• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Info about Raintree Vacation Club

Norm1049

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
THIS 2017 THREAD COMES FROM THE BARGAIN DEALS FORUM AND I'VE MOVED IT TO THE MEXICO FORUM BECAUSE OF THE GOOD INFORMATION IT GIVES ABOUT THE RAINTREE VACATION CLUB IN MEXICO. THIS OWNERSHIP WAS GIVEN AWAY AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Thanks to T-Dot-Traveller for this suggestion. Karen G, Moderator

We wish to give our ownership away. We have owned since 1997. Raintree Vacation Club. 20 primary resorts (top quality) plus RCI trade. Currently we have 158,000 points. 100% Owned, no debt. We will pay the transfer fee. You can use points for any number of days, any time of the year. This is an annual contract 130,000 points per year. Maintenance fee currently 1806/year. Next payment due 3/31/18.

You can use points for studios, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom...whatever you wish. 3 days - 16 days, a week, whatever works for you.

Contract through 2046. We are older and simply don't travel anymore. There is nothing wrong with Raintree. They are a great organization and their 20 primary resorts (Mexico, US, Hawaii, Canada) are beautiful, clean, well run and in wonderful locations.

Any questions, PM me please. We will pay the transfer fee. You will have nothing out of pocket and will get immediate use of the 158,000 points. No hidden tricks here.

Last edited by a moderator:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you are interested in Raintree, this is a good deal. One of the features with Raintree is that the more points you own, the lower your annual fees in $/point. So higher value contracts, such as a Sapphire, are more valuable than a lower value contract. If you are interested in doing a rental "business", if you know what you are doing you should be able to effectively split this into the equivalent of a two golds, or a gold and a diamond, rent one to cover maintenance fees, leaving you with the other free and clear to rent for more income or to use yourself.

But the issue is deciding if Raintree is something that you want to own. I've posted my thoughts, good and bad, about Raintree in the past. Use the Search function if interested.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I simply want to transfer ownership to someone else.
I understand. I was providing information for people who might be interested. Ten years ago I would have snapped this up in an instant. However, at this stage of life we're winding down our ownerships rather than adding on.

deslagle

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am enjoying Miners club part of Raintree right now as I index this message on the keyboard.
Not all resorts on the Raintree Vacation Club site are easy to get to via exchange within Raintree.

an example of 1 that is hard to get into is the Teton Club, an associate resort. there are only 3 units per week (80,000) points available. I have tried many times and failed. Some resorts are alliance resorts and not owned by Raintree as well. But 1 year out the true Raintree resorts are easy to get into.

Sandcastle is a true Raintree but is managed by Wyndham at the front desk.
Miners Club says Worldmark on the sign outside the entrance. Worlmark owns 43%. Raintree 57%.

I agree 158,000 points is worthwhile for free though.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Unless Raintree has changed their Rules you can not combine the Memberships into a single Account resulting in a higher level of Membership. I had a Gold Account and wanted to move up to Platinum. My idea was to buy a Silver Account, combine them, and end of at Platinum. Called RVC and they shot me down. They said I would end up with 2 separate Accounts - 1 Gold and 1 Silver. So I bit the bullet and traded in my Gold Account and bought a Platimun Account. They gave me $20,000 Credit for my Gold Account ( which I had bought online for $1,700 which included the Transfer Fees about 13 years ago) and we negotiated for a few hours on the price of the Platinum. So we ended up with a Platinum Account for a couple thousand dollars.

rferrel1

Reaction score
We wish to give our ownership away. We have owned since 1997. Raintree Vacation Club. 20 primary resorts (top quality) plus RCI trade. Currently we have 158,000 points. 100% Owned, no debt. We will pay the transfer fee. You can use points for any number of days, any time of the year. This is an annual contract 130,000 points per year. Maintenance fee currently 1806/year. Next payment due 3/31/18.

You can use points for studios, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom...whatever you wish. 3 days - 16 days, a week, whatever works for you.

Contract through 2046. We are older and simply don't travel anymore. There is nothing wrong with Raintree. They are a great organization and their 20 primary resorts (Mexico, US, Hawaii, Canada) are beautiful, clean, well run and in wonderful locations.

Any questions, PM me please. We will pay the transfer fee. You will have nothing out of pocket and will get immediate use of the 158,000 points. No hidden tricks here.

I’m not familiar with Raintree points. What, in points, does a 2-BR unit cost during high season (say, in Puerto Vallarta)?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I’m not familiar with Raintree points. What, in points, does a 2-BR unit cost during high season (say, in Puerto Vallarta)?

I am not an owner but have read info on TUG .
Club Regina Raintree Puerto Vallarta - Marina is a very nice resort .
We have toured by walking next door from the Mayan Palace PV - Marina location .

I believe the cost in MF for a 2 bedroom would be $ 1500-ish per week/ not sure of the points needed .
As T_R_Oglodyte indicated - with Raintree cost per point go down when you own more points .

There are also contracts that are only for the 3 Club Regina locations ( PV, Cabo, Cancun )
Those contract expire in 2026 (so an easy exit plan) As of Feb 2019 - there is a one for sale in TUG Marketplace . It is rather unique since it is a special Holiday Week ownership .

I believe the ownership connected to this thread was transferred to a new
owner in 2017