• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe RM 1-BR suite - sleeper sofa

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Hi everyone. I'll be visiting GL RM for the first time this year. A friend would like to join us in the GL 1-BR suite. I never pay attention on the "sleeper sofa" in the GL living room. Is it a sofa that can be converted to a bed or it is just simply a sofa you can sleep on. But how comfortable is it to sleep on for 7 days?

Thank you.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi Pianoetudes ,
I have toured Grand Luxxe but not stayed there - since we own Mayan Palace .
I believe the sleeper sofas are of a similar style construction at all Vidanta brands.

The sofa has a one piece "slab" foam cushion and separate back cushions . You remove the loose cushions and basically you have a
comfortable single bed . (This is much more comfortable than the fold out "double bed " style found in (non Mexican) suite hotel chains. )
We have had family members use them for a week stay with no issues .

The only problem I can think of is if your friend is much taller than about 6 foot since the arms of the sofa limit the length to about a standard single bed size ( 6.5 feet approx. )
You make the bed each night using flat sheets . It works best if you use 2 for the slab cushion / run at 90 degrees to the length .

<There are also slide out "trundle beds " underneath the sofas . These probably best work for children >

Perhaps an owner or GL exchanger can confirm .

Last edited:

rpennisi

Reaction score
IMG_1398.jpg
Here's a pic of the living room at the GL NV from a stay in 2012. If the couch is similar, it looks to be long enough for an adult to sleep on it as well as the trundle beneath it.

Newport Drive

TUG Member
Reaction score
currently staying at the Grand Luxxe in Riviera Maya. We have a 2BR suite but the couches in both suites are the same. The couch is actually quite long - at least 8 feet so length would not be a problem. The width once you take the back cushions off is similar to a twin size bed. They make the bed up for you with sheets on a daily basis. My teenage son is currently sleeping on it and while it is ok I would not considerate as comfortable as the beds, but certainly would be ok for the week's stay unless you are used to a plush bed.