• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii interval international question

sjcousins11

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a place in Hawaii via II as a Place Request for end of December 2017. I'm curious if anyone has had any luck booking to HI via II on short notice -- Given this is a 5 month in advance place request, not a 12 month

Thanks in advance!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Are you trying exchange for Christmas week or New Years Weeks? Those are the highest demand weeks of the year, so it would be rare to get an exchange for it, and if there were exchanges, they are probably long gone.

The best practice is to put in an ongoing search, which is like wait listing. Ongoing searches are filled FIRST, before any inventory goes online, so if you only look at the online inventory, you only see the leftovers. The best inventory is snagged behind the scenes with ongoing searches.

Also - Hawaii for Christmas/New Years will require a powerful trader - what deposit are you using?

But that time of year is really a long shot.

*I have gotten Hawaii exchanges for holiday weeks from Hawaii Timeshare Exchange: www.htse.net - but again, with an ongoing search. HTSE also has rentals.

Last edited:

sjcousins11

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
Ahh...yeah, I put the request in for the 12/15 up to to 1/6. It sounds like its not very realistic and I might have better lucky planning for next December. Thank you, this helps!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What deposit are you using?

What resorts are you requesting?

sjcousins11

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
I'm using a 2015 deposit from SVV-Bella, and I requested the major brands like Westin and Marriott on all islands. I suspect I should've just selected all locations, but I was a little weary of receiving poor accommodations since I'm not familiar with any of the other TS.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are unlikely to get Marriott, because Marriott owners have first priority to get any Marriott deposits. No harm in requesting it, but unlikely.

If you joing TUG, you can access our rating and reviews (top of the page) and actually look at the ratings for all of the resorts in Hawaii and pick the ones you want.

Or, you can select all resorts in Hawaii for your exchange request, and then when you get an exchange, look up the rating and decide if you want to keep it.

Christmas and New Years are so hard to get, that you should probably select everything, to have any chance at all.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahh...yeah, I put the request in for the 12/15 up to to 1/6.
If you are willing to travel on the check in dates of 12/15, 12/16 or 12/17, you are very likely to get an exchange. That is a low demand week.

You mentioned you're using a 2015 deposit - when does it expire?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
If you are willing to travel on the check in dates of 12/15, 12/16 or 12/17, you are very likely to get an exchange.

That is a good week for exchanges, but it's awfully late in the year to be booking it.

It's possible you still might score something for this year, but I'd expand the search to include other great non-branded timeshares. This is a great forum to pose the question as most people give honest opinions.

Colt Seavers

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a place in Hawaii via II as a Place Request for end of December 2017. I'm curious if anyone has had any luck booking to HI via II on short notice -- Given this is a 5 month in advance place request, not a 12 month

Thanks in advance!

I was able to get a July 4th week at Ko Olina about a month and a half out, which has the same TDI as Christmas/New Year's. Since it was within 60 days I don't think my Marriott preference made a difference although it might have still helped. I've had good results in general finding last minute exchanges, sometimes even booking airfare and a rental car ahead of time and planning a backup place to stay in case I don't get the exchange.

sjcousins11

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
Thanks all! I was able to get Westin Nea for 12/15 but had to cancel it as the other half of our party couldn't do that week after all. We're trying again for next May-Aug.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all! I was able to get Westin Nea for 12/15 but had to cancel it as the other half of our party couldn't do that week after all. We're trying again for next May-Aug.
That's good news. You now know you can get Westin Nanea. You should have no trouble searching for the summer timeframe.