• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE Turtle Cay Timeshare

mom2mnp

Reaction score
FREE!!! Turtle Cay deeded week 44 timeshare at Virginia Beach. 1 Bedroom 1 Bath. Gold Key Resorts has now been acquired by Diamond Resorts. For a limited time Diamond Resorts is doing a special where they will convert the deeded week over to Diamond Resort points. This week is worth 3750 points @ 8.29 point = just over $30,000 in points.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Are they offering to convert your week without an additional points purchase? So far I haven't heard anyone who owns with Goldkey being given that opportunity.

mom2mnp

Reaction score
The employee told me that because I own no other DRI points I would need to purchase an additional 1250 because 5000 is the minimum for DRI points. He said this could be done at a very discounted price. Therefore, I would assume if someone already has DRI points this would just add to their current points. It is definitely a question we can pose to Diamond. Additionally, the timeshare can be left as a deeded week with Turtle Cay and traded thru Interval International.

mom2mnp

Reaction score
If i were to keep the timeshare, I personally would not convert as deeded seems to be cheaper maintenance fees and we have never had any trouble with trading through Interval. We just do not use this anymore so it is only cost to us now.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Turtle Cay TTL

Turtle Cay

600 Atlantic Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23451

Formerly Gold Key Resort now Diamond Resort
is located on the South end of Virginia Beach
along Atlantic Avenue at 6th Street.

Timeshare has 3 floors and 124 rooms
Plus an underground parking garage

In 2009, we stayed in a large one bedroom timeshare
(l/o) overlooking Pacific Avenue & Rudee Inlet Bridge.

https://www.diamondresorts.com/Turtle-Cay-Resort/Photo-Gallery

Turtle Cay Photos

Last edited:

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Turtle Cay - Diamond Resort

FEES

When Checking In: Hotel Guests and Exchange Reservation: A photo identification, credit card for $100 security deposit and a daily $5.00 plus tax resort fee will be required (cash is not an acceptable form of deposit). Resort Fee includes WiFi, local calls, and use of the pool.

Owner Weeks and Member Points Booking: Photo identification and a form of payment will need to be provided at check-in. Resort fees* will be waived when staying on your owner week or member point reservations.

A resort fee of $5.00 plus tax per night
will be added to the reservation if the owner or member of
THE Club® is checking in on a rental reservation.