TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Future Vidanta Grand Bliss - model open (2017)- Puerto Vallarta Marina

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by T-Dot-Traveller, Mar 18, 2017 at 7:59 PM.

1. T-Dot-Traveller

T-Dot-Traveller TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mayan Palace Regency
    We stayed at the Mayan Palace Puerto Vallarta - Marina location in February 2017

There is a Grand Bliss Model being shown / with presentations for a future build at the PV - Marina . This would be Vidanta's third Grand Bliss location .

The model is on the marina side of the property , on the land where there once was a Sea Garden that was torn down about 15 years ago , and was damaged in the 1995 earthquake .

The model is accessed through a white wrought iron gate that is across the street from the MP driveway . A landscaped walkway takes you down to the one story model building that is on the marina waterway .

I did my own self guided tour on a Sunday morning .

There are now TS sales staff on location at the MP PV for tours to internationals ( ie . Americans & Canadians) for the first time in about 10 years . (The past few years I have seen Mexican Nationale Sales but not International.) I would estimate there are 2- 4 sales staff on a Sunday .
    When built - I understand it will be 6 stories . I would estimate a completion date after the Cirque NV theme park opens . THis would perhaps put it in 2019. Owners are aware that Vidanta build /completion dates are never set in stone .

Some may remember in the early 2000's that there was once signage for a Grand Mayan on this lot . (Before my time but I read about the signage in a legacy TUG thread) Vidanta then decided to built multiple GM 's in Nuevo and left this lot empty and their PV -Marina location as Mayan Palace only - with currently about 200 suites / rooms.

FYI - the bar/club at the far end of the lobby area of the MP PV is currently closed for renovations - and should reopen later this spring.

MP - PV - Marina has been increasingly popular with long time Vidanta owners due to the smaller scale of the resort . February weeks have been harder to get at the 6 month ARP booking window .
    Vidanta has owned this land for over 30 years / back to the Vidafel days ,and adding capacity to the location makes sense . They will probably have to do a golf cart shuttle from the Grand Bliss to the beach area , for use by some members who have mobility constraints for distance walking .

We bought onsite at MP PV - Marina , and it remains our favourite Vidanta property .

PS - (the MF on use only addendum , after year 5 - was what hooked me / I had not found TUG or heard of resale at the time )

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017 at 1:28 AM
  2. rpennisi

rpennisi Guest

We first stayed at the MP marina in 2002. Interestingly, at that time the lobby of the Sea Garden was still there, furniture and all. They had those large couches like the ones at the Sea Garden in NV. Everything was dusty, but intact. This was almost 15 years ago (summer of 2002). We did a tour of the NV complex (did not buy) which was a small fraction of the present complex.

3. pittle

pittle TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe
    Buganvilias Sky Suites
    Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay
    There was a water park right bedside the Sea Garden in November 2002 and you could walk along a sidewalk from the MP to it under the bridge. Our family went to MP PV that year and we used the lazy river & kiddie park area - our almost 3 year-old grandson loved it! The large slides were damaged by the hurricane that wiped out many resorts in late October or early November that year. We were pleasantly surprised that we could still go. Many resorts were closed for a long time.

I would rather stay there than the MP NV because the units are the same, but you cannot beat the location! :)

Thanks for the info on the GB. When they first said they were going to put a GM in the old Sea Garden space, I was skeptical because you do not have any ocean views, golf course, spa, etc - the amenities that you expect at that level of Mayan World properties. But, now I am thinking that location might just make up for those things.

4. Pizza67

Pizza67 TUG Member

As a GB owner, I like this news. :thumbup: Thanks for the update!

5. T-Dot-Traveller

T-Dot-Traveller TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mayan Palace Regency

Hi Phyllis,
    I think it could have been a legacy post of yours that mentioned the Grand Mayan signage on the lot .

Our first visit to Puerto Vallarta & MP PV -Marina was Feb. 2006 .
    I did not realize that the water park continued after the Vidafel PV Marina Sea Garden was closed .( per your post & Ron's info above it ) I believe the Mayan Palace building with the front desk was built in 1998 ,based on a wall signage near the bell boy area .

I think the PV - Marina location is important to some owners / and the land was paid for a long time ago
    I also think Vidanta is listening to long time owners who have voiced the opinion that Nuevo's size is not their preferred resort scale / footprint .

Making it a Grand Bliss - gives existing GB & GL owners another location, and allows hotel management to add reservation openings at a very popular location with retired snowbird owners
    who stay for more than a week (or two) .

It also allows sales to potentially up sell any Mayan Palace or Grand Mayan owners who's primary reason for not buying up the brand ladder is:
    that they do not see themselves staying in Nuevo or RM / rather than a financial reason.
    (Up sell an existing owner - never a bad thing - if your Vidanta )

Your grandson is turning 18 (?) soon - hope he still likes water parks .
    You can all go as a family when the Cirque theme park opens in Nuevo .

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 1:15 AM
  6. MuranoJo

MuranoJo TUG Member

We got our resale Elite membership in July '02 and spent Spring Break '03 at the MP PV location. We loved it--ocean view and easy access to inexpensive buses to go wherever. At the time, we ran into a couple of gals who were from the UK and they ended up joining us for various dinners in PV throughout the week. They were in the Sea Garden across the street and weren't too happy with that as they claimed they had an exchange into the MP ocean side and got bumped.

Anyway, the Lazy River over at Sea Garden was closed and dried out Spring of '03--I remember looking at it and thinking it was a shame--I would have loved to give it a try.

T-Dot-Traveller likes this.
  7. rpennisi

rpennisi Guest

Jo,
    I guess when we went to MP PV in the summer of 2002, the Sea Garden was closed for that season. I thought only the reception area was still there. I do remember a sign about a future GM to be built. If you were there in the spring of 03, and knew folks staying in the Sea Garden, that must have been the case.

T-Dot-Traveller likes this.
  8. pittle

pittle TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe
    Buganvilias Sky Suites
    Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay
    This is one of my favorite pictures of Cameron - it was my screen saver for a long time. It was taken at the water park by the Marina Sea Garden Thanksgiving week 2002.
    [​IMG]

Here he is with his parents.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

T-Dot-Traveller and RNCollins like this.
  9. MuranoJo

MuranoJo TUG Member

It's quite likely they were closed that Summer of '02, because the gals from the UK said their rooms were 'iffy' the following March '03. They may have opened it just for the high-demand Spring Break time. (We had to go during Spring Break because DH was a teacher.)

10. MuranoJo

MuranoJo TUG Member

And if they only knew the great adventures that would await them at your future trips!
    Seriously, that looks like so much fun for all of you and great photos!