• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Happy Trails to You? - An End of An Era - Roy Rogers

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
"HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU" AN END OF AN ERA - Roy Rogers
By John Pond/ Syndney Lifestyle Magazine/ Sydneylifestylemagazine.com

Note, this article is from November 21, 2015

"The young guns may not understand the meaning of this, but you should!
The Roy Rogers Museum in Branson, MO has closed its doors forever.
The contents of the museum were sold at a public auction.
Roy Rogers told his son, if the museum ever operates at a loss, close it, and sell the contents. He complied...."

image001.jpg

Note the follow-on article truly the end of an era.
Here is a partial listing of some of the items that were sold at auction.

untitled-attachment-0004071.jpg

Nellybelle sold for $116,500.

untitled-attachment-000469.jpg

Dale's horse, Buttermilk (whose history is very interesting) sold below the presale estimate for $25,000. (EST. 30-40 K).

Bullet sold for $35,000 (EST. 10-15 K). He was their real pet.

It was a great ride through childhood.
HAPPY TRAILS MY FRIENDS

untitled-attachment-0005211.jpg

Richard

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this article. Roy Rogers and his wife Dale Evans was the # 1 cowboy show on Saturday morning in our household and the nation.:thumbup:

I just loved those last two(2) paragraphs in that article.

Happy Trails My Friend until we meet again.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We went to Branson a few years ago, did not see Roy Rogers Mueseum. Where is it? Probably why it had to close, most people like me didn't know it was there?
Silentg

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm just a shade too young to remember Roy Rogers on his Saturday morning TV show. I certainly know who he was, and I knew all the trivia about he and Dale, their horses and dog. I even remember reading the book Dale wrote about their child who had died, "Angel Unaware." I've never been to Branson, but doubt if I would have gone to see their museum. So maybe it was a chapter of their story that had run its course.

The comedian in me only recalls this long-winded story:

Dale bought Roy some fancy new cowboy boots. He loved how they fit, and they became his pride and joy. He left them outside on the porch one night, and a cougar came and dragged them off. Bits of the chewed-up leather boots left a trail into the woods. Roy, not to give up his expensive boots so easily, grabbed his rifle and took out on Trigger to get his boots back.

The next day Roy returns, scuffed and scratched, with the carcass of the deceased cougar tied across his saddle. Dale greets him in the corral, and says...

(wait for it)

"Pardon me Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?"

:whooopie::clap::hi::wave::cheer::banana::wall::crash::bawl:

Dave, (with smirks, and apologies to those who now can't stop hearing the music of "Chattanooga Choo Choo" playing in their ear.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
One of my earliest memories as a kid was my Dad taking me to Crosley Field (home of the Cincinnati Reds) to see the Leonard Sly (aka Roy Rogers) show. I was really impressed with Roy's ability to shoot helium filled balloons with his six shooters as they floated away. My Dad later explained the use of pistol shells loaded with shot, not bullets, which made it easier to hit the balloon:D.

Cheers

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Yep, end of an era. Glad I got to see the Museum when it lived in Victorville, CA -- before moving to Branson in 2003.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks for sharing this story. We visited the museum while it was in Victorville and really enjoyed it.

Mike

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Although the museum has closed Happy Trails is still open in Surprise AZ It is a large RV park and has all the Roy Roger's names for streets.

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Loved the article! Found what I consider to be one small error, though.....I doubt anyone under SIXTY (not 50) can relate!!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ha...I recently told my wife if we had a male child we would name it Roy...she didnt get the reference at all and had never once heard of roy rogers :(

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
ha...I recently told my wife if we had a male child we would name it Roy...she didn't get the reference at all and had never once heard of roy rogers :(
:eek::eek::eek:

Time to park her in front of YouTube to see if you can bring her up to speed. :rolleyes: