• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have there been any improvements to site???

John_and_Val

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone sees any improvements over the past couple of weeks. Or is that just another line they are feeding us. I mean, I am willing to adapt.....I am willing to change....but I see no evidence of them trying to make this website any better.
Any thing I missed???

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone sees any improvements over the past couple of weeks. Or is that just another line they are feeding us. I mean, I am willing to adapt.....I am willing to change....but I see no evidence of them trying to make this website any better.
Any thing I missed???
I've not seen any changes except for points showing up.

I really wish they would change the way you search for a room...this has to be the most complicated way. Yes, I realize it probably defeats the "bots," at least for right now, but it is so cumbersome to search for a room in December, realize they don't have that type of room available, then search for another type of room beginning in June again....that's really unnecessary...and one of my biggest complaints.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I think they are too busy fixing EVERTHING that is broken. Which is just about everything. Member logons not functional, Points in Wrong bucket, Cancellations not working, Upgrades not working, search not working, login not, points different if you book for a single resort vs a region, inventory not loaded, order of reservations is reverse chronological order, and on and on and on......

Can't focus on anything new when everything there is having problems.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I think they are too busy fixing EVERTHING that is broken. Which is just about everything. Member logons not functional, Points in Wrong bucket, Cancellations not working, Upgrades not working, search not working, login not, points different if you book for a single resort vs a region, inventory not loaded, order of reservations is reverse chronological order, and on and on and on......

Can't focus on anything new when everything there is having problems.

I agree. I think (I hope) their focus is on the backend process. I think (I hope) they know they need to fix the backend before they turn their attention to making the frontend work. I know many of you have pretty much lost faith that Wyndham is capable of fixing this. I am still a little hopeful. So far.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
My account was a mess and it is slowly coming around. I was locked out at launch until Friday night. I ended up with another member number with my name on three contracts with this other person. Then my account was disabled but I could still gain access through my husband's userid. In that time the points button became visible. A couple of days ago my userid started working and the additional member number and contracts were gone. I cannot access ARP in either account so I called in and they assured me that it would be given high priority. Uh huh!

I borrowed 14K from next year's points but I can't see which contract that came from so I do hope that the buckets start to be a bit more transparent.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Every day it is something different with our account. We were one of the accounts that didn't have access until the Friday after it came online.

My husband and son's log ins are fine but mine is a mess. I've had to register three different times so far and my user names and passwords all worked for a few days then quit working. The third time I had to register the address showing for me was our old address from 6 years ago. At least on the first two registrations the address was correct. Today I can't log in again but it lets me reset the password however when I try to log in it gives me the error message again.

Sometimes I can borrow points, sometimes I can't and usually both in the same day. Today I can't nor can the VC and supervisor but for the heck of it I tried to see if it will let me rent points to make a reservation. It will so I now have the reservation I needed, I just had to pay for it although I have in excess of 700,000 points that I should be able to borrow.

Today is day 7 of waiting for IT to figure out why no one can cancel one of my reservations and get my points back. If they got that straightened out I wouldn't need to borrow points. This is the reservation that I got a second confirmation letter for that says I have a 2 bedroom. A VC and a supervisor both checked and I don't.

Periodically it tells me that I have 12,000 points that I know I already used to book something earlier this week.

How do you fix problems that come and go?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mine started fine, went downhill, has leveled off but still has errors that I am waiting in a long queue to correct, and the site still have some day to day anomalies, like book date selections work fine one day, then the next you can only pick one date and it then starts to process your request, (Hey stupid search you need a checkout date). It was so frustrating I gave up for a half a day.

INVENTORY is also an ongoing issues, I think they are still fighting conversion of live inventory data to the new system, Still big blocks of availability is AWOL.

POINTS BUCKETS for Cancellations is still an issue.

CANCELLATIONS is still an issue, sometimes it works online sometimes not even a VC nor I online cancel a reservation. Database folks have to manually do it and restore your points.

LOGIN has been a small, but periodic issue. Sometimes it just doesn't know who I am, but 15 mins later it knows. It has Alzheimer's apparently. Short term memory problems.

So the story continues.....

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I think we should call Voyager Dory because it forgets how to do everything. ....

Dory, I love it. Lmao! Thanks I need this.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to make a reservation over the phone. I explained my account is broken; first it didn't't give me the VIP points discount within 60 days and now it doesn't search at all. I asked for the first 3 nights available at Ocean Walk in any size unit. I was told I needed to provide the check-in date and unit size. I replied, first available in any size unit. She wouldn't take that as an answer. I explained I use to be able to search for the first available at up to 5 locations in any size unit. And since I can't I need you to do it for me. She said she can't do that. I said then start with July 15th for each size of the unit. If nothing is available then search July 16th, and so on and so forth. For reasons unknown to me she hung up. The VCs must be taking a beating. This is how it's going to be going forward unless someone (Brian) or anyone gets the press involved. I want the first available search option back.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I tried to make a reservation over the phone. I explained my account is broken; first it didn't't give me the VIP points discount within 60 days and now it doesn't search at all. I asked for the first 3 nights available at Ocean Walk in any size unit.

The VCs have told me that they have the exact same features for search that we have. Not surprised they "LOST" the connection and you were dropped.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
morrisjim said:
For reasons unknown to me she hung up.

:D:D:D

VC's also used to be able to search first available. They are definitely taking a beating. Part of me feels really bad for them, another part doesn't. Significant functionality in the search process has been lost. Only recourse owners have is to see if the VC staff have other options and "share" the search experiences with them. Whether it runs up the ladder or not....... even if it did, would they care?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The VCs have told me that they have the exact same features for search that we have. Not surprised they "LOST" the connection and you were dropped.

The VCs better get use to searching day by day and unit by unit. If this happens enough maybe they will revolt and their supervisors will send the message up the channel to give us that feature back.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
The VCs better get use to searching day by day and unit by unit. If this happens enough maybe they will revolt and their supervisors will send the message up the channel to give us that feature back.

Somewhere in one of these threads somebody said that we were going to get a better search feature down the road after they figure out why some people still aren't getting into their accounts, inventory snafus. etc. They have other priorities at this time. i guess they figure at least we can search a little bit:confused:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
More realistically, they will just quit leaving Wyndham to hire less experienced people. There aren't many jobs worse than working in a call center that don't involve back-breaking labor.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Somewhere in one of these threads somebody said that we were going to get a better search feature down the road after they figure out why some people still aren't getting into their accounts, inventory snafus. etc. They have other priorities at this time. i guess they figure at least we can search a little bit:confused:

I'm not blaming the VCs, but isn't Wyndham Vacation Resorts' job, Vacations? In order to take a Wyndham vacation we need to be able to find availability. How can they have other priorities when their main mission is vacations? We, the owners, are not being allowed to use the product we purchased and continue pay for monthly in terms of fees. Some have lost points due to use year changes and for various other reasons due to Wyndham's incompetence. Points equate to dollars. I bet Wyndham isn't having a problem finding availability for ExtraHolidays.com. Wyndham's attitude seems to be, let them eat cake.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

VC's also used to be able to search first available. They are definitely taking a beating. Part of me feels really bad for them, another part doesn't. Significant functionality in the search process has been lost. Only recourse owners have is to see if the VC staff have other options and "share" the search experiences with them. Whether it runs up the ladder or not....... even if it did, would they care?

They will care if / when sales are affected .

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why is it that at some resorts, the not so popular ones I can book a reservation within 60 days and receive the VIP points discount, but at the popular resorts, the ones Wyndham likes to scarf-up for ExtraHolidays.com, the VIP points discount don't show up within the 60 day peroid? This tells me Wyndham has a poorly written algorithm setup to cheat the VIP owners. Has any one else experienced this issue?

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade

Why wouldn't you feel bad for them? It's not the VC's fault that they work within a flawed system

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you feel bad for them? It's not the VC's fault that they work within a flawed system
I do actually, on one level, because the fact that the VC's didn't create the problems and are stuck on the front lines with angry owners is a crap place to be right now. VC's should be bonused for the number of times they have to apologise to owners for what corporate has saddled ALL of us with on this rollout.

On another level, I don't, because after dozens and dozens of calls I also experience a level of calousness and canned responses with no ability to fix much of anything and attitudes that infer we "should feel lucky" to get what we are getting vs what even the new rules imply are functions that are part of our ownerships. At this juncture the mystery problems are going into the black hole they call "triage" with only the vague suggestion of "we'll open a ticket and look at it."

So, my original statement stands. Part of me does, part of me doesn't. The part that doesn't is the part that has experienced the massive energy suck to be stuck on perma-hold with minimal or no results as the eventual outcome.

Last edited:

happyhopian

Reaction score
I just noticed that you can now sort you reservations page. instead of farthest out first you now have many options. So yes they are making changes but at this rate it will be awhile.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just noticed that you can now sort you reservations page. instead of farthest out first you now have many options. So yes they are making changes but at this rate it will be awhile.

That sort order switch has been there since the very beginning. So first thing I do is switch order. But a default view order SHOULD BE chronological order.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
That sort order switch has been there since the very beginning. So first thing I do is switch order. But a default view order SHOULD BE chronological order.
Exactly, chronological is not only preferred but one would think the most logical, to the users at least. Apparently that was not on the list when discussing design concepts. From a coding perspective, it's also not a difficult fix to achieve. Result we have however.... more clicks, added time suck.