• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside @ Atlantis 2BR Lockoff - Annual Fixed Summer Week 27

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since DH retired, we’re working on our Bucket List and doing a lot of non-timeshare traveling, so I’m starting to cull my timeshares. I’m finding I don’t have as much time to manage rentals anymore, so would like to offer this Harborside unit to fellow Tuggers.

This one is NOT for the casual timeshare shopper on a lark, thinking it might be fun to own at Atlantis. Harborside is an expensive week to own if you don’t have a plan for using it. I’ve used this week for family reunions (I’m not getting rid of all my Harborside weeks, just downsizing a bit) and as a rental. Week 27 falls over the 4th of July and/or Bahama’s Independence Day (July 10th) celebrations, so it’s always a very busy week at Atlantis. I am giving it away for free, but the new owner will have to pay the transfer fees, which will be between $1,800 and $2,000. The reason it is so expensive is that you have to use an attorney in Nassau for the closing and filing the legal paperwork. You can choose whoever you'd like to do the transfer. If your friends and family go to Atlantis every year and/or you love doing rentals, this might be a great deal for you.

The unit is a 2BR lock off unit in a mandatory Vistana (formerly Starwood) resort. It is a combination of a large 1BR unit that sleeps 5 (with crib or rollaway bed) and a smaller 1BR unit that sleeps 4, for a total of 9 guests who can get Atlantis wristbands for Aquaventure. It is worth 95,700 StarOptions, which the new owner will get since it’s a mandatory resort, but the value is more in using/renting it, or for direct trades with other Tuggers. The week is automatically reserved for Week 27 every year in Bldg 7, with a Saturday check-in, but you must confirm that you’re going to use it every year with Vistana online or by calling in. It is already confirmed for July 7-14, 2018. The details are as follows:

• Harborside @ Atlantis - Phase 1, Building 7
  • 2BR lockoff (large 1BR + small 1BR)
  • FIXED week 27 with ANNUAL usage – the unit is not fixed
  • Bldg 7 is on the marina, closest building to Atlantis Resort, where check-in and the Atlantis bus stop are located
  • Fixed Saturday check-in
  • 2017 MF’s were $2,939.98, 2018 MF's will be billed in January
  • 95,700 StarOptions (Large 1BR = 51,700 + Small 1BR = 44,000)
  • Vistana Signature Experience club fees are an additional $140 if you are not already a VSE member
  • Next reservation is confirmed for July 7-14, 2018

Below is a floorplan of the 2BR lock off from the Vistana website - www.vistana.com/destinations/harborside-resort-at-atlantis/overview

HRA_5634_1B_2BDRM_LOCKOFF_1367SQFT.png

Please send me a PM (or "start a conversation" as it's called now) if interested. Thank you.

Pam

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
This week has found a new owner. Thank you, TUG!

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The sale of this week fell through last year, so I rented it out for 2018. I am again offering it to another Tugger with usage starting in 2019. Please note that the Bahamian government is raising the VAT tax for 2019, so the MF's will probably be over $3K next year. I am guessing that it will be around $3,200+/- which is very expensive, but still less than renting such a high demand week at HRA. It is only a great bargain if you go to Atlantis every summer, or have the knowledge and skill to rent it out.

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 2019 reservation (already confirmed) is for July 6-13.

2018 MF's were $2,940.98.