• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Desert Oct/Nov inventory missing?

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Grand Desert inventory totally missing for October and November? I think it has been missing awhile - I kept checking for my dates, but finally went into the calendar, and I see there is nothing for two months in any size unit!

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deleted, sorry looked up the wrong resort.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Grand Desert inventory totally missing for October and November? I think it has been missing awhile - I kept checking for my dates, but finally went into the calendar, and I see there is nothing for two months in any size unit!
Seems to be a little odd for the Grand Desert. I am sure you can find availability on Extra Holidays. Real question is How does Wyndham get away with taking available inventory out of the system before they actually have the room rented? What happens to Extra Holiday inventory that is not used? Sounds a little unfair IMHO.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the Extra Holidays inventory source was a owner, the points are lost unless the owner pulls the unit back. At least that what was in effect when I tried to use the program awhile ago and before the role out of the new rules/website.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems to be a little odd for the Grand Desert. I am sure you can find availability on Extra Holidays. Real question is How does Wyndham get away with taking available inventory out of the system before they actually have the room rented? What happens to Extra Holiday inventory that is not used? Sounds a little unfair IMHO.

The ones gleaned from inventory (not owners providing on consignment) are simply returned to inventory. And that's why some last minute rooms show up within less than 15 days. We would forfeit our points but EH doesn't. Nice double standard. Conflict of interest.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
The ones gleaned from inventory (not owners providing on consignment) are simply returned to inventory. And that's why some last minute rooms show up within less than 15 days. We would forfeit our points but EH doesn't. Nice double standard. Conflict of interest.
Smells like a dead animal rotting in the heat of the summer.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The person answering the Owner Services/Owner Care number indicated that Sweet Adaline has about two weeks in October. She did not know what was going on with the balance of October and November. She confirmed that no availability was showing for October/November.

Her supervisor took a looked at the issue and they are not showing a inventory problem there. What they are doing is moving reservations from the Weather affected resorts to Grand Desert. The rep also mentioned that they have a number of conventions they are handling for Grand Desert.

From the looks of it, there may be little or no inventory left after the weather transfer and convention(s) needing rooms issues are handled.

Last edited:
Reaction score
October and November availability at the Grand Desert was pulled way before the hurricanes hit. Just curious - why would someone booked at St Thomas or Florida be moved to Nevada anyway? If this were in fact true, wouldn't all resorts be blocked for Oct and Nov? If they were moving because of weather, wouldn't Sept be impacted also? And, to the second comment - Wyndham is now a managing convention reservations??? Sweet Adelines is Oct 9-14 and covers 6 days not 60 days. I find it hard to believe that there is virtually every room type available for the last week of September, through Sept 30 and then absolutely nothing on Oct 1.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Where do rooms come from for all the special deals they offer - 4 day/3 nights at many of the popular resorts? That kind of stuff?

I find it interesting that I am on the do not tour list, and thus at checkin I am not "invited" to attend presentations. But since coming home from my last vacation, have been solicited several times with special offers for these 4 day/3 night things (it is Wyndham calling).

And wonder where that inventory comes from.

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
I have been solicited for those 4 day/3 night getaways as well. You don't stay at the actual resort - you stay in a hotel near the resort, and then you tour the resort and suffer through their high pressure sales pitch. I actually purchased one for $299. Staying in Alexandria and I get a $200 gift card and hotel voucher. I'm not looking forward to the 120 minutes of hell with their sales guy, but I am taking the opportunity to visit a city I've never been too, and who knows, maybe I'll learn something useful.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Details of one of the offers talked about. This one was for Bonnet Creek it was for X dollars per night for X nights. As far as I know, Do not call or similar variations do not cover rental activities of Extra Holidays even though the developer(s) may be the same selling/marketing through different channels.

OFFER DETAILS: You, and your spouse if married, must attend a 120-minute CLUB WYNDHAM timeshare sales presentation. Please read our Terms and Conditions to see if you meet the minimum eligibility requirements. Wyndham Extra Holidays is the marketing agent for this offer.

Transportation, gratuities, parking fees, resort security deposit, nightly room taxes ($22-$59), meals not specifically advertised and incidentals are not included. The retail value depends on room availability and travel dates selected. You must complete your stay within 12 months from date of purchase.

This offer is valid only for residents of the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY.

For NY Residents: The price range of interests offered varies from $11,800 - $92,700 and is subject to change without notice.

THE COMPLETE OFFERING TERMS ARE IN AN OFFERING PLAN AVAILABLE FROM THE DEVELOPER.

This advertising material is being used for the purpose of soliciting sales of timeshare interests.

CLUB WYNDHAM is a registered mark licensed to Wyndham Vacation Resorts, the offering developer.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Desert availability is back

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Another availability problem shows up on a TUG thread. Availability comes back. Not a bad thing.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Another availability problem shows up on a TUG thread. Availability comes back. Not a bad thing.
Kind of like magic, now you see it now you don't?

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I would guess all the excuses offered earlier were not actual truth. Hard to believe that many people cancelled their vacations all within a few minutes. :)

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I'm not convinced it is the new system and inventory isn't loaded.

I contend that WYN plays whatever games they please with the inventory. We saw this with the old system - for sure at Grand Desert and Bonnet Creek. They hold inventory back and then one day it's like Christmas - all kinds of inventory. Rarely can it be explained. WYN may not officially give good cause. Sometimes it's a maintenance issue or taking rooms offline for renovations. But sometimes they'll be no reason, the VC's make up stuff - they don't know why. And then one day... almost always, you'll see a flood of rooms.