• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grande Vista

youcanfly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain the difference between MGR and MGV at the Grande Vista? Looking at a trade and there's availability at both. MGR has a 1/K which is really all we need. Assuming this is not dedicated. Any issues with noise from other unit? any advice or comments appreciated.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There is no difference in the units when exchanging into MGR vs MGV. I believe one is the code for units associated with the Florida Club and the other is not. All types of 3 and 2 br's could be available through either and exchanging into one code or the other won't give you an advantage.

youcanfly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not looking for advantage because I can already see availability for the trade. Just curious if there's any difference in area of resort or recent updates? Also debating a 1 bedroom which I assume isn't a designated unit so wondering if noise is an issue with the other room. After a stay a Lakeshore I was very bothered by noise from L/O unit. I felt like the other family was in my kitchen and felt bad that I am an earlier riser and start breakfast early. Felt like if I could hear them that easily than I knew they could hear me. The 2 bedroom is showing for MGV but we don't need the extra bedroom this trip.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
That's what I mean about advantage. None on one code over the other. Marriott divides up the two inventory codes and gives the appropriate number of units to II but once assigned they are identical in terms of staying at MGV. I don't think there are any dedicated one bedroom units. There are 3 bedroom units lock off's, maybe 3 bedroom dedicated units, 2 bedroom dedicated units, 2 bedroom lock off units, and 2 bedrooms that are part of a 3 bedroom lock off, 1 bedrooms that are part of the 2 bedroom lock offs, and studios that could be a part of a 3 bedroom lock off or part of a 2 bedroom lock off. All types of units are assigned to both II codes (MGR and MGV). MGR and MGV units are not assigned in any specific part of the resort and your likelihood of recieveing a newly refurbished unit will not be influence by which code you exchange into.

Once you exchange into one of those 2 codes you will receive a unit type code on the II exchange. That code may indicate which type of unit at the resort you are getting based on the size unit you exchange into. I am not sure if those are in stone and when you call up or arrive you may ask for a different type for example if want a dedicated 2 br vs a lock off one.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
If you are bothered by people in L/O you would be better in the 2 bedroom. We often take larger unit even when we don't need the extra space. Some one bedrooms are ok, but if you are not sure you will be comfortable choose the larger timeshare. My 2 cents!
Silentg

youcanfly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, thank you for your help. Decided to go with the 2 bedroom unit and see if it's possible to request a dedicated 2B unit.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There are a very few 1BR dedicated units. I thin they are the end units of the high floor of at least the older buildings. They aren't the top floor because there is a floor above them but no unit directly above them. So if you could get lucky and get one of those, it would have the quiet of no lock off door and no one above you. Though they are scarce. Probably less than 10 in the entire resort.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is interesting. I've never seen one for sale only 2 and 3 bedrooms.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That is interesting. I've never seen one for sale only 2 and 3 bedrooms.
They definitely do exist. There is a column on the Grande Vista budget detailing the MF amount for the 1BR units. I think the reason you don't see many for sale is because how rare they are. I think they only exist in the Main Village section.