• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hearing 11 weeks on transfer

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
latest I heard is 11 weeks on transfer as the going rule of thumb.

Anyone hear differently?

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I'm at 62 days and counting

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
I have two in play...one was logged on 7/10 and on 9/6 it was rejected for a typo on the deed, so that was just shy of 8 weeks. In August I had been told 10 weeks, two weeks ago I was told 8 weeks (which seemed to be pretty accurate at that time), and on Tuesday this week when I called to check if the deed correction had been received I asked about the timeline for the other transfer (logged on 8/14) and was told they are running 11 weeks now. So the estimates seem to fluctuate.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told 3 weeks. I'm still waiting at 9 weeks.

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
13 weeks & 1 day for me from delivery until I was able to get my new member number but no points loaded as yet (they said it could be a week or 2!) so I'm not sure I'd call the transfer fully completed ;)

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
A month ago mine was transferred in 14 weeks & 2 days, but no points were loaded. I was told it's a multistep process and could take a couple of weeks for points to show up. I called back 5 days laters and got someone who offered to research the prior contract and transfer the points over to me, while I was still on the phone.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
My account is getting set up today, 9 weeks to the USPS delivery of the paperwork. Points are loaded, MF is listed, though the contract itself is not on my ownership screen yet. I just tried ARP for my new CWA and it worked. So honestly, short of not seeing the contract under my ownership page, this is the closest to a perfectly set up account as I have ever been since the new website.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I already have an account so nothing needs to be set up, just the contract added to my existing account. The new deed and all the paperwork was received and signed for at Wyndham on July 21. People on TUG had been saying 11 weeks so that is what I was figuring. A few weeks ago I called titling and they they said it should be on by 9/21 (at the latest). I didn't really take that seriously. But I called yesterday and they said 13 weeks! I am not really in too much of a hurry to get the points as I am not ready to make a reservation with them at this time. But still, I want them to be mine!

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I already have an account so nothing needs to be set up, just the contract added to my existing account. The new deed and all the paperwork was received and signed for at Wyndham on July 21. People on TUG had been saying 11 weeks so that is what I was figuring. A few weeks ago I called titling and they they said it should be on by 9/21 (at the latest). I didn't really take that seriously. But I called yesterday and they said 13 weeks! I am not really in too much of a hurry to get the points as I am not ready to make a reservation with them at this time. But still, I want them to be mine!

My paperwork was received on that same day and the points were loaded yesterday. I don't see the contract under my ownership, but I see the CWA and the MF so I guess it is as good as it is going to get.

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Took me 13 weeks and 4 days from te date Wyndham received transfer paperwork. Got it through 3 weeks ago.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought five in June and only two have made it out of the brokers office (July). Of the remaining three one is a Labelle contract that was sent back for a monument tax and two are N Harbor that have to deal with hand walking proxy (one was turned over to courier a month ago), the other the broker has been unable to reach buyer to get deed for almost a month.

The two turned in were on July 7 and July 17 and are "in process"

It is maddeningly slow.

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
I bought five in June and only two have made it out of the brokers office (July). Of the remaining three one is a Labelle contract that was sent back for a monument tax and two are N Harbor that have to deal with hand walking proxy (one was turned over to courier a month ago), the other the broker has been unable to reach buyer to get deed for almost a month.

It is maddeningly slow.

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach

Wow! That's extremely slow Railman. Do you know if there are any special circumstance at Emerald Beach (panama city beach ) that would add extra time for closing? We are in the process of getting points there and hope to have them by January.

It is maddeningly slow.

djk1357

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have two contracts in process. Both sales took place in June, and all transfer paperwork was received by Wyndham mid sept.
Just spoke with title services and that said as of today (10/9) they are working on contracts received the week of July 10th.
They also mentioned there are classes going on to train more on doing these transfers so hopefully there should be improved processing times.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called last week and told they were working on July 10 week which makes my July 10 officially at 13 weeks today and my July 17 contract at 12 weeks today. I have another that was Sept 26 which I assume will not be done until years end at loss of points.

More frustrating is a couple of National Harbor contracts that have to be walked thru the deed process because Maryland is in the 1960's. These were Purchased Jun and July and haven't even made it to Wyndham.

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
We purchased one over a month ago and the paperwork hasn't even been started yet because the closing company is still waiting on the estoppel letter from Wyndham

Canefan73

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called at the 8 week anniversary of them receiving our paperwork and they said 10 weeks. At 9 weeks I called out of curiosity and they said 11 weeks. Today made 10 weeks, I called and they told me 13 weeks lol. Following their pattern, I'm betting if I call next week they'll tell me 15 weeks.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
For contracts being processed after the new site roll-out, any updates on if Wyndham is dividing points per the agreement or by their own method(s)?

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My paperwork was received by Wyndham on July 21. I haven't been able to keep myself from checking every couple of days to see if my new points have been added. Friday (10/6) was 11 weeks. I logged on just now and there they are...my new points! I am an existing owner so they were just added to my account with no notice from Wyndham. I am so excited! These are 2018 points but they have given me a new RT which I can use in 2017. So I can make my 2018 reservations right away. Yay!

Canefan73

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called at the 8 week anniversary of them receiving our paperwork and they said 10 weeks. At 9 weeks I called out of curiosity and they said 11 weeks. Today made 10 weeks, I called and they told me 13 weeks lol. Following their pattern, I'm betting if I call next week they'll tell me 15 weeks.

So yesterday made 12 weeks since they received paperwork and to satisfy my curiosity I decided to give them a call. They've now raised their estimate to 16 weeks with the time starting now, not when they received the paperwork in August. What a joke.

Last edited:

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Does anyone happen to know if the time frame differs by the type of contract? Such as CWA or Club Wyndham Select or converted fixed weeks for example.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting contracts through?

Shelbyd95

Reaction score
Called last week and told they were working on July 10 week which makes my July 10 officially at 13 weeks today and my July 17 contract at 12 weeks today. I have another that was Sept 26 which I assume will not be done until years end at loss of points.

More frustrating is a couple of National Harbor contracts that have to be walked thru the deed process because Maryland is in the 1960's. These were Purchased Jun and July and haven't even made it to Wyndham.

We were also told last week that they were on July 10th and the week before that they told us July 10th too! Last week they also told us that they were bringing extra people in to start catching up...I call BS on all of this! We are at 5 weeks today.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
So today yesterday made 12 weeks since they recieved paperwork and to satisfy my curiosity I decided to give them a call. They've now raised their estimate to 16 weeks with the time starting now, not when they recieved the paperwork in August. What a joke.

Sounds like they are trying to gain more points to recover from the issues of last year. Everything they have done leads back to more points in Wyndhams hands.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My points were deposited in my existing account two weeks ago after being submitted to Wyndham on June 20.
So about 17 weeks.
One ugly fact with this slowness is that Wyndham is going to collect those 4 or 5 months of MFs no matter what.
In my case the seller had to pay for all that wasted time, plus it leaves me 2 months to use up 2017 use year points that have just been sitting there in limbo.
Wyndham customer service is a joke.