• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Heading to the Westin Princeville for 7 days this week-end

KevSki

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is our first time to visit Kauai. Any advice on restaurants and activities? We're golfing at Makai one day and a Captain Andy's sunset cruise another. We are more a lunch thing than a eating out at dinner. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Get a copy of Kauai Revealed. A casual day can be floating down the old sugar cane irrigation system which includes going through several tunnels that were hand dug. Zip line in Koloa. The Kauai Coffee Planation. A day trip to Waimea Canyon. Drive all the way to the top, hike around, have a picnic lunch, and stop at the View Points on the way down. If you like casual dining the Chevron Station in Princeville serves some of the best Chilipepper Chicken on the Island. The Fish Taco Truck by the Hanalei Pier is very good. The Snack Shack at Sueoka's Market has great Loco Moco. There is the Rum Distillery just outside of Lihue though the Rum is cheaper at Costco. Costco is also the place to buy gas. Our favorite drink is 1/3 Koloa Dark Rum and 2/3 POG juice. You need to have a drink or lunch at Brennecke's at Poipu. For swimming or snorkeling there is Anini Beach, Ke'e Beach, Tunnels Beach, Poipu Beach, Koloa Landing, etc. Hideaways Beach is also good Snorkling. But to get there you climb down a cliff or Kayak from Hanalei. Bring lunch, water, books, etc. There is the Makaauwahi Cave. The Mahaulepu Heritage Trail.

If you are in good shape there is the Kalalau Trail that starts by Ke'e Beach. This is more like climbing not a simple hike. Trek Sticks help. After two miles you get to Hanakapiai Beach, where they recommend you do not swim. Then it is a 2 mile climb/hike to Hanakapiai Falls. It is gorgeous. You ford the river 3 or 4 times. Wear hiking shoes but bring water shoes to swim in the pool. Also carry lots of water and a lunch. This 8 mile round trip took us 8 hours, which included an about 30 minute break at the Beach and about an hour break at the waterfall. You will need sun screen and bug repellent. Or you can use the juice from the Ginger Flower for both. We were both 60 when we did this hike. Though i have to admit Patti spend the next day with ice bags on her knees.

If you haven't guessed we love Kauai and go there every year or two.

Bill4728

Reaction score
We love visiting the Westin in Princeville!

First, go to the St Regis beach, take your car and valet (it free but a $3 -$5 tip is expected) It is great. You sit in beach chairs on the beach and can get food & drinks from the pool bar.

Second, take a walk from the resort toward St Regis every morning, it is a 4 mile round trip but even going 1/2 way is a great walk.

Third, go on the golf course twilight golf cart tour. You drive a golf cart on the course and see some great views you can only see from the course and it is really fun.

Fourth, The town of Hanalai is great. GO THERE!! several good restaurants and only a few minutes from the resort.

Good Luck

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
If you like touring on your own, absolutely download and purchase the Shaka Guide app. There are two tours for Kauai, and they are awesome. The app will take you to all the best spots.

Into water sports? Take the scuba diving introductory thing they offer at the pool, then sign up for an ocean dive.

I cannot rave enough about Captain Andy's. We did that on our anniversary and it was awesome. Take a camera. Take lots of pictures. If they find the spinner dolphins, go out on the bowsprits to watch them.

Catch a sunset at Hanalai Bay.

If you like sushi, seek out and find the Dolphin Fish Market in Hanalai. Have the sushi chef give you an omikase roll. Especially if he's from Arizona. I had a Harry Met Sally moment ... He'll remember me for that.

Eat lunch at Duke's at the Marriott in Poipu ... Get the massive chocolate dome thing for dessert.

Relax. Be mellow. Live the Aloha.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

KevSki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. We did quite a few of the suggestions and had a blast. I'll post a review when we get back.

Also, if there are any Tuggers here at Princeville, we have a few food things left over, like bacon, buns and condiments if anybody can use them. Let me know and I'll give them to you.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks for all the advice. We did quite a few of the suggestions and had a blast. I'll post a review when we get back.

Also, if there are any Tuggers here at Princeville, we have a few food things left over, like bacon, buns and condiments if anybody can use them. Let me know and I'll give them to you.

Hi @KevSki - We are here for another 10 days and would be happy to take whatever you have left over.

We are in B7. Sent you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Great to meet you and your lovely DW. Thanks for the extras - we will put them to good use.

Tuggers Rock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevSki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks David, it was nice to meet you and Robin today. I'm glad you could use the food we can't bring back. Hopefully other Tuggers can do the same. Safe travels.