• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I doubt that you will see a Grand Luxxe as a Getaway. Riviera Maya has fewer than Nuevo, so it is more difficult get in as it is.
Thanks. Given that, what is the next best option then? Grand Bliss or Grand Mayan?

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
This info doesn't seem to be correct for the GL RM, which this thread is about.

It was the last time I was there about a couple of years back. There were four GL triangular shape buildings; 1 or 2 were Spa configurations and the rest standard GL units with the corner units villas and the middle suites standard GL units. They might have built more since then with different configurations but I doubt if those original four have changed.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Thanks. Given that, what is the next best option then? Grand Bliss or Grand Mayan?

For Riviera Maya, I would go with Grand Bliss before Grand Mayan. With a trade, the probability would be you would get the GM Jungle which is farther from the beach and pools than the Grand Bliss. If you could guarantee getting the closer GM buildings (which you cant), then GM might be preferable, to GB with the exception of the Beach Club not being available. Note that GM has a very nice pool complex away from the beach as well as a "beach" on a lake, which you can use if you are staying at GB.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Definitely Grand Bliss because deck is larger and you get to use the Beach Club, Grand Mayan, and Mayan Palace pools. I say this because the Grand Luxxe pool there is not really beachfront and we love sitting around a pool and being able to also see the ocean. We have stayed at MP and GM there, and loved the Palapa beds with the pool on one side and the ocean on the other. Our family ranks the Mayan Palace pool at Riviera Maya as one of their favorite pools.

The only negative for me is that the Grand Bliss has 2 under-counter refrigerators instead of a real refrigerator, with some freezer space, a sofa & loveseat instead of 2 sofas, and only 2 drawers in each of the bedrooms - I do unpack our clothes when we arrive and lots of things are not hang up, so one drawer each is not ideal.

Regardless, we do have 2 weeks at GBMR reserved for late April/early May 2018 and are looking forward to going there again since it has been quite a while since we have been there. We used SFX exchanges using PBEB weeks and I chose GB because of the Beach Club pool access.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
With a trade, the probability would be you would get the GM Jungle which is farther from the beach and pools than the Grand Bliss.

Actually, the Grand Bliss units are right next to the Grand Mayan jungle buildings 8/9. We had plenty of GB people riding the shuttle back to our same stop when we were there last month.

rpennisi

Reaction score
That is true Scott, but they can get GM 12/13 which is farther than the GB, and again no Beach Club.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks, if we settle on the Riviera Maya/Cancun for fall of 2018, we will stick with Grand Bliss. There is actually getaway availability for when we want to go in September 2018 at Grand Mayan, but nothing for Grand Bliss yet.