• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE Vacation Village Mizner Place Weston FL

Maria48

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mizner Place at Weston Town Center
For FREE, a beautiful timeshare in sunny Florida! Mizner Place is just outside Ft. Lauderdale, and it has all the shopping, golf, and fine dining you could ever want! 35 minutes to the beautiful beach, 1 hr to bustling Miami, yet situated in calm and peaceful Weston FL. This unit is also available to trade in the Resort Condominiums International or Interval International timeshare vacation exchange programs, so you can trade your week for other times/locations around the world (You have to join RCI or II for a fee though).

Stats on the timeshare:

Week: Oct 22-29, week 43, every other year. First available Oct 22-29 2018, then 2020, 2022, etc…

Unit: 2 bedroom, 2nd floor, swimming pool, fitness center and recreation areas plus covered parking.

Fees & taxes: $836 every other year. Due next in 2018

Mortgage: None, paid off, owned free and clear. Have deed in hand.

Seller will pay the closing costs and transfer fees. Buyer will be responsible for 2018, 2020, etc.... Maintenance Fees.

Maria48

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is a beautiful pic of the resort and main pool area.

b1.jpg

Maria48

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Stay safe everyone, hope Irma will diminish quickly and not cause too much damage and loss of life :(

Maria48

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My heart goes out to all those that had to deal with this natural disaster. We wish you a safe and speedy recovery! Thanks to all the public service workers everywhere and our great disaster planning, it's you who deserve the most recognition. We will stand together as Americans and help each other recover.

Maria48

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can anyone offer me some advice?

It seems nobody wants to take this TS from me, and I don't want it any longer. The resort will take it back but I have to pay $875 maint fee for 2018, and $750 surrender fee. This hardly seems worth it. I am thinking about writing them a letter and telling them that I am abandoning this unit. I know I will get hit with collections for the maintenance fees, but I own everything I have and don't really need credit anymore, so that's not a big deal. If I send them my deed, can I be done with this?

Thanks for the advice!

Maria.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Can anyone offer me some advice?

It seems nobody wants to take this TS from me, and I don't want it any longer. The resort will take it back but I have to pay $875 maint fee for 2018, and $750 surrender fee. This hardly seems worth it. I am thinking about writing them a letter and telling them that I am abandoning this unit. I know I will get hit with collections for the maintenance fees, but I own everything I have and don't really need credit anymore, so that's not a big deal. If I send them my deed, can I be done with this?

Thanks for the advice!

Maria.
$1625 where not cheap, is not a lot to get out of a timeshare cleanly, without headaches. Whereas you can just let them foreclose and take the credit hit by abandoning it, do you really want that. It can affect more then just credit....job applications, utility down payments if you move, etc., being you are paying the 2018 maintenance fee, will they let you use a week in 2018, if so you can rent to offset costs.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are some other ideas before abandoning:
--Post the TPUs it gets in RCI, or what trades you've gotten with it from II in the past (if you've ever traded it.)
--Is it a true fixed-week resort, or can you trade internally for other weeks at the same resort or within the Vacation Villages system?
--Consider paying the transfer fee and maybe even some or all of the the 2018 usage...so folks are getting a free week, and then won't have to pay again until 2020.
--It is certainly worth calling the HOA president and see if they will take a deed in lieu of foreclosure, but doing at least the first two steps above will increase your chances of finding someone new to adopt it. (And keep coming back each week to "bump" this thread to the top of the board.)

Maria48

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
$1625 where not cheap, is not a lot to get out of a timeshare cleanly, without headaches. Whereas you can just let them foreclose and take the credit hit by abandoning it, do you really want that. It can affect more then just credit....job applications, utility down payments if you move, etc., being you are paying the 2018 maintenance fee, will they let you use a week in 2018, if so you can rent to offset costs.

Thanks for the input. This unit is paid off in full, there is no mortgage, so that means there is nothing to foreclose on, correct? Maybe for you, but $1625 IS a lot for me, and is a slap in the face when giving up my rights to a property so they can turn around and sell it to someone else. Like I said, I don't need anybody's credit and I own my house, so none of the things you mention apply.

Maria48

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here are some other ideas before abandoning:
--Post the TPUs it gets in RCI, or what trades you've gotten with it from II in the past (if you've ever traded it.)
--Is it a true fixed-week resort, or can you trade internally for other weeks at the same resort or within the Vacation Villages system?
--Consider paying the transfer fee and maybe even some or all of the the 2018 usage...so folks are getting a free week, and then won't have to pay again until 2020.
--It is certainly worth calling the HOA president and see if they will take a deed in lieu of foreclosure, but doing at least the first two steps above will increase your chances of finding someone new to adopt it. (And keep coming back each week to "bump" this thread to the top of the board.)

Thanks for the advice. I might try calling the HOA president, didn't think of that, thanks. I doubt they will take it back without requiring the transfer fee and 2018 maint fee, but I guess it's worth to try!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Thanks for the input. This unit is paid off in full, there is no mortgage, so that means there is nothing to foreclose on, correct? Maybe for you, but $1625 IS a lot for me, and is a slap in the face when giving up my rights to a property so they can turn around and sell it to someone else. Like I said, I don't need anybody's credit and I own my house, so none of the things you mention apply.
It won't be a bank mortgage foreclosure but the HOA will take legal action to take the unit form you for non payment of dues and it can affect your credit rating. $1625 is a lot for me too but I would personally pay it . As of today, like you, I don't need credit but tomorrow I might. From life experiences I have learned things change in a moment, you just never know.