• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Global Golf Connections, anybody has used them? [Mayan Palace]

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, having much experience in the Grand Mayan system, what is in the contract is honored. You do not have to rescind; you just have to make sure what was told and what you are acceptable with is in the signed contract and addenda.

From his (or her) comments, I believe the OP is fully aware of that fact and worked out an acceptable deal. A few years back, I spent several half days negotiating what I wanted. Member Services (not the idiot sales people) will negotiate in good faith.

I don't share with anyone what I negotiated; its nobody's business, Besides, if I got a deal better than others, than they would feel bad; if they got a better deal, I would feel bad. lose-lose situation.

The important point is TT-Tex learned from us and resolved the issue.

Mike

When we exchanged into the Grand Luxxe in February we met quite a few Grand Luxxe owners. They told us some interesting stories:

1. One family owned at the Grand Luxxe but because they only owned one week they could not get the week they desired. So, they were staying at the Grand Mayan and were able to use the ammenities of the Grand Luxxe. Why would you spend the money to own at the Grand Luxxe if you could not stay there?
2. We met a couple who own 4 Grand Luxxe weeks. They tried to book any two consecutive January or February 2013 weeks. They were told that there was no availability. They were very angry.
3. The couples who we met who were able to book their desired weeks and raved about the company all owned in excess of 6 weeks.

We thought the property was wonderful--we will not buy into it--we will just exchange. We have a reserved exchange mfor November 2013 in NuevoVallarta.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
When we exchanged into the Grand Luxxe in February we met quite a few Grand Luxxe owners. They told us some interesting stories:

1. One family owned at the Grand Luxxe but because they only owned one week they could not get the week they desired. So, they were staying at the Grand Mayan and were able to use the ammenities of the Grand Luxxe. Why would you spend the money to own at the Grand Luxxe if you could not stay there?
2. We met a couple who own 4 Grand Luxxe weeks. They tried to book any two consecutive January or February 2013 weeks. They were told that there was no availability. They were very angry.
3. The couples who we met who were able to book their desired weeks and raved about the company all owned in excess of 6 weeks.

We thought the property was wonderful--we will not buy into it--we will just exchange. We have a reserved exchange mfor November 2013 in NuevoVallarta.

Easy availability is indeed the biggest issue for owners and my biggest gripe; a huge problem is the company dumps units into the rental market; I complain every time I go down. Will do so again next week at my update meeting. This practice certainly devalues ownership.

That said; we only have one week and have really never had a problem getting a Luxxe reservation. We had a prime week last year in February and have a week in March in 2013. However, you have to plan ahead and book in the first days of the time window. Indeed if you snooze, you lose.

We also frequently downgrade on purpose to the Grand Bliss and the Grand Mayan as you get all the golf and other amenities plus more units. e.g. Our GL villa will give us a 2 bedroom suite and a 1 bedroom suite in the Grand Bliss which we can use at the same time, consecutively, or at different times. For us, that is a good deal. In fact, we actually like the Grand Bliss units in Nuevo just as much as the Luxxe; it is a spectacular resort in its own right.

IMHO, the value of something often depends very much on how one chooses to look at it.

Mike

Feliciaann32

Reaction score
Global golf connections

So has anyone ever used global golf connections? I would love to hear a positive or negative experience. I'm thinking of registering! :) thx

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
So has anyone ever used global golf connections? I would love to hear a positive or negative experience. I'm thinking of registering! :) thx
Oh, really. Did you not read the first few posts in this thread?

Feliciaann32

Reaction score
Some ppl mentioned they rent easily, but it seems like they did it another way. I didn't read a post where anyone said that they actually tried, seemed like all opinions.