• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Nuevo I am in you

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hellolani, it looks to me you are doing due diligence; I wish more folks that attend the presentation would do that.

This brings up some interesting questions: Does Vidanta ownership ever make sense? Does traditional timeshare ownership ever make sense? I believe the right answer is it all depends on what you want, but if you don't really think through your goals, you will probably be disappointed.

Certainly, on Tug, the answer is generally: Vidanta ownership makes no sense and traditional timeshares and related exchange ownership makes good sense. For me, traditional timeshares make no sense if it includes a yearly obligation that goes on forever. Times change, interests change, timeshares deteriorate; people often just want out.

So how about Vidanta ownership; does it ever make sense? You certainly can see millions of posts on Tug that Vidanta ownership is worthless; just trade in. Well, it's really not that simple to many.

Consider:
- Some (like me) don't have a timeshare to trade in and have no desire to get one (even free)
- Ownership versus non ownership becomes a simple process as it is nothing more than prepaid vacations. Are you willing to pay this amount to get these benefits? What are those benefits? Well it depends on what you negotiate. Tom, in the above post, mentioned a bunch of possibilities and there are others. My guess is that all of the Vidanta regulars on Tug have all got something different customized to their individual goals. I like that and feel like I have a great contract not only for my wife and me - but also our kids and grandkids for the future. Every time I go, I look for opportunities to enhance my contract for the family.
- To be honest, most of us got our contracts preconstruction - but that is still going on to a lesser degree as Vidanta expands; we have already added access privileges for the Cirque d'Soleil theme park for grandkids.
- The question now is whether ownership still makes sense today since it is relatively easy for people to trade in - but will that continue and at what costs. Vidanta purposely makes it easy today as they release excess inventory to get people in the door - but they are and will continually raise the rates. While I have no crystal ball, it will be interesting to see what it costs and the availability after the Cirque theme park is in place.
- The bottom line is that ownership has worked well for us and for many others. Vacationing is expensive (just got back from a river cruise, ouch!); spend your money wisely not on a whim.

Mike

Just out of curiosity, what/when did you purchase pre-construction? What are pre-construction prices like vs non-pre-construction prices? s far as I know, Vidanta is continuing to construct and still promoting pre-construction pricing so why do you say it will become less common? For example, they are still promoting pre-construction pricing for GL Tower 5 and they are planning more GL towers after that. What do you think would be reasonable pre-construction pricing for various unit sizes?

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hellolani,
I am glad Mike posted directly to your question(s) regarding the negotiation process .

1)Mike has mentioned in prior posts that he negotiated a addendum with Member Services
that states something to the affect that - " after the 10 year registered week is renewed ( by paying the 2 x MF / upkeep fee)
one of the residence weeks takes on all the rights & privileges of the initial 10 year registered week .
This is likely important if Vidanta were to stop building , as your week would have priority over other residence weeks owners.

2)ARP - at least one week should be 12 months or better . ( As a Canadian - you want this so you can get prime time Feb. if needed / I realize you are in Vancouver - but what if in 5 years you or your husband get an amazing job in Winnipeg or your children move to Edmonton when they are adults)

3)< The value in owning ( rather than just exchanging into ) Vidanta is likely over the long term - >
so make sure you get the xx% cap on MF increases . The most common version is 5% yearly cap - which is actually detailed as - USA CPI inflation rate with an additional +/- 5% for Mexican inflation . Over the last 10 years the actual increase in my Mayan Palace per year has been less than this, since USA CPI inflation has been low . My MF is now less than what a newly sold contract is likely to have as a MF .
Unlike most TS systems, Vidanta has many different MF's for the same unit - generally based on the year bought and the xx% MF cap(s) . That is one reason why they like to upgrade existing owners - it allows for a new "reset" on the MF based on the brand upgrade .

4)Since your children are young , I would make sure you have a specific addendum for use (and MF) of the brand buildings that will be inside the theme park being built in Nuevo
Currently the models listed are Cascades (RCI DA86) and Kingdom of the Sun ( and KS loft ) The NV wall map also shows Kingdom of the Stars and Grand Cascades .( no buildings planned - yet for GS or KStars )
I believe that a product called - Entertainment Collection(and Grand E) is being sold that gives a 10 year registered week in Cascades that renews as Bliss-Mayan Palace (GE renews to GM -GB )
I assume you could negotiate a 10 year (from park opening) addendum and I would push for longer based on your children's current age .
This falls under Mike's suggestion of max flexibility of use of all Vidanta brand levels / and MF cost range for each .

5) Of all the "extras" ( Vida dollars , Ambassador certs. ,SFX Vida weeks etc ) I believe privilege weeks may be of long term value . They seem to work like the weeks they are already including that have no Jan- March ARP .

6) Golf - if you decide to negotiate with Member Services - I would push for at least one round of free golf per week used ( for 2 golfers) .
-50 % off can be off any rate set in the future / free is always free . < older contract like Mike's have multiple free rounds per week - which may no longer be available >

7) 10 x MF transfer price .
Remember it can transfer to your children with no transfer cost .
There has been at least one Grand Luxxe contract listed for sale on TUG - that stated there was a Vidanta "sanctioned" way to avoid the 10 x MF . I believe it could have been by adding a
new owner name to an existing contract . If you negotiate an addendum to have the right to add "owner names " without activating a transfer I think you may have a solution .
<Vidanta wanted their product off ebay resales and the transfer price cost has achieved this >

I hope this helps

5) Of all the "extras" ( Vida dollars , Ambassador certs. ,SFX Vida weeks etc ) I believe privilege weeks may be of long term value . They seem to work like the weeks they are already including that have no Jan- March ARP .

What are privilege weeks and what makes them have long term value?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
As best I understand -

1) - privilege weeks can be "bonus" weeks in a contract that allow(addtional) use of Vidanta properties . Privilege weeks are unlikely to have ARP so the are most likely most
usable in shoulder seasons . I believe that (in some cases) privilege weeks are "managed" by concierge- gatekeepers such as ICE or Destinos Unlimited .These may have been sold as an "exit package" with a low price but not all components of a "full" contract . (ARP for instance)
Since privilege weeks are based on ownership - the $ 11 pp /pd resort fees charged to exchangers does not apply .
My concept of "long term value " is - access to Vidanta resorts without an exchange company fee or resort exchanger fees .

2) SFX - Vida weeks - are for exchanging outside Vidanta ( using SFX as the exchange company and paying a MF )

3) Vida dollars are managed by ICE and work like a points program . Some say you can buy the products for less elsewhere.

4 ) Ambassador certificates - as Mike explained .
I believe Vidanta does limit how many times a person can visit using them , since I have seen them listed on ebay and the person listing mentioned - only buy one .

My contract is Mayan Palace from 10 years ago - so I have a "Vacation Fare" bonus week in addition to my registered week .
Privilege Weeks seem similar to me , but since I do not have them , I may not be completely accurate in this post .

As I understand it - Vida dollars and Ambassador certificates programs can end if
Vidanta wishes - since they are a added perk , but you do not own the right .
Privilege Weeks and SFX - Vida Weeks are contractual ( read your contract for details )

Last edited:

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for explaining privilege weeks. I don't think I have those. I do not find Vida dollars and Ambassador certificates to be that useful to me personally. However, my friends and family may end up liking them. Time will tell. I may end up liking SFX Vida weeks. The advantage to those are you do not need to trade a week and the cost is less than a maintenance fee for a Marriott or Westin. But let's see what the availability is when I finally request one.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I have privilege weeks with my GL contract, which excludes the holiday weeks but runs the rest of the year. The privilege weeks are managed by SFX and allow returning to Vidanta during holiday weeks, subject to availability. In speaking with Vidanta member services about them, they have told me that if SFX doesn't have availability when I want to go there I should just call them and they'll assist, but that's not written in my contract.

Vida weeks are essentially the same as SFX bonus weeks. I've deposited a non-Vidanta TS week in the SFX account associated w/ my GL contract and gotten Vida weeks in addition to the credit for the deposited week. In discussing this with SFX, I learned that I can use those for allowing friends to go to Vidanta but can't go there myself on a Vida week. (I was exploring the costs for getting another unit when I'm down in Riviera Maya for some friends to join us. It turned out to be cheaper than using a privilege week by about $400.)

The fine print on the Ambassador certificates says they can only be used once - that is one visit on an Ambassador certificate by a person. Makes sense since they're a marketing tool for sales, not for filling the hotel. I've got 9 left if anyone wants one.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
Just out of curiosity, what/when did you purchase pre-construction? What are pre-construction prices like vs non-pre-construction prices? s far as I know, Vidanta is continuing to construct and still promoting pre-construction pricing so why do you say it will become less common? For example, they are still promoting pre-construction pricing for GL Tower 5 and they are planning more GL towers after that. What do you think would be reasonable pre-construction pricing for various unit sizes?

By preconstruction, I mean two or more years before they break ground on a new project such as a Grand Bliss or Grand Luxxe. When we upgraded to Grand Bliss, there was only the Grand Mayan and a number of Mayan Palace buildings in Nuevo. We didn't even know where they would put anything new; we bought into the idea and helped get it started by doing so; in return, many of us got a lot of addenda that they have honored.

I'm a relative newcomer buying in about 2007 compared to folks like Pittle and Zib.

Mike

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
T-Dot Traveler explained the various extras well. A few more comments.

- I like the Vida and privilege weeks, but particularly the vida weeks as I can go anywhere and not exchange my GL week which I will never do as I can't get my golf and other amenities. You do have to be a platinum member at SFX for this privilege to continue long term.

- For me, the vida dollars and Vida lifestyles are not worth spending extra money on. It does give SFX platinum membership - but already had that. Before anyone signs up for extra money on that (not Vidanta but a separate travel club), be honest with yourself if you will ever use the vida dollars or certificates. Often you will get a 2 year or so paid up membership, then they will call to upgrade you. Evaluate wisely.

- There are also other extras associated with the theme park. On my last changes, I did get a certificate with some benefits as to access and fees into the park. I did this as I do believe the them park will be successful and my kids and grandkids will get some use out of it. Time will tell.

Mike

Last edited:

LZango

Reaction score
My husband and I have been Vidanta owners for 15 years and heard just about every sales tactic they can throw your way.

Availability on Vida Lifestyle Privilege Weeks is very limited, and you still have to pay hundred to thousands. You will be disappointed. I have yet to be able to use any privilege weeks despite trying and checking nearly everyday for options. For example, I just looked at availability in Hawaii for May and 6 properties had availability with the cheapest still costing $800 for the week on up to $1800.

What I wish I would have known about Vida Dollars before upgrading:
1. They expire
2. The products are overpriced, and once you apply vida dollars, the final price is comparable to prices on Amazon.
3. Shipping can be expensive
4. First Friday only has 10-12 items each month, most of them are pretty lame and sell out in 1/2 second (no joke)

Warning to people who upgrade. The senior certificates got re-written, so if you had one and upgrade, they changed it so you only get a partial credit toward your maintenance fee instead of the entire fee. Of course, they don't tell you that and just assume you'll never read/compare the original certificate to the new one.

My recommendation is to NOT buy and keep renting off e-bay or another timeshare rental site.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Warning to people who upgrade. The senior certificates got re-written, so if you had one and upgrade, they changed it so you only get a partial credit toward your maintenance fee instead of the entire fee. Of course, they don't tell you that and just assume you'll never read/compare the original certificate to the new one.

My recommendation is to NOT buy and keep renting off e-bay or another timeshare rental site.

Yes- I have been told that they offer to "freeze" your MF at the beginning price of the new contract. Ours is better as we have the original one. The last time they tried to get us to upgrade, they promised it was the same as before. But, if we were to have done that, I would have read the contract in detail and if the Sr. Cert changed, we would have cancelled.

Bottom line, we are happy with what we have and they cannot entice us with more units. There is no need to spend the better part of a day being harassed by the sales staff. I would rather be under a palapa on the beach! :)

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Resorts - Grand Luxxe Residential Loft
The Royal Haciendas
Villa del Palmar
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
American Resorts International - ARI's Holiday Network
It sounds like you are attempting to upgrade. If you have a Senior Certificate, make sure they transfer the benefit to the new contract. You pay 50% on one week at age 75, and one week is maintenance fee free after age 77. You can negotiate reduced golf benefits.

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought a Grand Luxxe Studio Loft in Tower 5. I really do not like the studio lofts because they are like a hotel room so I doubt we will use it. However, we bought it because it is an "entry level" Grand Luxxe with a reasonable investment and a low usage fee to get into the Grand Luxxe with the option to exchange into a one bedroom Grand Luxxe suite from April 15 - Nov 15 as well as get Grand Bliss and 2 bedroom Grand Mayans anytime. We have kids so we would usually travel in summers. We have another great 2 bedroom timeshare that we can use in many locations including Aruba, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, all over Mexico, Spain and elsewhere, the rest of the year and we can also trade our GL if we want for its "lower than Marriott and Westin" usage fee. We also have other vacation clubs where we get ravel privileges but not as fancy as Grand Luxxe. We have been offered an option to upgrade for a 1 bedroom 2 level loft on the penthouse for a little more than double what we paid for the initial investment fee and the usage fee goes from $1350 to $2300 for the 2 level 1-bedroom PH loft. The 2-level loft is really nice and then we get great sister exchange privileges to almost all the 2 bedroom categories. I can't decide if it is worth investing more money inyo Grand Luxxe or if we would be happy with the one bedroom suite from April 15 - Nov 15. We are a family of 4 with children age 7 and 10. Any thoughts from folks who have owned at Grand Luxxe for awhile? Does the wow factor wear off after you have been an owner for awhile? If you own a basic unit, do you get placed on high floors with views?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
We haven’t owned all that long, but love the resort. We got in at the same level as you did, preconstruction, and are planning on upgrading to the penthouse lofts next year in order to go there in the high season. It’s a very personal decision for you to make whether that’s worth it, though. We’ve seen a fair number of availabilities to trade into a 2BR or larger GL in Nuevo Vallarta on RCI in this last year for the fall (none right now) in the Platinum priority access area and understand they show up a lot on II; our last visit there was an RCI exchange. We’re heading over to GL RM in April on an exchange through SFX, which seems to have very good access to Vidanta weeks. Bottom line for me is that in the off season, exchanging in is a lot less expensive than paying the usage fees; at the extreme, our last 2 week stay cost us 400 RCI points plus $239 (I believe) for the week - no idea why the points were so low that they seemed more like a rounding error than a cost. If you think you can be happy going in the off season and have 2 kids that will be growing up, that might be a better way to go than upgrading.

If you do upgrade, you’ll be able to go in the high season and will be in a higher class of membership with Vidanta, which has some perks, but is of course not free. Those lofts will exchange for 2BR spa, villa or suite weeks, which isn’t a bad option while you’ve still got the kids living with you, then you can use the loft on your own once they’ve got jobs to support you in your retirement;-). In my opinion, though, it only makes a difference for the high season - they had a 24.4% occupancy rate when we were there in mid-September based on some staff notes that were left out at one of the Joy Squad posts and confirmed by the staff. Given that, I don’t think there will be much problem exchanging at least until the Cirque Park is fully operational; no idea how that would effect the calculus.

I have no idea how the GL usage fee compares with Marriott or Westin, so maybe someone else can chip in on that. My other timeshares have significantly lower fees and I’m way more interested in trading into GL rather than out to go elsewhere in the shoulder seasons because I haven’t seen many that come near matching the quality & have seen a number of others on here saying the same thing. I use my other weeks for trading and traveling and only plan on using my membership here to come here when I don’t want to freeze my butt off at home.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We bought a Grand Luxxe Studio Loft in Tower 5. I really do not like the studio lofts because they are like a hotel room so I doubt we will use it. However, we bought it because it is an "entry level" Grand Luxxe with a reasonable investment and a low usage fee to get into the Grand Luxxe with the option to exchange into a one bedroom Grand Luxxe suite from April 15 - Nov 15 as well as get Grand Bliss and 2 bedroom Grand Mayans anytime. We have kids so we would usually travel in summers. We have another great 2 bedroom timeshare that we can use in many locations including Aruba, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, all over Mexico, Spain and elsewhere, the rest of the year and we can also trade our GL if we want for its "lower than Marriott and Westin" usage fee. We also have other vacation clubs where we get ravel privileges but not as fancy as Grand Luxxe. We have been offered an option to upgrade for a 1 bedroom 2 level loft on the penthouse for a little more than double what we paid for the initial investment fee and the usage fee goes from $1350 to $2300 for the 2 level 1-bedroom PH loft. The 2-level loft is really nice and then we get great sister exchange privileges to almost all the 2 bedroom categories. I can't decide if it is worth investing more money inyo Grand Luxxe or if we would be happy with the one bedroom suite from April 15 - Nov 15. We are a family of 4 with children age 7 and 10. Any thoughts from folks who have owned at Grand Luxxe for awhile? Does the wow factor wear off after you have been an owner for awhile? If you own a basic unit, do you get placed on high floors with views?

Dear Hankmoon ,
This is my take on your info -
Your current status gives you the most flexibility .
$1350 for a 2 bedroom Grand Mayan - plenty of room for 2 adults & 2 kids . and in NV you are close to kids club /pool
$1350 for exchange to Marriott or Westin works through ll ( Grand Luxxe is ll while GB & GM are RCI affiliated / so buying the Grand Luxxe as you did gets these exchanges cost effectively.

Your current contract has ARP ( I assume minimum 6 months ) so you could do Presidents Week or similar with your kids ( harder to get on an exchange unless you grab 2 years out AND Vidanta keeps depositing GL )

In 10 years - your children will be 17- 20 . ( ie you may not need a 2 bedroom as you may not have 4 travelling )
PS - In 15 years - when they are 22-25 - you may have need for more space or not and what season ( Our 28 year old joined us for Weds - Weds last year )

Above - I am ignoring the cost of the buy in - I am really just looking at usage fee and flexibility of how you use it - now and in the future .

1) As you know - the "investment " is all in your future vacations .
2) As you know - Vidanta uses the money from sales to keep building ( IMO - instead of borrowing from a bank )

If you or anyone else is looking to upgrade - timing the process to coincide with their cash flow needs related to building the Cirque Theme park could be advantageous to getting the most out of the upgrade .
ie - reducing the price below $ xx reduces their incoming cash BUT getting more addendums and benefits for that same dollar figure does not cost them (right now )and " closes' more sales .

I am not sure when that perfect "sweet spot" will be . I expect it is in the next 18 months .
1) mid Dec - April 2018 - the properties are full - so lots of sales
2)April - May 2018 - ??
3)Summer 2018 maybe - but they do sell Mexican Nationals that vacation during school break .
4) Fall 2018 - ??
5) April - May 2019 - ??

I will let other Grand Luxxe owners add .

We are happy staying at the Sea Garden NV & Mayan Palace PV for approx $700 week in February when it is cold in Canada
The sunshine is the same & all Vidanta brands get daily cleaning and towels
(PS - please tip their hardworking staff / It is a significant for them & their families )

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Resorts - Grand Luxxe Residential Loft
The Royal Haciendas
Villa del Palmar
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
American Resorts International - ARI's Holiday Network
I was in Nuevo Vallarta and upgraded from a 1BR at the Grand Bliss to a Grand Luxxe Loft 0BR, 1.5BA, 2+2 CAP, Kitchenette. I own RED time, upgraded on February 8, 2016. I am confused, as you make reference to Building 5. I don't think I am assigned to any building or even any resort destination (such as Riviera Maya or Nuevo Vallarta). If I am assigned to a specific building or a specific location, where do I find this information in my contract?

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was in Nuevo Vallarta and upgraded from a 1BR at the Grand Bliss to a Grand Luxxe Loft 0BR, 1.5BA, 2+2 CAP, Kitchenette. I own RED time, upgraded on February 8, 2016. I am confused, as you make reference to Building 5. I don't think I am assigned to any building or even any resort destination (such as Riviera Maya or Nuevo Vallarta). If I am assigned to a specific building or a specific location, where do I find this information in my contract?

The Grand Luxxe Lofts are only located in Building 5 in Nuevo Vallarta right now. They do not exist in any other building or location. There are sister exchanges for other locations listed in your booklet.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe all of the contracts are linked to a resort, in your case Nuevo Vallarta. This only makes a difference in the reservation window.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe all of the contracts are linked to a resort, in your case Nuevo Vallarta. This only makes a difference in the reservation window.

I'm not sure I understand this--I do believe each contract is linked to a resort, though you should have access to all other locations in the system. However, what do you mean about the location making a difference in the reservation window? I think that's the first I've heard of that. Thx.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On my contract it provides a 12 month reservation window for registered weeks at Nuevo Vallarta, 10 months for residence weeks. The portion on sister resorts says it is bound by the policy of the sister resorts. I do have an addendum making them all 12 months, but that’s an addendum, not the contract itself.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
All your addenda are part of the contract. If it says you have 12 months at all sister resorts, that's what you have. Whenever we book, we always have all our addenda handy as we do need them often - but they are always honored.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
I can't decide if it is worth investing more money inyo Grand Luxxe or if we would be happy with the one bedroom suite from April 15 - Nov 15. We are a family of 4 with children age 7 and 10. Any thoughts from folks who have owned at Grand Luxxe for awhile? Does the wow factor wear off after you have been an owner for awhile? If you own a basic unit, do you get placed on high floors with views?

IMO, you are thinking the right way and asking the right questions. The first question to ask yourself is what are your travel goals and does what you have meet them. It would seem that you plan on vacationing there as a family of 4 until the kids are on their own. Great plan - the resort will never grow old. It also seems that you can exchange what you have into a 2 bedroom GM suite or a 1 bedroom GB suite. I think you are good to go with what you have; your kids will far prefer the GM or GB location to any GL location.

We have been following that approach for the last 10 years but we are in a different stage of life than your family. We take one or two couples with us; we also have three kids and 9 grandkids that all love the resorts; we take some combination every summer or at spring break. For that reason, we upgraded to the Grand Luxxe Villa and stopped. The primary reason is the GLV had all the equivalency into the GB and GM that we would ever need. At times we need and use the villa; other times opt for the GB / GM and get more time. We and our family enjoy the GB and GM as much as the GL - the grandkids more because of location. For kids, the GM pools are the place to be.

BTW, it never gets old. We go 2 or 3 times a year always with family and friends and always have a great time.

The bottom line is decide on your vacation goals and then work to find the best financial plan to meet them - but overspending because some sales person wants you to is not a reason to upgrade.

Mike

Last edited:

Luckytimer

Reaction score
Well we are here at present (2nd week of 2) i would never buy here in a million years. Not because we don't like it or it's not beautiful. My reason is $$$$ based only.

We got in here through RCI. PRIORITY ACCESS. We are platinum members but have never paid attention to these deals before.

We got the 4 bedroom, 6000 sq foot residence for $360 cnd per week plus 600 rci points! Why on earth would I ever pay the developer mucho dinero??

Just to let you know. The private elevator that opens directly into the villa HAS NEVER WORKED since arrival, forcing everyone to use stairs or service elevator - then the service elevator konked out.

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well we are here at present (2nd week of 2) i would never buy here in a million years. Not because we don't like it or it's not beautiful. My reason is $$$$ based only.

We got in here through RCI. PRIORITY ACCESS. We are platinum members but have never paid attention to these deals before.

We got the 4 bedroom, 6000 sq foot residence for $360 cnd per week plus 600 rci points! Why on earth would I ever pay the developer mucho dinero??

Just to let you know. The private elevator that opens directly into the villa HAS NEVER WORKED since arrival, forcing everyone to use stairs or service elevator - then the service elevator konked out.

What is RCI Priority Access? Is is a membership based program? Did you just pay for the room without doing an exchange?

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well we are here at present (2nd week of 2) ...

On day 3 of our stay in a 4br at GL Residences in NV. Very nice.

Elevator to our unit was broken on our arrival, so had to take the service elevator too. Not a good first impression, but it was fixed on our 2nd day.

Currently writing this from the Sky Pool and see technicians working on elevators for 8140-8940 and 8141-8941. Hope your unit's one of them. Would be unfortunate to have to take the service elevator the whole of your stay.

On the bright side, you're on vacation at a beautiful resort in an impressive unit. Hope you're otherwise having a wonderful stay.:)

Luckytimer

Reaction score
On day 3 of our stay in a 4br at GL Residences in NV. Very nice.

Elevator to our unit was broken on our arrival, so had to take the service elevator too. Not a good first impression, but it was fixed on our 2nd day.

Currently writing this from the Sky Pool and see technicians working on elevators for 8140-8940 and 8141-8941. Hope your unit's one of them. Would be unfortunate to have to take the service elevator the whole of your stay.

On the bright side, you're on vacation at a beautiful resort in an impressive unit. Hope you're otherwise having a wonderful stay.:)
We arrived Sept 22 for 2 weeks. My husband has ALS and is in an electric wheelchair so stairs are out of question and when service elevator konked out and then randomly stopped and started....it became an unbearable situation. One day he could not leave villa at all due to no elevator. By day 4 of hearing mañana, we were moved into Grand Luxxe.

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is RCI Priority Access? Is is a membership based program? Did you just pay for the room without doing an exchange?

I would say enjoy your vacation and don't worry about the elevators. You are not paying the maintenance fees. You barely paid for your stay!