• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe NV 3 bedroom to 4 bedroom upgrade question

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greetings!

We leave Saturday and have an II exchange for a three bedroom loft. My dad has stated he may want to come along and I was thiking of grabbing another unit (a 2 bedroom). My questions:

1) if I have a three bedroom loft, what buildings could we be in?
2) any room or floor request suggestions?
3) what is the possibility to pay to upgrade to a 4 bedroom?
4) if we go with the separate 3 and 2 bedroom units, will we likely be in the same building?

Thank you all! these last minute changes are stressful, but the TUG community helps.

Best, Paul

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
1.) The 3 bedroom Loft units are further from the beach as they are the newer units that have built along the river.
2.) They do not even let owners request buildings or floors.
3.)I doubt that you will be allowed to upgrade to one of the new 4 bedroom units.
4.) If you have separate units, they may or may not be in the same building, especially with exchanges made at different times.

Units used to be assigned a couple of days before you arrive and they start with owners (these have various levels and the more the owner has invested the better their location). Once owners have been assigned units, then they start with exchanges from SFX, II, and RCI Collections - I do not know if there is an order for these or not.

Whatever unit you get will be nice. Just enjoy!!!

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of days ago on DRI Facebook group, a DRI member posted about her stay at GL NV in a 2 bdrm loft. I asked which building she was and this was her answer (I don't know if the info is accurate or not. I don't own there):
"The loft is only in Tower 3 and Tower 4 the 3rd floor. Each of the 3rd floor of those towers has 18 units. Half are with 2 bedroom and the other are 3 bedrooms . So in Grand Luxxe, there is only 36 units. The new tower 5 has the loft for one bedroom with 160 units."

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Click Here to see a current NV Map. It shows the GL Towers.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
6 months later after the opening, they still don't show the new tower 5 on the map

Make the map smaller by clicking on the - box by the buildings on your right and you can see the new GL Residence too.

rpennisi

Reaction score
If the loft units are in Tower buildings 3 and 4, this is where in the original plan, shops were to be built. But as in all things Vidanta, the plans obviously changed. The photo is from Jan 2012.

Attachments

• P1070017.jpg
    P1070017.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 90

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
That is a nice map. The one I linked to had a + /- box that is vertical on the top right corner and you could click on it to see more or less. aEhen you click on the minus (-) you see building 5 and the Residence.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a nice map. The one I linked to had a + /- box that is vertical on the top right corner and you could click on it to see more or less. aEhen you click on the minus (-) you see building 5 and the Residence.
When I click on the - box, the max zoom out I get is this and there is no tower 5 (it should be where I draw a red circle)
upload_2017-5-17_20-17-41.png

Last edited:

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
I want to insert youppi quotes but the Insert Quotes isn't working.

Tower 5 is where youppi's red circle. The building is finished and operational. I had great dinner at Quinto (Tower 5 - top floor restaurant). Great food and save money with meal coupons!

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
I want to insert youppi quotes but the Insert Quotes isn't working.

Tower 5 is where youppi's red circle. The building is finished and operational. I had great dinner at Quinto (Tower 5 - top floor restaurant). Great food and save money with meal coupons!

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got here, is the quinto pool exclusive to tower 5 or residences like skypool in residence tower or can all gl go?

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, Building 5 has studio lofts that the Vidanta website has mistakenly called 1 bedroom lofts. The real 1 bedroom lofts are listed under the Residence lofts. They are true two level one bedroom lofts on the penthouse level of Building 5. There are only 18 of these units in building 5. The rest of building 5 has the studio lofts that are one level with the bedroom a step higher than the living room but it is basically one level.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
From the discussions here, if I have a "standard" 2 bedroom exchange that should be in build in 1 or 2?

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
From the discussions here, if I have a "standard" 2 bedroom exchange that should be in build in 1 or 2?

If you have an exchange into a GL 2 bedroom, you could be assigned at checkin to Buildings 1 through 4.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
If you have an exchange into a GL 2 bedroom, you could be assigned at checkin to Buildings 1 through 4.

Thanks. I was mis-reading this post:
"The loft is only in Tower 3 and Tower 4 the 3rd floor."

I missed the part about 3rd floor.

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
In Tower 3 and 4, there are 2, 3 and 4 bedroom two-level lofts on the 3rd floor and on the penthouse level. In Tower 5, there are 1 bedroom two-level lofts on the penthouse level only. I heard they might be building 2 and 3 bedroom lofts on the penthouse level of Tower 5 but not sure. The studio lofts (one level) are on floors 1-7 of Tower 5. Some people (including the Vidanta website) refer to the studio lofts as 1 bedroom lofts but that is inaccurate.

radley

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did you get a GL loft via II? Was it a special request?
Thanks

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am curious about too about how you got a 3 bedroom loft through an II exchange. Those units are their best units and almost impossible for even owners to get. BTW, in a previous post I mistakenly said the 2,3 and 4 bedroom lofts are on the PH level of Tower 3 and 4. They are on the 3rd level of Tower 3 and 4. They have spectacular views even though they are on the third level. They are huge too. In Tower 5A, they have 1 bedroom 2-level lofts on the PH level. I heard they are building 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom lofts on the PH level of Tower 5B but Vidanta has not yet confirmed that when I was there. While Tower 5 may seem "far from the beach" now, it really isn't that far and the beach at Nuevo Vallarta is not a traditional swimming beach anyway. The views from Tower 5 are spectacular, some of the best in the entire compound. The pool at Tower 5 is one of the best pools too and only Tower 5 guests may use it. In the future, Tower 5 will be in the center of Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta because they will building new towers, restaurants and a shopping village on the other side of Tower 5 (rumors have it that they will be building Towers 6-9) and the new Theme Park will be on the other side of that. So anyone considering a purchase, Tower 5 is a great place. The Grand Luxxe studio lofts are a relatively low cost entry level way to get in now and they give you upgrade privileges to 1 bedrooms in any of the Grand Luxes from April 15 - Nov 15. The good news about that is the Pacific Coast of Mexico is not in the hurricane zone and from April 15 until about July 30, the Riviera Maya is also pretty safe from hurricanes. For families, the summer is a great time to travel and get a 1 bedroom. They are very large at the Grand Luxxe with huge balconies and easily fit 2 adults and 2 children. Even the studio lofts are large (1000 sf) and are good for 2 adults and 2 people and the usage fee is low for what you are buying.

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of days ago on DRI Facebook group, a DRI member posted about her stay at GL NV in a 2 bdrm loft. I asked which building she was and this was her answer (I don't know if the info is accurate or not. I don't own there):
"The loft is only in Tower 3 and Tower 4 the 3rd floor. Each of the 3rd floor of those towers has 18 units. Half are with 2 bedroom and the other are 3 bedrooms . So in Grand Luxxe, there is only 36 units. The new tower 5 has the loft for one bedroom with 160 units."

What is DRI Facebook? What does DRI stand for?

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
In Tower 3 and 4, there are 2, 3 and 4 bedroom two-level lofts on the 3rd floor and on the penthouse level. In Tower 5, there are 1 bedroom two-level lofts on the penthouse level only. I heard they might be building 2 and 3 bedroom lofts on the penthouse level of Tower 5 but not sure. The studio lofts (one level) are on floors 1-7 of Tower 5. Some people (including the Vidanta website) refer to the studio lofts as 1 bedroom lofts but that is inaccurate.

Just to clarify, I made an error above. The 2-level lofts are currently in Tower 3 and 4 on the third floor (not the PH level). I personally saw a 3 bedroom loft and it was stunning, huge and a gorgeous view. I have never seen a more beautiful resort unit in my life. It is definitely straight out of the "lifestyles of the rich and famous." LOL

The new 2 level 1 bedroom lofts in Tower 5A will be on the Penthouse level. I was in the units in Tower 5A. The 1 bedroom 2-level lofts are on the PH level and the studio lofts are below that. The 1 bedroom 2-level lofts are also stunning. My only complaint would be the terraces are very small and the terrace pool is tiny. I heard a rumor that in Tower 5B, the PH level may have 2 and 3 bedroom lofts and the levels below that may have 1 and 2 bedroom units (probably not studio lofts) but that was through another listserve, not directly from sales. Vidanta is still keeping Tower 5B plans a bit quiet but apparently some folks who have made big investments seem to be getting some news out of sales.

The rooftop pool on Tower 5A is spectacular and only available for use by folks staying in Tower 5. The rooftop views are stunning.