*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Give back your timeshare

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by blackadder, Nov 24, 2011.

1. blackadder

blackadder TUG Member

We are new to forums and not sure of the etiquette. We wish to off load one of our timeshare weeks and have spoken to Give Back Timeshare.com and Transfer Service Direct Ltd. We would appreciate any feedback from TUG members who have had any dealings, either successful or not, with these companies or any others.

2. pjrose

pjrose Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

If they are charging you an upfront fee, JUST SAY NO. At most they will advertise, but probably you'll be stuck with it and the maintenance fees, and out the money you paid.

Put it on the TUG marketplace or TUG Bargain Deals for a very cheap price, or contact your timeshare company and see if you can deed it back to them. I did this successfully for a $100 transfer fee directly back to the resort...didn't mind paying the $100 b/c I knew it was legitimate.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  3. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Please consider giving your timeshare away to a private individual who would like to own it, before you spend a cent with a company like this.

Why?
    -You can give it away yourself for nearly no cost.
    -You can control the transfer process to make sure it is truly transferred out of your name.
    -You won't have to deal with companies that may or may not be Legit.
    -You can transfer it to a private individual who will be happy to have it for their own use.
    -You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you ended your ownership legally and ethically.

There are two places on TUG where you can give away your TS's for free (no charge for the Ads.) There are other cheap and free sites on the internet, as well.

TUG Marketplace - the only cost is your TUG membership - $15 (List it for $1 and it will automatically go in the Bargain Basement Ads.)

Bargain Deals - Totally FREE! - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. In your post, include the following info.:
    -resort name
    -unit size
    -season owned
    -maintenance fee
    -current reservations​

To make it more attractive I would:

1) Pay 2011/12 maintenance fees and don't ask for reimbursement.

2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple deed preparation with no escrow or title search for about $100.) Many people have used Tugger TTT (Alan) at Time Travel Traders for this service in the past, but he is retired and is referring most business to Lisa Short for this service - 1.706.969.8906 readylegal@gmail.com Lisa has been receiving good reviews on TUG.

3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2012 for the new owner ​

Good luck!

4. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

There is no reason why you cannot:

-- Deal directly with your TS resort management to see if they do take-backs; or

-- List it yourself on TUG classifieds or bargain-basement (see the sub-forum here), or list it as a seller on eBay or Redweek, for a nominal fee.

All for thousands less than what the scam-artists will charge you for doing nothing and accomplishing nothing.

5. desert oasis

desert oasis Guest

Thanks Denise, your post was really helpful.
    I was feeling duanted about dealing with a transfer myself because I'm in UK & my timeshare is subject to US law but I'll try following your suggestions.

BTW, there seems to be a link between Give Back Timeshare and TimeshareLuxury. I've been in touch with TimeshareLuxury & had emails from different employees, whose email addresses were XXX@timeshareluxury.com.
    After watching a presentation by TimeshareLuxury yesterday I was contacted by one of their Consumer Advisers, whose email was XXX@GIVEBACKTIMESHARE.com !!
    TimeshareLuxury use Timeshare Closing Services Inc to hold the funds in escrow. The TCS website shows their address as 8545 Commodity Circle, Orlando, Florida.
    In the Escrow Transfer Agreement, # 9 states ..."TimeshareLuxury.com agrees to accept this amount as consideration for TimeshareLuxury.com's (a) consulting services regarding the market conditions in the secondary timeshare market, (b) obligation to retain and pay all costs and fees associated with the Transfer of the Client's Timeshare(s) as described in the Timeshare Worksheet(s), (c) assigning a Carefree Journeys' Membership and (d) all other obligations referenced herein. Client acknowledges that, in consideration for the trade-in of the Timeshare Interest(s) and payment above, Client has been given, with no obligation, an optional membership which is dormant until activated by client in Carefree Journeys, LLC (which is registered with the State of Florida as a Seller of Travel – Registration No. ST36581) and that this may be stated as consideration for the Transfer as required by the resort to complete the Transfer." (my highlight)
    When I went to Carefree Journeys' website I noticed that the logo in the tab was the same as the logo in the Timeshare Closure Services tab and can you guess the address for Carefree Journeys - 8545 Commodity Circle, Suite 125, Orlando, FL - sound familiar?
    Carefree Journeys charge an annual membership fee of $99 and there is a $599 fee to transfer membership to a 3rd party.

I don't think I'll be doing business with TimeshareLuxury.