• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Future Looks Bleak for Former LV Hilton (now LVH)

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought some of you would appreciate this article.

If the new company can't even come up with the dough to pay for a new sign and fix code violations, just makes me wonder if the former LV Hilton will follow the Sahara anytime soon. Would not be a nice sight for those who like the Karen Street Club (my own former home resort that we liked very much).

Here's the article from the LV Sun.

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears that a lot of people no not want to stay off strip. I wonder what they thought when they bought a property without money to pay for known repairs?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Misread the post. Deleting...

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Thought some of you would appreciate this article.

If the new company can't even come up with the dough to pay for a new sign and fix code violations, just makes me wonder if the former LV Hilton will follow the Sahara anytime soon. Would not be a nice sight for those who like the Karen Street Club (my own former home resort that we liked very much).

Here's the article from the LV Sun.
If the Las Vegas Hotel closes its doors, would the monorail station remain open? I know the Sahara station is still open after that hotel closed, but I wonder how many riders actually use that station. I could see them wanting to close the last two stations on the line.

And what about the LV Convention Center? I know it is attached to the LVH, but is it a separate property? Seems like there would still be demand for the convention center, but if the hotel closes, I'm sure organizers will think twice before booking a convention or meeting there.

Kurt

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the convention center crowd is perhaps the only thing that is allowing the doors to remain open.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sounds like the convention center and hotel are the same thing because they mentioned in the article needeing a half million or so for new carpet in the convention center.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are two convention centers...one attached to the hotel and then the actual convention center next door. Some of the larger shows (like CES) use both venues together for their shows.

SeattleKnitChick

TUG Member
Reaction score
ugh. The Karen Street is our home resort (although we've never stayed there). What do you think this could mean for us?

Seth Nock

Reaction score
There is no reason for the property to shut down. Goldman Sacks will complete the foreclosure process and then will need to decide whether to run it or sell it. It is just not worth what was owed on it and the investors walked away from their investment. If Goldman Sacks runs it, I am sure they will do a good job at it. If they sell it, the new owner would have it at a much lower cost basis and should be able to run it at a profit. Hilton withdrew its name because of the decrease in quality. If improvements are made, they can revisit renewing their contract.