• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Good trading week

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently have 2 OGS. One June 2017 through march 2018. Trying to hit either a week in June or a week in feb or march of 2018 And one for a specific week oct of 2018 at any Dvc resort.

Are you very specific with your June dates? How long has your search been running? I'm surprised you haven't received a match yet, because even my newer search hit pretty quickly. I am actually going to be cancelling a June match, so maybe it will match your OGS.

The key with the OGS requests for DVC is to put them in well in advance and to be flexible with date and resort. The fact that you have your Feb/March search running already is great. You will be very well-positioned to get a match to that, unless you only have excluded OKW and SSR from your search.

I also own resale Wyndham points and have had very good luck with getting DVC matches, even in the past two years since the deposit pattern changed. Here are the matches I've made fairly recently:

November 21, 2015 SSR 1 bedroom with 77,000 Wyndham points
March 4, 2016 SSR 1 bedroom with 105,000 Wyndham points
January 14, 2017 AKV 1 bedroom savanna view with 105,000 Wyndham points
March 3, 2017 OKW 1 bedroom with 105,000 Wyndham points
May 28, 2017 SSR 1 bedroom with 105,000 Wyndham points
June 3, 2017 SSR 1 bedroom with 105,000 Wyndham points (will be cancelling soon)

However, there were other DVC properties we wanted to try, so we finally caved and bought DVC points. Our goal was to use half and rent the other half to cover our MF. But this year, we went a bit overboard, so we didn't have quite as many points to rent. We still were able to cover most of our MF, but we had to chip in a little OOP. Still a great value for us. We bought resale points at BLT shortly before they changed the rules for resale buyers. We really love the combo of Wyndham points and DVC, but I have had my eye on an II week as well. Our Wyndham points originally traded in II, so I got used to the great inventory they had, and I miss it. I was most interested in Starwood originally, but now I'm not sure. I think we'll probably just keep what we have for now.

dansyr2514

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Ocean Blvd, Wyndham Seawatch, Wyndham Fairfield Ten
Are you very specific with your June dates? How long has your search been running? I'm surprised you haven't received a match yet, because even my newer search hit pretty quickly. I am actually going to be cancelling a June match, so maybe it will match your OGS.

The key with the OGS requests for DVC is to put them in well in advance and to be flexible with date and resort. The fact that you have your Feb/March search running already is great. You will be very well-positioned to get a match to that, unless you only have excluded OKW and SSR from your search.

I also own resale Wyndham points and have had very good luck with getting DVC matches, even in the past two years since the deposit pattern changed. Here are the matches I've made fairly recently:

November 21, 2015 SSR 1 bedroom with 77,000 Wyndham points
March 4, 2016 SSR 1 bedroom with 105,000 Wyndham points
January 14, 2017 AKV 1 bedroom savanna view with 105,000 Wyndham points
March 3, 2017 OKW 1 bedroom with 105,000 Wyndham points
May 28, 2017 SSR 1 bedroom with 105,000 Wyndham points
June 3, 2017 SSR 1 bedroom with 105,000 Wyndham points (will be cancelling soon)

However, there were other DVC properties we wanted to try, so we finally caved and bought DVC points. Our goal was to use half and rent the other half to cover our MF. But this year, we went a bit overboard, so we didn't have quite as many points to rent. We still were able to cover most of our MF, but we had to chip in a little OOP. Still a great value for us. We bought resale points at BLT shortly before they changed the rules for resale buyers. We really love the combo of Wyndham points and DVC, but I have had my eye on an II week as well. Our Wyndham points originally traded in II, so I got used to the great inventory they had, and I miss it. I was most interested in Starwood originally, but now I'm not sure. I think we'll probably just keep what we have for now.

The weeks in June are A little later and I didn't necessarily expect to hit since we just added that into the search within the last few months. If that hits we will be letting a friend of ours use that week . We bought some resale contracts that came loaded with points that we couldn't use that year so we deposited a bunch in RCI . Our main travel times to Disney are February/March and either October or early December. I generally choose to stay on Disney property because of being able to make fast passes earlier so we ended up renting points for this year in December because I was afraid I wouldn't hit the search . I do have all the resorts listed in the ongoing search . I am a little more hopeful that we would hit for February or March of next year .
Other than Dvc I honestly haven't seen much available on RCI that would be available when we are interested in going .
We are in no rush and are still considering buying a week to trade if we come across a good deal to use through interval. We have a small contract that we are thinking of unloading the end of this year. So one could just replace the other .
I would love to buy a DVC resale contract. Right now that is not in the cards because of the initial buy in price. Especially because we can generally rent the points we need for a reasonable price . Hopefully in a few years we can do some serious searching for a nice resale boardwalk contract . Thank you for all the info. It is much appreciated!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wondering if the "good" properties on interval are just as elusive?

Some are and some aren't. Marriott is not difficult especially in Orlando but with the tougher exchanges it's much easier with a Marriott deposit.

Prime weeks at Hyatt are not possible because they don't exist in Interval. Hyatt chooses the week that's deposited so for example they will never deposit a Spring Florida week. Shoulder or off-season is fairly easy.

This is assuming you are using a deposit with similar trading power.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
The weeks in June are A little later and I didn't necessarily expect to hit since we just added that into the search within the last few months. If that hits we will be letting a friend of ours use that week . We bought some resale contracts that came loaded with points that we couldn't use that year so we deposited a bunch in RCI . Our main travel times to Disney are February/March and either October or early December. I generally choose to stay on Disney property because of being able to make fast passes earlier so we ended up renting points for this year in December because I was afraid I wouldn't hit the search . I do have all the resorts listed in the ongoing search . I am a little more hopeful that we would hit for February or March of next year .
Other than Dvc I honestly haven't seen much available on RCI that would be available when we are interested in going .
We are in no rush and are still considering buying a week to trade if we come across a good deal to use through interval. We have a small contract that we are thinking of unloading the end of this year. So one could just replace the other .
I would love to buy a DVC resale contract. Right now that is not in the cards because of the initial buy in price. Especially because we can generally rent the points we need for a reasonable price . Hopefully in a few years we can do some serious searching for a nice resale boardwalk contract . Thank you for all the info. It is much appreciated!

October and early December will generally be a little tougher. Those are very popular for booking by DVC members. I have only had luck matching to an OGS in October once, and it was in 2013. February and March should be no problem. For several months, I kept a spreadsheet of matches to Disney. I may restart that effort. At the time, it looked like most weeks (other than right around Halloween) did eventually get matches to SSR, especially if the OGS was well-aged.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Some are and some aren't. Marriott is not difficult especially in Orlando but with the tougher exchanges it's much easier with a Marriott deposit.

Prime weeks at Hyatt are not possible because they don't exist in Interval. Hyatt chooses the week that's deposited so for example they will never deposit a Spring Florida week. Shoulder or off-season is fairly easy.

This is assuming you are using a deposit with similar trading power.

I've received a trade in interval into 2 br hyatts in new key west in February the last two years. Once using my summer 2 br New Hampshire week, the other using my Christmas week 1br Marco Island.

Marriotts in Orlando I've always been able to get. I just got a trade using my winter week studio at Longboat key for a 2 br next February.

None of my weeks have any interval designation. It shows high demand area with high demand time, trades well.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
My best trader for the money has always been Tree Tops Resort in Gatlinburg. The are well managed and increases to maintenance fees have been very modest through the years. They trade with both II and RCI. II seems to particularly like them, but I don't particularly like II, so I haven't let them have my weeks in several years. The resort was damaged in the recent Gatlinburg fires, but they are well on the way to rebuilding. Due to so many properties being damaged, I suspect the Tree Tops weeks will be even more valuable as traders. We haven't seen the bottom line on the insurance payments yet, but even if we have a small special assessment to cover part of it, we'll have a practically new resort.

Sheila

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've received a trade in interval into 2 br hyatts in new key west in February the last two years. Once using my summer 2 br New Hampshire week, the other using my Christmas week 1br Marco Island.

Marriotts in Orlando I've always been able to get. I just got a trade using my winter week studio at Longboat key for a 2 br next February.

None of my weeks have any interval designation. It shows high demand area with high demand time, trades well.

I don't have any experience with the Hyatt's in key west. Sorry for the misinfo. I was basing my comment on Coconut Plantation and Hyatt owner comments that they can't choose their deposits.

Orlando is extremely easy. Not quite like Mexico but easy enough. Today I booked nearly the entire summer back to back weeks. First at Sabal then at Grande Vista. Every exchange I made could be done with non-Marriott units. We are moving out of our house soon and will be "homeless" so it will be timeshares for the summer.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are moving out of our house soon and will be "homeless" so it will be timeshares for the summer.
Please do post on how your experience goes with that as I someday hope to do the same with booking about 3 or months straight in orlando timeshares whenever we are able to escape the ticking time bomb of a state that is Illinois!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please do post on how your experience goes with that as I someday hope to do the same with booking about 3 or months straight in orlando timeshares whenever we are able to escape the ticking time bomb of a state that is Illinois!

It seems you can do it in the summer with short notice but for the spring you will very likely need to plan further out. It is definitely doable but diligent planning and being able to move units or resorts helps.

In my situation I ended up needing the summer. We live here so I was alternatively looking for a rental. Getaways are either non-existent or too expensive. I have loads of deposits or "potential" deposits. DW and I decided that if our house sale falls through we will move out anyway because it will be easier to sell it that way.

I looked today to see what I could do fully expecting to move units and resorts. I was pleasantly surprised to find Sabal Palms (and probably Royal) available to book back to back for the entire summer except the week of July 4 which we already had planned. Last Fri I could have strung weeks together including July 4 at Cypress Harbour. We prefer Sabal in this situation because it is like an apartment within a much larger resort. I still have to go to work during this long "staycation". I exchanged 4 straight weeks into Sabal Palms. We will then head to St Augustine for one week at the state park camp ground. Then on to Hyatt Coconut Plantation for a week. Then back to Orlando for another 3 or 4 weeks at Grande Vista.

I may have hit a Marriott dump and gotten lucky. 4 of the 6 weeks I have right now are Marriott deposits. One thing you want to avoid is getting inside 60 days when value hunters use cheap methods to fetch premium inventory. This has decreased with Marriott exiting several budget programs. If you don't need Marriott then something is always available in Orlando.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own Wyndham points and a lot of fixed weeks that I trade thru RCI. I have better success in getting DVC thru Wyndham portal than with a TPU trader. (My weeks range all the way up to a recombined 75 TPU so there are no issues in the "size" of my exchangers.)

I do not do RCI points. But I find it fascinating that I can land a DVC thru Wyn portal, release it, never see it hit the RCI side, and rehit the same thing 2 days later on the Wyn portal.....

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
My absolute best trader has been my 1Br at Sheraton Broadway Plantation. It's the small 1Br which I believe is only 400sf or so but with MF after 12 years still only being $423, it's a great deal.

Plus I get Sheraton priority into such places as Harborside and all the Weston's. Have used it to trade into a ton of Marriotts also. Like I said, great trader.