*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone heard of Superior Vacations Title Company?

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by ada903, Dec 20, 2010.

1. ada903

ada903 TUG Member

Thinking to bid on eBay on an item listed by a seller with zero feedback, who claims the closing will be handled by Superior Vacations. Has anyone heard of this title company?

2. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Zero feedback, yet calling the shots? Nah......

Never heard of 'em....

With a seller with the zero feedback cited (no known track record whatsoever) I would personally insist upon selecting and using an independent closing company of my choice as buyer. Someone with no selling history at all is hardly in a position to be dictating a particular closing company. That's just nuts...

Payment of closing closts (whether by buyer, by seller or other shared mutual agreement) can be negotiable, but unilateral selection of a closing company by a eBay seller with zero feedback has far more potential for legal and financial mishap than I would personally care to take on. YMMV.

3. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

A google search shows nothing for them - I'd be very suspicious. Ask for their physical address, website, and business license.

4. ada903

ada903 TUG Member

I was looking at his eBay listing for a Royal Sands week 47 annual usage - it went for $3,000. I found them under the BBB with A- rating, and gave the guy a call at the number listed on the eBay ad. He was not very educated in the way he talked e.g. he kept saying "Ya know what I'm sayin mam" - he sounded like a rapper. However that doesn't mean they are not legit, or coming through with the sale, but for me it just did not inspire enough trust to bid on the property.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  5. ran-ran

ran-ran Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I just found on eBay that the company selling this timeshare now has a negative rating from the buyer for the sold timeshare in question.

(-) Over 2 weeks since auction end & seller has not returned a single call or email. mwdi ( 431) Jan-05-11 16:29
    Royal Sands Annual Ocean View Cancun Timeshare (#120660920751) US $3,001.01 View Item

6. norm

norm TUG Member

Yeah, that was me. Shortly after the auction ended I received an email asking for payment through PayPal. I replied asking for the Royal Resorts contract number and the name of the current owner so I could verify the details before sending payment. That information would be on the sales contract for the new transfer so I wasn't asking for anything out of the ordinary.

I didn't receive any response to my first message sent through eBay, or a follow up email sent directly to the seller's email address. I did speak to somebody at the "closing company" and left a message for the seller but never received a return call. The other phone number listed in the auction never answered and the voicemail box was full.