• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Marbrisa -- some questions and some pricing

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just came back from sales promo at Marbrisa in Carlsbad, CA. First a few questions then I have some pricing.

1. Salesperson says as owner here we can request a week at ANOTHER HGVC location 12 months out just like your home resort. I thought it was 9months out from the date you want to go. Example: Own Marbrisa and want Sanibel in February, he says you can call this February and request it. Is that correct?

2. Club Intrawest is part of HGVC but only two properties at this time. Correct?

3. Salesman says you can request one night -- anytime. I thought it had to be at least minimum 3 nights unless 30 days out then it is 2 night minimum. What is correct?

4. Asked if HGVC can cancel agreement with Marbrisa--he says not for 5 years.

Now pricing -- 2BR is 5000 pts; 1 BR Holiday is 3400pt; 1 BR non-Hol 2400:

Two Bedroom, Park View EY 21,490 EO 14,990
" Fixed Ju/Aug 26,990 21,490

" Ocean View 25,490 17,990

How do these prices compare with going with resale?

Bill4728

Reaction score
2. Club Intrawest is part of HGVC but only two properties at this time. Correct?

No CI isn't a part of HGVC but has a joint useage agreement. SO if 50 CI owners want to use the HGVC resorts then 50 HGVC owners can use the CI resorts. ( of course it isn't quite so simple) So as long as CI owner want to use HGVC there will be CI resorts available for HGVC owners use.

PS CI has the same contract with Disney but there are alot more CI owners who want disney than DVC which want CI so CI use of Disney is often very limited.