• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Hokulani 1 Bedroom Premiere -- Good Deal?

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sanibel Cottages (Affiliate)
Marriott Ko ‘Olina

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko ‘Olina
Lagoon Tower videos

Wow, these are really small elevators! I had to laugh when I saw the GW elevator video when the guy remarked "I'm an elevator enthusiast," in response to puzzled looks.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
This really makes me want a 1 bedroom Premier or 2 bedroom Premier in GW but they are really pricey right now. The least expensive 2 brdrrom Premier I can locate is $26,000. I'm not sure that resale price will hold its value over time.

You don't need to own Grand Waikikian as long as you book as soon as the Club Reservation window opens (9 month mark), you shouldn't have a problem reserving a room. Most of the competition occurs for Lagoon and Kalia towers since they were both built under the old HGVC point structure which requires fewer HGVC points.

http://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/hawaii/grand-waikikian-hgvc/

Code:
Grand Waikikian Point Chart

Platinum: 1-18, 23-35, 42-52

UNIT SIZE            MON-THU   FRI-SUN   7-NIGHT
1 Bedroom              720      1,440    7,200
1 Bedroom Plus         930      1,860    9,300
1 Bedroom Premier      1,260    2,520    12,600
2 Bedroom              1,050    2,100    10,500
2 Bedroom Plus         1,260    2,520    12,600
2 Bedroom Premier      1,440    2,880    14,400
2 Bedroom Penthouse    2,400    4,800    24,000
3 Bedroom Penthouse    2,875    5,750    28,750

GOLD: WEEKS 19 – 22, 36 – 41

UNIT SIZE            MON-THU  FRI-SUN  7-NIGHT
1-Bedroom              510    1,020    5,100
1-Bedroom Plus         630    1,260    6,300
1-Bedroom Premier      870    1,740    8,700
2-Bedroom              750    1,500    7,500
2-Bedroom Plus         870    1,740    8,700
2-Bedroom Premier      1,050  2,100    10,500
2-Bedroom Penthouse    1,750  3,500    17,500
3-Bedroom Penthouse    2,400  4,800    24,000

Emi

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hokulani is on a very busy corner of Waikiki. The lobby is on the second floor from the street accessible by escalator. I believe there is an elevator to that level. The units are on the smaller side and the aisle space around the bed is narrow. You should find out how many ADA accessible units there are. The sidewalks in Waikiki is crowded with pedestrians. Do you enjoy visiting Oahu and is that the reason you are consideribg Hokulani? The Big Island is totally different and more ADA friendly. There are HGV resorts available at a good price.

If you reserve at the first available week, the resorts in Hawaii are usually available. Oahu resorts do sell out earlier than Big Island. Hokulani and Grand Islander are available at the 6 month window, not 9 months as with the other resorts. If you reserve early it is not difficult to get the time you want. Unless you plan to stay at the resort almost every year, IMO it is not necessary to own there. Rather consider the number of points you need and the maintenance fee you will be paying every year.

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko ‘Olina
Hokulani is on a very busy corner of Waikiki. The lobby is on the second floor from the street accessible by escalator. I believe there is an elevator to that level. The units are on the smaller side and the aisle space around the bed is narrow. You should find out how many ADA accessible units there are. The sidewalks in Waikiki is crowded with pedestrians. Do you enjoy visiting Oahu and is that the reason you are consideribg Hokulani? The Big Island is totally different and more ADA friendly. There are HGV resorts available at a good price.

If you reserve at the first available week, the resorts in Hawaii are usually available. Oahu resorts do sell out earlier than Big Island. Hokulani and Grand Islander are available at the 6 month window, not 9 months as with the other resorts. If you reserve early it is not difficult to get the time you want. Unless you plan to stay at the resort almost every year, IMO it is not necessary to own there. Rather consider the number of points you need and the maintenance fee you will be paying every year.

Thank you. We were considering Hokulani because my husband would be able to get out at restaurants, shops, bars, etc., on his own if he wanted to. It gives him a measure of independence and freedom. I would probably prefer the resort atmosphere.

Emi

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is true. Many places to eat within blocks of Hokulani. The people in Hawaii are so friendly and helpful. Your husband will be able to enjoy the aloha on his own.

Sky313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are some additional videos of the Hokulani (recently went myself)

Room:

Entrance and Lobby:

Elevator and Rooftop Sky Lounge:

Accessibility:

Washer and Dryer:

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko ‘Olina
Here are some additional videos of the Hokulani (recently went myself)

Room:

Entrance and Lobby:

Elevator and Rooftop Sky Lounge:

Accessibility:

Washer and Dryer:

These are great! Thank you! How did you like staying there? Do you prefer HHV or Hokulani?

Sky313

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like both locations for various reasons. Decision lies between more proximity to the resort amenities, better pool(s) at HHV vs. proximity to shopping and Waikiki restaurants at Hokulani. Personally, I prefer being closer to the variety of shopping/eating at Hokulani as everything is in walking distance there. I didn't care for an ocean view or premier floor so I didn't set a priority for HHV. Also was able to walk to HHV (10-15 min), and only went once. Saw Friday night fireworks at HHV from Hokulani's rooftop using the view off the "informal" rooftop past the firedoor by the restrooms at the roof sky lounge - There's a walkway there (safe behind retaining wall) where 3 of us watched the fireworks.