• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Westin St. John

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Icydog!
I can't find a way to delete my posts that have my phone #.
So, I guess I'm stuck getting spam and junk. ( I get it anyway)
Thanks for your advice.
I do like St. John. I've just been going there for sooo long!
I've read on the internet that the their is a lawsuit against the USVI government for what some call this "Sin Tax" $25. Per day.
Because we are property owners and pay property tax, this fee is an unreasonable burden on time share owners.
Do you really want to give this timeshare, that you use yearly, away? I'm confused.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Week 24 Studio in VGV Phase
MF = $1,386
SO = 44,000

There is also a VSN fee ($140) if this is 1st VSE week
Also - Property Tax (I pay $150 for week 24 2Bd TH in VGV)
Also - $175 week ($25/day) for 'Sin' tax for everyone

Hi Henry - I totally understand you pain. I just saw this thread - we were there week 23 and 24. Too bad we couldn't have met up. We had a great 2 weeks - beautiful weather for most part (except Mon-Tue of week 24). If you haven't yet - check out WSJ thread on Vistana forum.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...r-thread-part-2-june-2014-and-forward.213071/

Re: Sin tax ('Environmental Fee') - I totally agree with you and your feelings/actions are what I predicted and fear. VGV phase is in trouble if this Fee is not reversed because the low season studios will default, then will fall from there as the delinquent MFs will fall on the HOA (higher and higher MFs). I think there is a good chance that the TS part of the Fee will be successfully challenged based on it's imbalance between low and high occupancy villas. For example - the same $25/day fee applies to a 4-person occupancy and a 10/12-person occupancy and it is intended to offset environmental impact (right...) YET... a high-occupancy villa has same Fee when they have more enviromental impact that 4-person villa (e.g. VGV studio). ZERO SENSE and IMO hard to defend. Hopefully the Courts will agree.

We pay $150/week in Property Tax (where this cost should be captured) - and now $175/week on top of this?
People like yourself (studio owners) are going to walk away when they find out that there beautiful TS weeks are now valueless (because of MF+PropTax+VSE Fee+SinTax) - not too mention all drinks have increased by $1... [Case of good beer went from $40 to $52]. This may collapse quickly - hopefully overturned before it is too late.

btw - Renters of non-TS villas are supposed to be subjected to a 14% USVI tax.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
We sold out Bluebeard's Castle STT USVI timeshare a couple years ago, er gave it away for $500 plus closing costs. Recently used the USVI property tax search site and see the new owners of our fixed week are now paying less then 1/2 of what we'd been paying in property taxes since we bought in the 80's! So as timeshares change owners in the USVI looks to me from that the tax $ collection from owners is going to take a downward direction as they are not worth what someone paid if bought from the developer. When they introduced the $25/day SinTax it was a sad day and won't begin to fix their problems imho.

We pay $150/week in Property Tax (where this cost should be captured) - and now $175/week on top of this?
People like yourself (studio owners) are going to walk away when they find out that there beautiful TS weeks are now valueless (because of MF+PropTax+VSE Fee+SinTax) - not too mention all drinks have increased by $1... [Case of good beer went from $40 to $52]. This may collapse quickly - hopefully overturned before it is too late.

btw - Renters of non-TS villas are supposed to be subjected to a 14% USVI tax.