• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gay friendly timeshare resorts

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
also consider locations like San Fran

I don't really care about the alt. lifestyle aspect, but I've found San Fran is impossible to get. My Key West week is certainly a "tiger trader" but so far no luck. II never spits back any availability. Is SFO one of those places you just have to request, waitlist and pray?

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because he sent me a PM making one of his smart aleck comments, and he referenced this thread. He has sent me several rude PM's using several different names. He has used vacationdude, eric c, and now just plain old eric. I feel sure he will PM me again in the future with a new "guest name". He either loves me or hates me, but either way he loves to send me private messages.

Is "he" married to gin gin?

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't really care about the alt. lifestyle aspect, but I've found San Fran is impossible to get. My Key West week is certainly a "tiger trader" but so far no luck. II never spits back any availability. Is SFO one of those places you just have to request, waitlist and pray?

Are you in II or RCI? I think RCI has more San Fran availability than Interval does.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've found San Fran is impossible to get. My Key West week is certainly a "tiger trader" but so far no luck. II never spits back any availability. Is SFO one of those places you just have to request, waitlist and pray?
A few years ago I got an excellent trade to SF (Xmas week at the Donatello) thru DAE. At the time, they seemed to get frequent deposits, relatively - don't know whether that's still the case. You can request first with them, and since you can also do that with II, you could give your week to whoever gets you the exchange first.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
SFX definitely gets more exchanges into San Francisco than the big companies. (It's in their name--the San Francisco Exchange Company!) If you have a week they will accept, give them a try.

http://www.sfx-resorts.com/

RIMike

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not so worried about the TS itself...but the larger community

I would not be so worried about the TS itself but the larger community in which the TS is located. For instance, Escapes in Alabama might be just fine towards gay people, but the great majority of people in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Alabama are not very accomodating to Gay people.

Whereas, in KW nobody cares if a person is gay or not....

Some locations LGBT travels need to be more careful than others. Jamaica is VERY antigay and I would not recommend it to any LGBT members!

Last edited:

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sure there have been many more situations where heterosexual men have "hit on" female resort staff:rolleyes:

May well be, but the board never heard complaints about those, if they happened.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Getting Around T. U. G. - B. B. S. Exile.

Sorry, gin-gin was a long term member here a few years back who was banned for similar behavior.
So, how hard is it to slide past a TUG-BBS ban ?

I mean, can't anyone just change Internet companies & pick a new user name, then sign up all over again via some totally new made-up identity ?

Not exactly rocket surgery, eh ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Steve

Reaction score
Let's get back on track...

So, how hard is it to slide past a TUG-BBS ban ?

I mean, can't anyone just change Internet companies & pick a new user name, then sign up all over again via some totally new made-up identity ?

Not exactly rocket surgery, eh ?

Alan,

While it is possible to get around a BBS ban here at TUG, we have ways of detecting those who do so. However, it's a hassle for those of us who volunteer our time to help keep TUG a pleasant and informative place to visit on the web.

I'm not sure what the point of your post is. Are you trying to encourage people to create more bogus screen names, post more antagonizing topics, and create more work for the volunteers? Posts like this are not only completely off the topic of the thread, they are not helpful.

If you have something to contribute regarding the topic of gay friendly timeshares, then please don't hesitate to post it in this thread. If you have further questions about the workings of the BBS, please contact me or one of the other volunteers via private message.

Steve
TUG Moderator

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Nobody's Perfect.

I'm not sure what the point of your post is.
Just wondering whether banning folks has any lasting effect.

As for me, I try to play by the rules & not ruffle any feathers needlessly.

Sometimes that works out, sometimes it doesn't.

So it goes.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have something to contribute regarding the topic of gay friendly timeshares, then please don't hesitate to post it in this thread.

There's several of us holding our breath, waiting for Alan's reply post on this matter...

:hysterical:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

You should use SFX, San Francisco Exchange Company, for your trade to San Francisco. It was about the only thing I could get through them, after requesting Maui for a huge span of time, which they couldn't do for me. Now I have a wasted Platinum Membership, but hey, if I want San Francisco, they're the best.