• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gold Coast Real estate

kenczr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I received a call from a representative from Gold Coast Real estate from a 1-800 number. She is offering me to buy my timeshare because gold coast is looking to purchase Sunset resort property in Cancun Mexico. Is this legit? Appreciate your responses as always.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Hello everyone,
I received a call from a representative from Gold Coast Real estate from a 1-800 number. She is offering me to buy my timeshare because gold coast is looking to purchase Sunset resort property in Cancun Mexico. Is this legit? Appreciate your responses as always.
No--it sounds like many other similar cold calls that people have reported. Even if they promise no upfront fees required of you, at some point they'll come back & say there's some Mexican tax you have to pay before the funds can be released. Don't waste your time.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
And to expand on Karen's response, there is no buyer. It is all scam to get you to pay them money then they'll disappear.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Again, no legitimate broker cold-calls TS owners. It doesn't happen.
Even if they had a buyer, there'd be no reason to call someone who didn't list it.
There is simply no pot of gold. It's a total illusion.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Gold Coast Real Estate

New name - same SCAM

You can buy on ebay or TUG for $ 1 / why would anyone pay more
They are fishing for your wallet .

Value of this and many other timeshares is all in the use .
Use for a great vacation .

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a call from a representative from Gold Coast Real estate from a 1-800 number. She is offering me to buy my timeshare because....[fill in fairy tale details here].

As noted by others already, this is purely a scam, using the same old unconvincing lines to put big dollar signs in the eyes and mind of the call recipient.
In truth, no such unsolicited "cold call" from out of a clear blue sky (and from a completely unknown entity) is ever going to be legitimate.
Run away now --- before mention of the inevitable "requirement" for pre-payment of (mythical) title tax, flan fee, notary public or other such nonsense.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
+1 - Yep, Scam - they will charge your some bogus fees, and then disappear with your money.

travelerrene

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
sunset resorts, Sedona pines, hawaii
Just received a cold call from Gold Coast Realty, 1-800 number, and I asked for the address , located in New York so they said, nothing on google maps at that location. they wanted the usual - you want to sell timeshare info. I have already been scammed by International real estate solutions and west united services, so I am on the crusade to warn others of all the scam names as they call me.. do not send or wire money at all. it took them 3 months of what I call expert work and skill to get me. they were professional and I checked everything and everywhere. I wish more folks would blog and warn others. it was so hard to find and when I did it was too late. thanks for the chance to warn others.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish more folks would blog and warn others. it was so hard to find and when I did it was too late. thanks for the chance to warn others.

Actually, we have been doing that here on TUG for years. And to add to your warning, it does not matter what the outfit's name is. If it follows the criteria of a scam such as an unsolicited cold call and an offer to purchase from you (or sell your property) for way above market value, then it is a scam.

Now you might have a slim chance at some recourse by reporting this company to the Attorney-General of the state where this outfit is located. No guarantees but it might be worth a shot.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received a cold call from Gold Coast Realty, 1-800 number, and I asked for the address , located in New York so they said, nothing on google maps at that location. they wanted the usual - you want to sell timeshare info. I have already been scammed by International real estate solutions and west united services, so I am on the crusade to warn others of all the scam names as they call me.. do not send or wire money at all. it took them 3 months of what I call expert work and skill to get me. they were professional and I checked everything and everywhere. I wish more folks would blog and warn others. it was so hard to find and when I did it was too late. thanks for the chance to warn others.

You mention having fallen for such scams twice previously. The sad and unfortunate irony is that it might very well be the very same scammers in each instance, including the newest one; perhaps periodically changing names (but not m.o.), maybe even operating under multiple names simultaneously.

No offense or disrespect intended, but you are likely now on a "sucker list" and may very well receive these calls periodically. New names, same games.

The contrived company names are endless --- and almost irrelevant. The real message (it is perhaps "preaching to the choir" in these TUG forums) is to NEVER pay an upfront fee to ANYONE in the course of attempting to sell a timeshare. Sellers receive money, sellers don't pay money to buyers. Licensed broker commissions may be taken from funds from the buyer and already firmly in hand, but sellers do not pay out of pocket --- it's that simple.

Last edited: