• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside-Staroptions in early June

mjs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has had previous experience trying to use their Staroptions(8 months out) to get the second week in June(around the 9th).
I know alot of schools are still in session.
I am considering buying resale at a mandatory resort.
Thanks, Mark

smsavage

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, it was available and I could have booked it for this June, but opted to go to SMV instead. Just wanted the kids to be one year older before that big a trip.

califgal

Reaction score
I actually did get the 9th this year calling 5am 8 mo out. I had planned that IF I got it, it would be my "insurance" for the week that I really wanted which was the 16th. I'd only lose the $30 cancel fee. My kids are still in school the week of the 9th but they have 4 half days and I thought they could easily skip those days since not much school work is accomplished that week.

I called 5am 8 mo out and DID get the week of the 16 and canceled the week f the 9th! . Who knows could happen next year. I'm thinking I just got really lucky!

formerhater

Reaction score
I'm hoping to take some family members there next year as well. Those of you who were able to trade in, what size unit did you get? Thanks.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got 2 one bedroom premiums and 1 one bedroom deluxe for June 15th this year. We used our Kierland unit, called 8 months out, no problem. My Brother in law also called, 8 months out for the same date, using his Broadway Plantation unit.

califgal

Reaction score
I traded the studio side of Maui and got a 1 bdrm premium at Harborside...both times( if you read my prvious post.) Used the left over options for 1 extra night at Maui when we went for spring break , for a studio, at check in they upgraded us to deluxe 1 bdrm ocean/parking lot view then we moved to our unit for the week to 1 bdrm island.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, one other note about Harborside. We did try on several occassions to get a 2 bedroom, but had no luck. Which we didn't understand since we booked a one bedroom deluxe and a one bedroom premium on the same day, at the same time. Add them together its a two bedroom lock-out, but they didn't have any available! When I went to school 1+1=2! Must be the new math...LOL

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Booked a 1 bed for 6/2-6/9 at 8 months using S/Os .I didn't check if 2bed was available.

Loriannf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Early June has availability, but later?

I have been searching since Oct/Nov 06 for a 2 bedroom lockout at Harborside for a week between June 23 and August 12. Called, and am calling, at least once a day since then. Called at 8 a.m. when the office first opened for each checkin day of weeks we wanted. No luck. I hoping to find something in the late July/early August range sometime soon. I've even told them I'd take two one bedrooms, but no luck. Good luck, when I was calling, early June did have availability.

Lori