• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gluten Free The Best Food Finds even if your not gluten free

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I must eat gluten free or I get sick. When traveling I usually have no problem finding something to eat but many times it's just boring or so so.

I decided to start this thread to share the best of the best gluten free food finds when traveling. Please share your finds too. These are finds that taste like the real thing, yes I remember. So here it goes...

Visited Kennebunk, Maine this past week, my favorites in the area are:

Allison's Restaurant, Kennebunkport, ME- gluten free menu- 11 Dock Square
Lobster Roll and potato salad, the lobster filling is all lobster and potato salad both exceptional, the roll is udi. I wrote a review and recommended using a local gluten free roll that is superior and they will be looking into it.

Jonathan's, Ogunquit, ME-gluten free menu-92 Bourne Lane
Lobster, had in a few places, this was the only place that cooked it properly, smashed potatoes, serves GF rolls with your meal

Duffy's, Kennebunk, ME - gluten free menu - 4 Main Street
Margarita Pizza (best pizza crust I ever had, nice and thin, for a moment I got scared it wasn't gluten free, see below, tracked down brand)

AllerGeena Gluten Free Baked Goods, www.AllerGeena.com, best of these types I ever had
Go to website to see what restaurants and stores carry products. I contacted the owner and purchased a commercial amount of pizza crust to bring back home and put in my freezer as Allergeena is a local company only. It was so good I would invest in this company if it ever went national.
Breads, rolls, whoopie pie, Pizza crust

Bam Bam Bakery, Portland, ME-the whole store is gluten free
Bakery goods, meals to go, you don't know where to look, beautiful setup.
These are the ones that were great, just like I remember growing up in New York.
Key lime pie, cinnamon bun, almond horn with chocolate on ends

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out freezer section of Whole Foods and some of the large grocery chain for Udis Gluten-free French Baguette (2 rolls in one packet). I cut each baguette into 4 and spread a mix of butter, fresh garlic and parsley. Bake at 400 degrees F for 14 minutes. They taste fantastic. My non-gluten sensitive friends request that I make this for them each time we host dinner.

I also buy Canyon Bakehouse bread - I have their cinnamon raisin bread every morning with peanut butter (Santa Cruz brand) and flax seeds.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
My daughter who has Celiac Disease thinks Udi's is the best.

Sinfully Gluten Free is an excellent source in Dayton.

Yelp is a good source for info and http://glutenfreeohio.com/ covers a lot of places in Ohio.

Cheers

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Supposedly, the first thing Amazon did when they took over Whole Foods was to drop prices. Reportedly that happened. The question in my mind is why didn't Whole Foods do that? Of course, the answer was to make profits. I find this disgusting. The same is done with diabetics. Food stores charge excessive amounts for gluten free and sugar free products just so they can enhance their bottom line. This same is done with prescription medicines.

I understand capitalism but i also understand using the market to ARTIFICALLY increase prices. Some of thes corporations have no Social Conscience. Historically we never had this attempt to screw your fellow human. That is why many state passed usury laws and why the Puritans exiled those who made money for money sake rather than as a consequence of just being prudent and thrifty. Benjamin Franklin said "a penny saved is a penny earned." He never said save pennies by screwing others.

It was the robber barrons that said make money for money's sake at any cost. So flood the rivers with industrial waste as long as you don't live by the river. Who cares what happens to those who drink from it? This is what we have generated- pathetic. We need to have corporations operate with a social conscience not to idolize "Greed" as memorialized in Michael Douglas' Wall Street speech.

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My Australian friend has Celiac and swears by both PF Chang's gluten-free menu and Chipotle's when she travels the globe.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
Supposedly, the first thing Amazon did when they took over Whole Foods was to drop prices. Reportedly that happened. The question in my mind is why didn't Whole Foods do that? Of course, the answer was to make profits. I find this disgusting. The same is done with diabetics. Food stores charge excessive amounts for gluten free and sugar free products just so they can enhance their bottom line. This same is done with prescription medicines.

I understand capitalism but i also understand using the market to ARTIFICALLY increase prices. Some of thes corporations have no Social Conscience. Historically we never had this attempt to screw your fellow human. That is why many state passed usury laws and why the Puritans exiled those who made money for money sake rather than as a consequence of just being prudent and thrifty. Benjamin Franklin said "a penny saved is a penny earned." He never said save pennies by screwing others.

It was the robber barrons that said make money for money's sake at any cost. So flood the rivers with industrial waste as long as you don't live by the river. Who cares what happens to those who drink from it? This is what we have generated- pathetic. We need to have corporations operate with a social conscience not to idolize "Greed" as memorialized in Michael Douglas' Wall Street speech.
Amazon accomplished something else along with lowering prices at Whole Foods. They got a ton of free advertising and have given benefits to existing customers who may not have ever shopped at Whole Foods. Also, there isn't always a direct relationship between lowering prices and increasing sales. People don't shop at Whole Foods to save money.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Amazon accomplished something else along with lowering prices at Whole Foods. They got a ton of free advertising and have given benefits to existing customers who may not have ever shopped at Whole Foods. Also, there isn't always a direct relationship between lowering prices and increasing sales. People don't shop at Whole Foods to save money.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
I have shopped at whole foods for years. If you shopped wisely there are some great deals, my favorite, key west frozen shrimp. I did notice the packaging, price and quality was much better in South Carolina then when I visited New Jersey. Like anywhere else you have to know your prices to know the good deals.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My daughter who has Celiac Disease thinks Udi's is the best.

Sinfully Gluten Free is an excellent source in Dayton.

Yelp is a good source for info and http://glutenfreeohio.com/ covers a lot of places in Ohio.

Cheers
Udi's is very good. I use it too but once you try Allergeena, you notice the difference and that it is a superior quality. Being Allisons restaurants food is fresh made, the local made Allergeena roll would be a better choice versus a grocery roll.