• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE STAR ISLAND RESORT & CLUB - 2016 Ready to Use

dorisp

TUG Member
Reaction score
FREE - YOU JUST NEED TO PAY THE CLOSING COSTS

2016 is available for use.

Deeded as Unit 2464, Week 47 www.star-island.com
Annual Usage
4 Bedroom, 3 Baths (Lock-off)
2016 maintenance fees were just under $1000.
Maintenance fees are current. 2017 maintenance fees are due January 2017.
Nothing is owed on the property.

This unit is free to anyone who is willing to pay the closing costs.

Closing to be done through Legal Timeshare Transfers. Very reasonably priced, very responsive, and fast closing. www.lttransfers.com.

Last edited:

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are interested but have some very basic questions. If there is a site with these answers please feel free to point me in that directions.

I see it has a deeded week, does this float?

If not what are the fees for changing to another week and how does it work, we most likely would want to change into early spring or late winter?

I see it is a lockout? Can you split up your stay in smaller units and if so how does that work?

Is this part of Wyndham? Can you trade into different resorts?

We had a Westgate timeshare and although they are not what most timeshares are as they treated resell units like undesirables. Is there any issues we should be aware of with this company that may restrict our stays?

If the week isn't used does it get banked (I assume it does) and is so what is the fee for using it and how long can it be banked and can we bank it as a 2/2 bedroom? (I assume it is banked for 2 years)

Any reviews of this timeshare would be appreciated as well from others. Does it trade well with II or RCI, do they hard sell, are the units well kept, on site activities etc?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Last edited:

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any comments on this resort? I've read some reviews but value the opinions here.

Thanks

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tfish

TUG Member
Reaction score
Used to own a 3 BR here. We liked it a lot.

Circumstances changed and we sold it.

Mike

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
maddog, did the poster answer your questions?

akbmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Star Island Info

We own a week 13 at Star Island and were planning to either give it away or trade it in the next year. The largest Star Island unit are 3BR 2bath (there are no 4BR's). They are actually two bedrooms with a den.
Weeks at Star Island are fixed and cannot be changed unless an owner has converted their week to Wyndham points. There is no fee to split the week, and it will split into two-1BR units; one with a full kitchen, and one with a partial kitchen. However, both would be for week 13. You can stay for one week and trade the other. The resort sends a usage postcard each year that you can fill out, or you can call to let them know their intentions. Maintenance fees and taxes were right at $1000 last year. The resort is well-managed, is constantly upgrading and adding amenities, and has a regular replacement schedule. We have owned since 2004 and have never had a special assessment.

There are no affiliate resorts to trade with, so you have to exchange to go somewhere else. We have traded our unit primarily through II, and it trades pretty well, especially if you place a request about 6 months out. Some of our 1 BR trades include Marriott Grande Ocean for Easter week, Seven Mile Beach resort on Grand Cayman Christmas Week, and the Royal Cancun the end of January. Some of our 3BR trades include Vistana Beach Club Christmas week, a 3BR at Scottsdale Links first week of April (our spring break), Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch Christmas week, Eagles Nest on Marco New Year's week, and Hyatt Beach House Christmas week.
We bought our unit as a resale and have never felt like a 'second class citizen" because of it, whether we have visited or had questions and called. You can deposit you week with II (you have two years then to use it) or you can request first. Right now, I can request with both my 2017 & 2018 week if I so choose, without paying the maintenance fees ahead of time. You can't place it in SFX until you have paid the maintenance fees, but you can trade your timeshare there too.
The website listed in the OP has great information on the resort and available amenities and activities.
Hope this helps! We have liked the resort, but our kids are soon to be HS and college graduates in the next couple of years and we would like to own where we keep exchanging into.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a week 13 at Star Island and were planning to either give it away or trade it in the next year. The largest Star Island unit are 3BR 2bath (there are no 4BR's). They are actually two bedrooms with a den.
Weeks at Star Island are fixed and cannot be changed unless an owner has converted their week to Wyndham points. There is no fee to split the week, and it will split into two-1BR units; one with a full kitchen, and one with a partial kitchen. However, both would be for week 13. You can stay for one week and trade the other. The resort sends a usage postcard each year that you can fill out, or you can call to let them know their intentions. Maintenance fees and taxes were right at $1000 last year. The resort is well-managed, is constantly upgrading and adding amenities, and has a regular replacement schedule. We have owned since 2004 and have never had a special assessment.

There are no affiliate resorts to trade with, so you have to exchange to go somewhere else. We have traded our unit primarily through II, and it trades pretty well, especially if you place a request about 6 months out. Some of our 1 BR trades include Marriott Grande Ocean for Easter week, Seven Mile Beach resort on Grand Cayman Christmas Week, and the Royal Cancun the end of January. Some of our 3BR trades include Vistana Beach Club Christmas week, a 3BR at Scottsdale Links first week of April (our spring break), Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch Christmas week, Eagles Nest on Marco New Year's week, and Hyatt Beach House Christmas week.
We bought our unit as a resale and have never felt like a 'second class citizen" because of it, whether we have visited or had questions and called. You can deposit you week with II (you have two years then to use it) or you can request first. Right now, I can request with both my 2017 & 2018 week if I so choose, without paying the maintenance fees ahead of time. You can't place it in SFX until you have paid the maintenance fees, but you can trade your timeshare there too.
The website listed in the OP has great information on the resort and available amenities and activities.
Hope this helps! We have liked the resort, but our kids are soon to be HS and college graduates in the next couple of years and we would like to own where we keep exchanging into.
Thanks for the response, although I'm a little late, lol. We have tried to research this and although it sounds very nice we will continue to look.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

hot2trot

Reaction score
Star Island has a complicated ownership. Originally it was built by a small developer, and that same developer still has weeks that they are actively selling. Wyndham came in a few years back and purchased a few buildings, and Wyndham sells those in their resale inventory as weeks, and currently sells them as points. It depends on what you own whether you are part of Wyndham or not. Either way, you can do an exchange with II or RCI.

I have stayed at Star Island a few times and enjoyed it. The resort is older, but is well maintained, they had done some recent renovations, and were in the process of doing all the Villas. I was in a Wyndham building. You don't notice the difference when you stay there as everyone has access to all of the amenities. They have a very nice pool with a small marketplace, a grill, and offer dinner specials. There is also tennis courts, golf, and a large pond where you can rent paddle boats. They have a nice activities schedule and lots to do for the kids. The location is a little out of the way, but it is close to Disney, and a lot of restaurants and some shopping on the main drag it is off of. I stayed in a "1 bedroom" which was part of a lockoff unit. They had taken 2 bedrooms and turned one into a living room with a kitchenette. It was very nice, the only drawback was that unit does not have a balcony. It was very spacious and would be fine for 2-4 people. The main bedroom had two very comfortable queen beds, and the living room had a couch that turned into a bed.

Most of the units are lock offs. You can use it for one week as a whole, or two weeks split up into different sizes. You can split it (just like any timeshare) and stay one week and exchange the other through II or RCI for a different property.

I think if you called the property and spoke to the general manager and gave him the inventory ID he could give you more accurate information. If you are thinking of doing this, I would highly recommend this. GO TO THE SOURCE!!

It is not a high end resort, but it is very nice. I thought the staff was great!