• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Timeshares available - cancellation company giveaway!

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! Ron and Denise agreeing!

Reaction score
It's not free if buyer has to pay inflated closing costs. So what are they?

Interested party can select the closing company of their choice. No inflated prices, resort transfer fee is what the resort charges, we cant help that. In some cases we will cover it depending on the property in discussion.

Reaction score
...and if the OP declines to do so, or if the closing figures get posted but are plainly exorbitant and unreasonable, I hope all of the OP ads get "the boot", since the OP (as pointed out already) is otherwise just obtaining free advertising for "PCC giveaways" with (...maybe, we'll see) overpriced closing costs.

I've got my eye on that biennial Westgate offering with $1K annual mf --- really hope I can snag it! :rolleyes:

Theo, we would be more than happy to allow you to select the closing company of your choice if you are interested in the biennial Westgate property. We also have other Westgate's available as well if you are interested

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
theo;1908354I've got my eye on that biennial Westgate offering with $1K annual mf --- really hope I can snag it! Maybe even be able to enjoy a Westgate stay in 2016 too! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE said:
Woo-Hoo! Theo, here's your big chance. Go for it! :)

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Woo-Hoo! Theo, here's your big chance. Go for it! :)

Don't toy with me on this, Jim. I know you're going to try to "ace" me out of that Wastegate acquisition, but I think I'll actually hold out for a "Wastegate twofer". ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Regular old Silver Lake Resort ?

Or Silver Lake Resort - Silver Points ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Hi AwayWeGo,

The listing is for Silver Lake Resort located in Kissimmee, FL.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Reaction score
1) so is the problem that these arent really free, since the buyer pays closing costs, that are probably inflated to provide another stream if income for Trade Up Travel?

2) or is the problem that someone probably paid Trade up Travel to move this stuff?

In the first case consider those costs your purchase price, if its too much just pass, and in the second case consider that nearly everything you see on ebay has moved through the so called timeshare liquidation companies that have been paid to get rid of it

Bottom line if you like what you see, and think the price is fair, buy it . if not: pass

Like it or not, with few exceptions this is how the secondary market for timeshares works.

Ron, I know you like Wyndhams down in the New Orleans area, I haven't posted it yet, but if you want I have a small 70,000 point UDI contract at La Bella Maison with a bonus 70,000 contract attached

$495.60 MF

you pay transfer fee and closing costs, your company of choice and its yours.

dlowe2492

Reaction score
Ron, I know you like Wyndhams down in the New Orleans area, I haven't posted it yet, but if you want I have a small 70,000 point UDI contract at La Bella Maison with a bonus 70,000 contract attached

$495.60 MF

you pay transfer fee and closing costs, your company of choice and its yours.

Bonus 70,000 contract?

Reaction score
Sunset Point at StillWaters Resort

Sunset Point at StillWaters Resort

Usage: Annual
Week: Fixed Week 41
Next Available Use: 2016
Unit Type: 1 Bedroom
Average Annual Fees: $650.00

Description:
Located on the 40,000-acre Lake Martin, this 2,200-acre resort offers one- and two-bedroom condominiums, most with fireplaces. Amenities include an on-site clubhouse that has an outdoor pool and a fitness room. A short drive away, enjoy an 18-hole championship golf course, fishing, water sports, and boat rentals. Boats can be launched off-site for a small fee. Area attractions include Auburn University, Callaway Gardens, national parks, Surf-Side Water Park, shopping malls, art galleries, excellent restaurants, and a zoo.

Buyer pays all closing costs and resort transfer fees.
Interested party can choose the closing company of their choice.

Please contact me for more information.

Reaction score
Vacation Village at Weston

Vacation Village at Weston

Usage: Biennial Even
Week: Fixed Week 39
Unit Type: 2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom
Average Annual Fees: $850.00

Description:
Within the famous South Florida Spa, Tennis and Golf Community of Weston, lies a vacationer’s dream at Vacation Village at Weston Resort. Indulge in spacious one-and two- bedroom suites with amenities like private Jacuzzi tubs, kitchens, and living and dining areas. If you can tear yourself away from the resort’s pools and relaxing outdoor whirlpool you’ll find world-class shopping, horseback riding, tennis, golf, and restaurants that await you. Local nightlife and evening entertainment are nearby on the world-famous Fort Lauderdale Beach strip, only a short drive away.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort - West Village (Orange Lake Country

Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort - West Village (Orange Lake Country Club)

Week: Fixed Week 3
Next Available Use: 2017
Average Annual Fees: $865.00

Description:
Shop, dine, play, golf—we've got everything you need for the vacation of a lifetime. And we're right next door to Walt Disney World® Resort and Animal Kingdom!

Enjoy a leisurely journey down a 1,200-foot lazy river-style pool or thrill to watersports on our 80-acre lake with beach. Hit a few rounds at our championship Arnold Palmer Signature golf course or tee off with your kids on a course where they always golf free. And, rediscover the fun of splashing around in interactive water features or our many pools with your children. You can do all of this and more on 1,450 acres of family fun across four villages, each offering a distinctive taste of resort-style living with luxurious amenities.

Experience the relaxing oasis of Splash Lagoon in the North Village or the golfer's paradise of the East Village. Enjoy Putt-Putt® golf, shops, the new Breezes restaurant and Olympic-sized, zero-entry pool at the Water's Edge Beach Club in the West Village. Play in a tropical paradise that includes the Family Fun Zone, plus 12-acres of pools, bars and restaurants at River Island. Experience it all with daily shuttle service throughout all main areas of the resort.

Add in award-winning accommodations of every size, a wide variety of resort activities, three fitness centers and multiple basketball, tennis and racquetball courts, and you've got a family vacation value that can't be beat!

Reaction score
Peppertree at Tamarack

Peppertree at Tamarack

Week: Fixed Week 39
Average Annual Fees: $800.00

Description:
Located midway between Chicago and Minneapolis, Tamarack Resort in the Wisconsin Dells is an idea family vacation spot with a variety of entertaining activities offered year-round. In the late fall and winter, you can ski, snowmobile and ice skate. In the spring and summer, take the kids to ride the "Ducks" on a scenic tour or to one of the thrilling water parks. Whether you're bringing the kids on vacation, or you're just a kid at heart, the Wisconsin Dells will keep you coming back for more.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sheraton Vistana Resort

Sheraton Vistana Resort

Week: Fixed Week 28
Unit Type: 3 Bedroom Lockout, 2 Bathroom
Average Annual Fees: $1,000.00

Description:
Surrounded by tropical gardens, this contemporary all-villa resort is 3 miles from Walt Disney World®? Resort and 9.3 miles from Universal Orlando.

The upscale 1- and 2-bedroom villas have free WiFi and 42-inch flat-screen TVs with home theater systems and DVD players, plus washer/dryers and either full kitchens or kitchenettes. Some add private balconies or patios.

There's a complimentary Disney shuttle, 4 restaurants and bars, a grocery store and a cafe, as well as 3 fitness centers (1 open 24/7), 7 outdoor pools, 8 whirlpools and 13 tennis courts. Other amenities include a playground, bike rentals and scuba lessons (fee).

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess your web site is not "tradeuptravel.com?
I tried that and got a message "service unavailable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I guess your web site is not "tradeuptravel.com?
I tried that and got a message "service unavailable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TUG rules prohibit commercial user names.

Reaction score
Is that correct? I didn't think SVR had 3 bedroom units.

Hi Scott,

I will check into this. This information comes from the deed and the seller. It is possible that it is considered a three bedroom due to it being a lockout (two or more units put together).

Reaction score
Sheraton Vistana Resort

Week: Fixed Week 28
Unit Type: 3 Bedroom Lockout, 2 Bathroom
Average Annual Fees: $1,000.00

Description:
Surrounded by tropical gardens, this contemporary all-villa resort is 3 miles from Walt Disney World®? Resort and 9.3 miles from Universal Orlando.

The upscale 1- and 2-bedroom villas have free WiFi and 42-inch flat-screen TVs with home theater systems and DVD players, plus washer/dryers and either full kitchens or kitchenettes. Some add private balconies or patios.

There's a complimentary Disney shuttle, 4 restaurants and bars, a grocery store and a cafe, as well as 3 fitness centers (1 open 24/7), 7 outdoor pools, 8 whirlpools and 13 tennis courts. Other amenities include a playground, bike rentals and scuba lessons (fee).

CORRECTION

This is indeed a 2 bedroom unit.