• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Residence Club

Tradetimes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to book at GLUXXE at Nuevo and i dont understand why this resort have a lot of great week available in II and still available after a couple of day...

I always trades in Westin\Marriott with II and the good week left II in couple of minutes/hours...

When i look at review and picture, the Gluxxe look like amazing...but since its alway available..i am not sure if its a great idea to go there...

Any tugger can help us with this resort?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Grand Luxxe is very nice. They bulk bank many more units than Marriott and Starwood do. Starwood use to bulk more units in Mexico but has been holding back the last few years. When they did their large bulks inventory would sit for a few days and make it out of priority. I don't know if Vida properties have a priority period in II.

One caveat is that Grand Luxxe has a reputation for putting exchangers in the worst locations not just prioritizing owners. Also some don't have enough exchange power to see Luxxe units. Also some pass up the property because of they would rather have ocean front with a swimable beach. I have not been to Nuevo but I know that is they case as RM.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The developer / owner has built for peak snow bird season ( Jan- March ) using a RTU float week system . Construction cost & Staffing cost is in Pesos so they can afford to operate this way when both owners and exchangers pay in $ USD ,

Grand Luxxe is the top level at Vidanta but even their legacy / start level SEA GARDEN has FULL daily maid service and towels etc . ( stayed Feb 2016 / our 2nd PV Feb week ) and very helpful staff .

Do not hesitate to book -

If you do not wish to see a top notch TS sales staff operation - do NOT agree to a presentation .

I own MP level

JuliGee

Reaction score
Grand Luxxe is very nice. They bulk bank many more units than Marriott and Starwood do. Starwood use to bulk more units in Mexico but has been holding back the last few years. When they did their large bulks inventory would sit for a few days and make it out of priority. I don't know if Vida properties have a priority period in II.

One caveat is that Grand Luxxe has a reputation for putting exchangers in the worst locations not just prioritizing owners. Also some don't have enough exchange power to see Luxxe units. Also some pass up the property because of they would rather have ocean front with a swimable beach. I have not been to Nuevo but I know that is they case as RM.

So what's new? Exchangers being given the worst units, and owners being given the better units, seems to be the "norm" in the exchange world, and is no surprise. I would guess that probably all resorts, including yours operate in this manner. If I as an owner staying at my property would be given a unit overlooking the parking lot, and an exchanger was staying in an ocean view unit, there would be an uproar at the HOA meeting.

Juli

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So what's new? Exchangers being given the worst units, and owners being given the better units, seems to be the "norm" in the exchange world, and is no surprise. I would guess that probably all resorts, including yours operate in this manner. If I as an owner staying at my property would be given a unit overlooking the parking lot, and an exchanger was staying in an ocean view unit, there would be an uproar at the HOA meeting.

Juli

It's one thing to prioritize owners and give them the best views. It's another to put exchangers in the furthermost buildings next to construction when there are other buildings with empty available units.

There is one in the Caribbean (not a Vida property) that I heard of that puts exchangers in non refurbished rooms even when empty available refurbished ones are available (for owners) and exchangers are offered upgrade for a fee. In general exchangers should be treated as owners. If the resort wants to put units in the rental pool with an exchange company and then prioritize those guests even lower than so be it. An exchanger is taking the place of an owner who isn't using there unit and should not be purposely placed in a substandard unit.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
BEST VIEW clarification - Vidanda ( and some other developers )

Sometimes Vidanta upgrades exchangers to a better view than owners -
when you agree to go to a presentation .

Lots of owners have said this over the years .

Tradetimes - let us know if you took the exchange ?

IMHO - the best ocean view at Vidanta NV - May be 7 th floor ocean side ---SEA GARDEN
it certainly is closest to the ocean of all their buildings in NV .

Also - closest to the bus stop and OXXO - if that is important

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It's one thing to prioritize owners and give them the best views. It's another to put exchangers in the furthermost buildings next to construction when there are other buildings with empty available units.

There is one in the Caribbean (not a Vida property) that I heard of that puts exchangers in non refurbished rooms even when empty available refurbished ones are available (for owners) and exchangers are offered upgrade for a fee. In general exchangers should be treated as owners. If the resort wants to put units in the rental pool with an exchange company and then prioritize those guests even lower than so be it. An exchanger is taking the place of an owner who isn't using there unit and should not be purposely placed in a substandard unit.

We have exchanged into the Grand Mayans in both Nuevo Vallarta and Riviera Maya. We have spent 12 weeks in both resorts and have never been put in a bad unit. We had Ocean Front at NV on the top floor. AT RM we were always in the closest buildings and all our stays were during busy times. All of our exchanges were through SFX.

The thing is, you have to ask for a good unit location and they will try to accommodate you. That is true at all resorts. If you don't say anything, they will put you in the poorer locations.

We have never signed up for any presentations. We just told them that we don't do presentations and they left us alone.

Last edited:

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Hello, we traded in to the Grand Luxxe Residence Club Riviera Maya 2Br for July 2018. Until UUU2L. Trying to get some info on unit and what it contains. Looks like there are several different types of 2BR's. Is this the two level 2BR or does anyone have a link etc that can help? Thank you!