• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Going To Vida Nuevo Vallarta

dmurray007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suitelife Vacations Club
Shell Vacations Club (American)
Viida Vacations Club (Grand Luxxe)
Going to Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta Mar.17th. Am a Vida owner (Grand Luxxe) but using an other time share we have. An thing we should besides not attending an owners update. Have received a call recently from I would presume membership services asking when we are planing to use our Grand Luxx week(s) Should I arrange to meet with membership services yah or nah?

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
From my experience:
- schedule and attend an owners update only if you meet all of the following conditions:
  1. You can handle high pressure sales, understand what you own, and know how to say no and mean it.
  2. You are interested in learning more and / or interested in negotiating / adding more if the offer is right.
  3. The offer to attend is worth the time on your vacation.
- Only schedule a time with Member Services if you have a contract issue to be resolved or that you don't understand. If you do have an issue, do meet them. They are good at resolving things fairly and they are good people to know. Note: you schedule to meet with them at their location - not the conceirge or the 'owner update' scheduler.

Mike

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We have the no pay unless you go option on our Grand Luxxe and were using an exchange at the Grand Mayan last November and chose not to go to the update/informational/sales presentation. They did not call us at all while we were there after we said no thank you at the check-in area. We will do the same this November when we are using an II Getaway. We love our GL units, but have no intention of adding more or larger units, so it is not worth the hassle for us. When we can snag a 2-bedroom GM for less than $500 including the Guest Fee, why would we want to spend time listening to them for 10% off what we spend at the restaurants? Even if they toss in a massage or 2, it is not worth it to us. Therefore, I would say Nay. (the one we did in 2014 was all about adding an additional 3 bedroom unit for close to the price of my new GMC Acadia's sticker price.)

dmurray007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suitelife Vacations Club
Thank you for the input, have no intention of attending an "owners update" but might like to see model of East Cape as it sounds interesting. As I said have received phone call from members service & an email asking when we plan on using our Grand Luxxe wk. Didn't use it in 2015 or 2016 because of health issues, which we now have a handle on. Don't mind talking to membership services if I can learn how to use our time share to our advantage. Do have some question so may set up a meeting, but the first mention of upgrade I am out if there with a few Quebic phrases thrown in for good measure (a the joys of being from a bilingual country)..

dmurray007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suitelife Vacations Club
I put this trip together at the last minute ( Fe. 13th.) after getting okay from Doctor. Used an other time share we have that had a Mayan Palace opening & checking airfare and flights all togther a good deal. I am like you Phylis, GM or GB if the price is right.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
To see the models, just go to the Grand Bliss around 2:00 (not much traffic up there then) and take the elevator that is in front of the bank of elevators. The models are on the 9th floor. There are only 3 buttons on this elevator - Only use 9th and Lobby. The other one is the Sales floor. :eek:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I agree with Phyllis . Also -the 9th floor has a great view so take a camera device .
The thread from Jan 30 2017 - Any Kingdom of Sun owners - started by pianoetudes :has info on the current models.

Vidanta Member Services is on the same floor as sales .They do require an appt . and I believe any appts are scheduled Mon- Friday
If you are unsure on any details of your contract and cannot find the original , Member Services will email you a PDF copy
It will take a few days .

PS - the phone call may have been from a " call group " within the Nuevo Vallarta reservations dept of Grupo Vidanta.

I received a call like that about 5 years ago and the caller was one of the first members of that team . I believe it has grown since then .
My understanding is that - the " hotel side " wants to keep occupancy levels growing , and existing member owners who have not visited in a few years are called . This has (IMO) nothing to due with sales or upgrades - just hotel occupancy .
If you go on vacation to a Vidanta resort and check in & then book a owner presentation via the "hostess"- (former wrist band) staff - then sales is involved .

IMO - the TS sales structure group is totally separate from the hotel management group at Vidanta .
Member Services is the keeper and adjudicator of contracts

All 3 report to top management , but each is separate in - "team / group " management .

Last edited:

dmurray007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suitelife Vacations Club
I agree with Phyllis . Also -the 9th floor has a great view so take a camera device .
The thread from Jan 30 2017 - Any Kingdom of Sun owners - started by pianoetudes :has info on the current models.

Vidanta Member Services is on the same floor as sales .They do require an appt . and I believe any appts are scheduled Mon- Friday
If you are unsure on any details of your contract and cannot find the original , Member Services will email you a PDF copy
It will take a few days .

PS - the phone call may have been from a " call group " within the Nuevo Vallarta reservations dept of Grupo Vidanta.

I received a call like that about 5 years ago and the caller was one of the first members of that team . I believe it has grown since then .
My understanding is that - the " hotel side " wants to keep occupancy levels growing , and existing member owners who have not visited in a few years are called . This has (IMO) nothing to due with sales or upgrades - just hotel occupancy .
If you go on vacation to a Vidanta resort and check in & then book a owner presentation via the "hostess"- (former wrist band) staff - then sales is involved .

IMO - the TS sales structure group is totally separate from the hotel management group at Vidanta .
Member Services is the keeper and adjudicator of contracts

All 3 report to top management , but each is separate in - "team / group " management .

dmurray007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suitelife Vacations Club
Think you might be right, the call may have been from reservation dept. Have emailed Rousar? giving her info on our up coming stay (dates) and suggested that she could contact me the 1st. work day that we are there and set up an appointment, also made it be know that I was only available at certain times (there to soak up the sun and relax). I have no desire to interact with the sales staff. and will make that very plain when we are checking in.