non-NYC owner?

Is one of the three more preferred to book?

The 45 day window is pretty tight, but flights to NYC are common and I would like to use HGVC points sometime in the fall.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
W. 57th is, hands down, a superior property. We used to own at HCNY- which is basically the same property as HCNY. W. 57th has a nicer lounge, is much less crowded and is, overall, nicer. This is independent of the "booking as a non-owner" question, but an assessment as an owner (at different times) of both.

Cheers.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
W57th street is currently the only one available to HGVC owners via the HGVC Reservation system

The Hilton Club - not available to HGVC owners via HGVC reservation system (only available via RCI exchanges)
https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com/en/resort/new-york/the-hilton-club-new-york/

West 57 street - only available to HGVC owners via HGVC reservation system 44 days prior to checkout (1 night minimum). $85 housekeeping charge for 3 nights or less. Lounge is only available to W57th owners.
https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com/en/resort/new-york/west-57th-street-by-hilton-club/

The Residence Club - Scheduled to open in early 2018
https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com/en/resort/new-york/the-residences-by-hilton-club/

Reaction score
thanks...looks like W 57 is the one

Also, they allow 1 or 2 night bookings on points

Does anyone know when the Residence club opens

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

KathyA

TUG Member
Reaction score
W. 57th is, hands down, a superior property. We used to own at HCNY- which is basically the same property as HCNY. W. 57th has a nicer lounge, is much less crowded and is, overall, nicer. This is independent of the "booking as a non-owner" question, but an assessment as an owner (at different times) of both.

Cheers.
If you are not a NYC owner you are not allowed to use the lounges at either HCNY or at W. 57th.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are not a NYC owner you are not allowed to use the lounges at either HCNY or at W. 57th.

Good point. Owners (or those staying on an owner's points) can use the lounge. Others cannot. Since we've only stayed at both as owners, I'd forgotten that.

Cheers.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those interested in compiling a list of resale prices for the last 6 months. Only those sales which hgvc did not exercise rofr will be included.

That will give us an idea of what to offer when compared to the rofr thread.

Now we just need some more rofr data from NYC :cool:

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town

Cheers.
Having stayed at W. 57th 3 times I ended up buying at HCNY. I felt the rooms were nicer (some) but I know that is subjective. Also it seemed like HCNY would be easier to book on relatively short notice. The lounge at 57th is hands down nicer, that I will miss. I also wanted a more hotel like feel for NYC and HCNY has that obviously. I have yet to even stay at HCNY but when last there they were rebuilding the entire lobby area and hopefully that will also be a big improvement. Just my $0.02....

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Having stayed at W. 57th 3 times I ended up buying at HCNY. I felt the rooms were nicer (some) but I know that is subjective. Also it seemed like HCNY would be easier to book on relatively short notice. The lounge at 57th is hands down nicer, that I will miss. I also wanted a more hotel like feel for NYC and HCNY has that obviously. I have yet to even stay at HCNY but when last there they were rebuilding the entire lobby area and hopefully that will also be a big improvement. Just my $0.02....

One of the things that we didn't like about HCNY is that it is a small part of a HUGE hotel. Elevators can take a very long time during a pretty large part of the day. We found the rooms nicer at W. 57th, but I know that they've redone HCNY, so this is based on the older rooms, But, as you say, YMMV :)

Cheers.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
One of the things that we didn't like about HCNY is that it is a small part of a HUGE hotel. Elevators can take a very long time during a pretty large part of the day. We found the rooms nicer at W. 57th, but I know that they've redone HCNY, so this is based on the older rooms, But, as you say, YMMV :)

Cheers.

I was told that in response to the elevator complaints there is now a dedicated HCNY elevator. Again, I have yet to actually stay there so can't confirm.

I was lucky enough to book one of the one BR units at 57th St. with the balcony and I must admit that was an incredible unit. When I looked none were available through HGVC or retail. The penthouse units were also sold out but that is out of my price range for sure.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I was told that in response to the elevator complaints there is now a dedicated HCNY elevator. Again, I have yet to actually stay there so can't confirm.

FWIW We stayed at HCNY (we own W 57th) in August 2016 and there was no dedicated elevator (although we didn't experience major problems with waits).

But...that's nearly a year ago so things could have changed.

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at HGVC W. 57th, Hilton Vacation Club, and Manhattan Club. Our favorite is HCNY and least favorite was the Manhattan Club. We prefer the HCNY location though the 3 of them are not very far apart. All of our stays were exchanges through SFX.

hyperjewl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten
FWIW We stayed at HCNY (we own W 57th) in August 2016 and there was no dedicated elevator (although we didn't experience major problems with waits).

We just came back from a promotional weekend at HCNY and there was a set of elevators that went to the upper floors. We stayed on the 36th FL, check in was on the 37th FL, and the presentation was on the 44th or 45th FL. I don't think we ever even waited a minute for the elevator.

We liked it, but just have no interest in paying those prices or adding the annual maintenance fees to what we already have. I would love to know, however, what experience Tug users would say reasonable prices for HCNY or 57th St. would be. Also, when you buy resale, does that affect your Hilton Honors status (Gold, Diamond, etc) and does it remain true that when converting Hilton Club points to HH points you have a 50:1 points ratio?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We liked it, but just have no interest in paying those prices or adding the annual maintenance fees to what we already have. I would love to know, however, what experience Tug users would say reasonable prices for HCNY or 57th St. would be. Also, when you buy resale, does that affect your Hilton Honors status (Gold, Diamond, etc) and does it remain true that when converting Hilton Club points to HH points you have a 50:1 points ratio?

We bought our W 57th resale a while back, and prices were in the $25K+ range for a 5200 point contract. Not sure where they are now, but likely in the same range.

Resale has no bearing on HHonors status. Direct purchase can confer Gold, but resale will not. Whatever you otherwise have you will still have. I'm pretty sure that these contracts maintain the 50:1 ratio, but I'm not sure as we've never done it since it's a sucker bet.

Cheers.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
We bought our W 57th resale a while back, and prices were in the $25K+ range for a 5200 point contract. Not sure where they are now, but likely in the same range.

Resale has no bearing on HHonors status. Direct purchase can confer Gold, but resale will not. Whatever you otherwise have you will still have. I'm pretty sure that these contracts maintain the 50:1 ratio, but I'm not sure as we've never done it since it's a sucker bet.

Cheers.

Bought from developer (first and only time, I do own other properties but bought those all retail) at HCNY and was paid approximately $40K for 5250 points. There were several reasons why we did buy from the developer.
First off after searching the market there were very few properties available for sale in the retail market at either 57/HCNY. Pricing at HCNY retail was approx. $24K retail for similar deal so still pretty pricey. They (Hilton Club) then through 25K "Bogus Points" at us to use for the first two years which we are currently using. They claimed they were worth $20K but I would say more like $12K (if that) but still nice.
Secondly we did get the Hilton LT Gold deal for both my wife and I. Since we travel extensively for work this was and has been helpful.
We settle on HCNY over 57 St. as we were told and indeed it seems to be true that it is easier to book close in at HCNY, we were attracted by that. My brother is an owner at 57st so we can and do still go there (now using the "Bogus Points") but no doubt 57St is very nice (some rooms are super nice).

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Secondly we did get the Hilton LT Gold deal for both my wife and I. Since we travel extensively for work this was and has been helpful.
We settle on HCNY over 57 St. as we were told and indeed it seems to be true that it is easier to book close in at HCNY, we were attracted by that. My brother is an owner at 57st so we can and do still go there (now using the "Bogus Points") but no doubt 57St is very nice (some rooms are super nice).

We have never had a problem getting a regular studio at W 57th, even somewhat close in. The Premium Studios book faster, but we tend to book reasonably far out, so that is not a problem.

I get HHonors Gold through several of my credit cards, and we get Diamond through credit card spend, so losing out on that was not an issue.

Definitely pluses to both. We just found the whole New York Hilton scene co crowded compared to the more tranquil W. 57th, so that, and the superior lounge, are what did it for us. And we found the savings from resale well worth it since the direct had no real benefit for us.

Cheers.

hyperjewl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten
We have never had a problem getting a regular studio at W 57th, even somewhat close in. The Premium Studios book faster, but we tend to book reasonably far out, so that is not a problem.

I get HHonors Gold through several of my credit cards, and we get Diamond through credit card spend, so losing out on that was not an issue.

Definitely pluses to both. We just found the whole New York Hilton scene co crowded compared to the more tranquil W. 57th, so that, and the superior lounge, are what did it for us. And we found the savings from resale well worth it since the direct had no real benefit for us.

Cheers.
How many point did you get at what price?

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town

Cheers.

Just to be clear, I am not suggesting anybody buy in NYC from the developer but for us it worked at the time. As you can see even retail sales at the NYC properties are high and not abundant. Basically since I now own in HCNY if and when I want more points I will buy the cheapest points I can get at any location, obviously NOT from the developer. From what you stated it looks like IF I wanted to I could dump HCNY for about $27K today, not planning on it but interesting data.

JackieC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at HCNY. It has 2 bedroom units which work well for me since I bring friends with me. 57th does not have 2 bedroom units.

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just bought Midtown Hilton Club residence club yesterday. The same reason that not much resales on line. We bought 16,800, pent house one bedroom room platinum season, with MF of $2707, that is cheaper MF than HCNY or 57 street. There is no two bedroom unit. They offer pre-construction price since it will open in 2018. Another benefit is that the points can be used in any Hilton residence club that they will develop in the future. Since we are elite premier and former Hilton Club owner, we got additional discounts of 7%. The HHoner points ratio is 1:50. We got 28,000 bonus points. We can book into any residence club developed by Hilton now and in the future 60 days in advance and using the owners' lounge of any residence owners lounge that serves breakfast and happy hours. We can book home reservation at Hilton Residence club (45th and 46 floors) one year in advance or 9 month for club reservation. The 57 street and HCNY can only book at only at their own 57th street and use their own owners' lounge. They will not be able to book midtown Hilton residence club until 45 days in advance and not able to use owners' lounge in residence club. we got 28,000 bonus point, and they suggest us to convert the 16800 to HHoner (16800 x 50= 840,000) points and use the bonus points for Hilton club. We may do it, since the HHoner points never expire and we have plenty of points for using at home resorts. The HCNY residence club will be opened by 1/1/2018. We were elite premier before buying this. The purchase did not change our elite status.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Sounds like it will be nice, wish it was available to see when I bought at HCNY. On a per point bases the MF is very reasonable, I am paying much more at HCNY. Exactly where is HRCNY located? Interesting that they gave you owners lounge use at 57 St. in the past that was strictly owners of 57 St. and only owners. They kind of coveted it as it is a great lounge area. I wonder if that will raise any feathers of the current 57 St owners??? LOL... Oh well, things change I guess.

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it will be nice, wish it was available to see when I bought at HCNY. On a per point bases the MF is very reasonable, I am paying much more at HCNY. Exactly where is HRCNY located? Interesting that they gave you owners lounge use at 57 St. in the past that was strictly owners of 57 St. and only owners. They kind of coveted it as it is a great lounge area. I wonder if that will raise any feathers of the current 57 St owners??? LOL... Oh well, things change I guess.

The NY Residence Hilton Club is the same location of HCNY. HCNY is 37 and 38th floors (1335 Avenue of Americas, NY, NY. The Residence club is 45 and 46th floor. The Residence club owners' lounge is at 45th floor that over look central parks. 46th floor is penthouse units. It is still under construction and schedule to open in 2018. They better since we will start to pay MF 1/1/2018. No MF for 2017.
The NYRHC is not able to use 57th street owners' lounge since 57 street is its own club. Neither 57 th street can use NYRHC. NYRHC will be able to use DC's residence Hilton Club owners' lounge so does DC RHC will be able to use NYRHC owners lounge. They are planning to get more residence club in Chicago, San Francisco.... big cities of the world. The NYRHC will be able to use any of the future developed residence club owners' lounge and reservation 60 days ahead for any RHC. (All HGVC member can only reserve RHC 45 days ahead as to the 57th street). The RHC owners' lounge is for RHC owners only same as 57th street owners lounge only for 57th street owners. If you belong to one RHC, you can access to all residence club owners' lounges. (57th street is not residence club, neither HCNY. They can only use the owners lounge in their own club.) Another thing is Residence club do not pay another separate HGVC club due like HCNY does. There is going to be 29 units per floor (45 and 46 floor of midtown Hilton.) and it sells out pretty fast. The platinum studio premier unit already sold out (7200 points with MF $1758). There is only studio premier (7200/5100), studio premier plus (10,500/7500), studio penthouse (14,400/10,500). One bedroom premier (12,600/8700) and 1 bedroom penthouse (16,800/11,600). (platinum season points/gold season points). Another interesting thing is that I was told the system will know if you are member of RHC. But the system will not be able to tell apart your HGVC points from RHC points. So if you buy a small piece of RHC, you can use your HGVC points to reserve RHC. but only the maximum HC points can be convert to HHoner points 50:1.

Last edited:

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score

I was there the last weekend. The elevator for HCNY is floor 34--44. No problem at all. Actually better than the elevator for the hotels.