• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Marbrisa with Grand Pacific Resorts (GPX) Deed

just_jenny01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

I'm a Marbrisa resale owner, with a deed that's Grand Pacific Resorts. It seems to operate just like any other HGVC resale, with all the same benefits.

I'm interested in any GPX benefits I may be missing out on since technically it's a GPX ownership? Are there opportunities to tap into the GPX version of "open season" etc?

Thanks!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
So do you receive HGVC points and get an account? If you did it has been converted to HGVC. If you didn't its one of the legacy GPX deeds. You can access the GPX site to trade it internally, and rent bonus weeks for cash. There is also Resort Time where you can book bonus time. You can also add an RCI account and deposit there.

https://gpxvacations.com/

http://resortime.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jnsrusty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa
I am a new HGVC Marbrisa owner myself. I have found that the Grand Pacific Resorts side of our ownership has 2 additional perks. One of these is what they call, "insider weeks" which are extra or left over weeks that you can purchase for as low as $99 for the entire week. Availability is somewhat limited, but depending on where you live, you may be able to scoop up a great deal! GPX also has ResorTime.com. As a GPX member, you have access to making nightly reservations for timeshares with cash, much like open season. Unlike open season, however, you can make a reservation months out and get the same discounted rate. For example, I have an OGS with RCI for a 1 bedroom unit in Utah during prime ski season. Just in case I'm not able to book with points, I went ahead and made a fully refundable reservation for 3 nights in a 1 bedroom unit on ResorTime for $500. I'd much rather use my points, but if I have to pay to stay in a ski resort this year, $500 during prime ski season, in a timeshare is not too bad. In addition, GPX frequently emails me codes for an additional 15% - 20% off my ResorTime reservations. Hope that gives you a feel for what's available.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a Marbrisa resale owner, with a deed that's Grand Pacific Resorts. It seems to operate just like any other HGVC resale, with all the same benefits.
If it operates like all other HGVC, you automatically get HGVC points dumped into your account and you have to use those to book your home week if you ever want to book a home week.
I'm interested in any GPX benefits I may be missing out on since technically it's a GPX ownership? Are there opportunities to tap into the GPX version of "open season" etc?
You just need to make an account on the GPX website. Should you choose to trade there, you would need to book your home week reservation through HGVC and then deposit the week into GPX. You can pay cash for the extra rental weeks whenever you want.

HGVC Marbrisa's open season operates just like all other HGVC open season. You need to pay cash for a minimum 2 night stay within the next 30 days. There is no open season in GPX. All other GPR owners get bonus time at their home resort, which they book through their resort or owner services. GPX doesn't book bonus time stays.