TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

HGVC Elara Westgate question

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by shamus56, Aug 12, 2017.

1. shamus56

shamus56 TUG Member

I own an old westgate plannet Hollywood 2 bedroom lock off in the now hgvc elara. A salesman today said that the elara was just purchased by the blackstone group and Hilton and that the old westgate deeds would be transferred to different westgate resorts. I don't see how this is possible with deeded units and maintenance fees already go to HGVC. Does anyone have any ideas on this - I don/t want to have to buy another from Hilton to be able to convert my current unit to points and be able stay in the elara. Any suggestions?

2. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    Not true. They can't make you purchase anything. They would either have to transfer you for free or if allowing Westgate members to convert with purchase they would need to maintain a separate pool of units for owners who refuse to pay for conversion.

3. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SVR Falls, GPR Seapointe, HGVC Lagoon, HGVC King's Land.
    Hilton did not buy it out, they only took a 25% share.

Never trust the half truths that pass a salesmans lips, he's just trying to make a sale.

http://www.hgv.com/hilton-grand-vac...rm-joint-venture-to-purchase-elara/index.html

ORLANDO, Fla. (July 19, 2017) – Hilton Grand Vacations Inc. (NYSE:HGV) (“HGV” or “the Company”) announces the formation of a joint venture with affiliates of Blackstone Real Estate Partners VIII L.P., which purchased Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club. With 1,201 units, Elara is one of the world’s largest timeshare resorts. HGV will assume a 25 percent stake in the joint venture for approximately $40 million, which is expected to be accretive to HGV’s total adjusted EBITDA and EPS.

“Today’s acquisition advances one of our key strategic priorities that is growth through opportunistic business ventures, which allows us to continue to maximize shareholder value,” says Mark Wang, president and CEO, Hilton Grand Vacations. “By taking an ownership stake in Elara, which has more than 500 units of sellable inventory remaining, we are receiving a strong-performing consumer loan portfolio and unfinished penthouse floors.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    Back when HGVC first assumed management of Elara, many thought some deal might be made to help the orphaned Westgate owners. That did not happen, and it won't. Now, it seems Westgate would like to "help you out," by re-selling you something you already own. There's no reason to bite on that cynical approach. Just as you are stuck with them and they are stuck with you.

5. shamus56

shamus56 TUG Member

Thank you all. It's Hilton that are trying to sell me their smallest eoy studio which would then allow me to convert my westgate planet Hollywood over to hgvc points but I don't think I really need to! They want $16,000 to do so for very little advantage as far as I can tell

6. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    Interesting. But their pricing is highway robbery.
    Resale, you could buy a 7000-point annual TS for about 1/2 that amount, and keep or sell your Westgate TS.

They otter be ashamed.