• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone been to Beachwoods recently?

glenmore

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
They have gone through their renovation on the inside but wondered if any work had been done on the outside.

The last 2 years the outside of the buildings and the stairs have really needed a power washing--not to mention the area around the outside grills

Am hoping there is some improvement!

dsexton

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Beach Quarters, RiverPointe, Westin Lagunamar, Sea Scape Beach and Golf Villas
Yes, we were there a few weeks ago for an owner update (although we own at Beach Quarters). Of course they tried to sell on the newest timeshare scheme (some type of vacation club). The public areas were gorgeous, so I'm assuming they were completely renovated. Did not see the rooms, as we did not stay there.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did they completely renovated all the buildings/units or just a couple of buildings?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
All units were completed over a year ago.

Thanks. Normally, DRI will only renovate three (3) or four (4) buildings and not the whole complex liked at Mystic Dunes & Golf Club Resort in Orlando, FL.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Normally, DRI will only renovate three (3) or four (4) buildings and not the whole complex liked at Mystic Dunes & Golf Club Resort in Orlando, FL.
DRI normally renovate the whole complex but in phase. DRI renovated 132 units in 2016 at Mystic Dunes. They supposed to renovate another 120 units in 2017 at Mystic Dunes as per the 2016 Annual Meeting of the DRI US Collection. The budget is not unlimited to renovate a big complex in one year. Owners don't want a special assessment or a 100% maintenance fees increase in a year for renovation.
upload_2017-5-16_7-59-38.png

upload_2017-5-16_8-1-5.png

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
DRI normally renovate the whole complex but in phase. DRI renovated 132 units in 2016 at Mystic Dunes. They supposed to renovate another 120 units in 2017 at Mystic Dunes as per the 2016 Annual Meeting of the DRI US Collection. The budget is not unlimited to renovate a big complex in one year. Owners don't want a special assessment or a 100% maintenance fees increase in a year for renovation.
View attachment 3877
View attachment 3878

Thanks for sharing this information. Did you received this information from DRI website?

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this information. Did you received this information from DRI website?
The US Collection annual meeting PDF file is available on DRI website for US Collection members only. I have access to Hawaii Collection version only but a great US Collection member sent the PDF file to me.
The info can be found in the Association Information section (sub section Board/Committee) like this
Screenshot_20170516-131533.png

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To youppi, Thanks you have been a great help. Thanks for sharing. "Knowledge is Power." Bacon

glenmore

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies - I know the public areas are beautiful. I am asking specifically if the OUTSIDE of the actual timeshare buildings ( not the amenities) have been cleaned and/or updated

The stairs and buildings really needed to be power washed. There was a huge "ick" factor just walking up the stairs. And you couldn't use the grill areas at the buildings because the areas had not been mowed and the grills were really dirty

Just hoping after all the inside renovation-that they had done some basic maintenance outside

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies - I know the public areas are beautiful. I am asking specifically if the OUTSIDE of the actual timeshare buildings ( not the amenities) have been cleaned and/or updated

The stairs and buildings really needed to be power washed. There was a huge "ick" factor just walking up the stairs. And you couldn't use the grill areas at the buildings because the areas had not been mowed and the grills were really dirty

Just hoping after all the inside renovation-that they had done some basic maintenance outside
Great questions from the OP. I hope the OUTSIDE of all the timeshare buildings renovated have been pressure wash and clean. Plus, the grounds and gas grill are up today.